Really surprised at that, seems a likeable guy who’s had Hibs playing some decent stuff in spells during his tenure. Being likeable doesn’t buy you time though I guess, especially when you look how the side have drifted from the start they made this term. Could at least have given him a shot at the LC final though, JR did guide his team there. Disappointing.

40 minutes ago, printer said:

Preposterous decision by Hibs. 

37 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Couldn’t agree more. Ludicrous 

25 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Think you binned him too early. IMO.

It’s so easy for people who haven’t had to watch the absolute dross we’ve served up over the past year to make comments like this.

We finished 3rd in the league and got 3 trips to Hampden but fans weren’t happy, yet we were happy when we finished 2nd in the Championship.

Its a total inditement of the shower of shite football on show, lack of defence of Porteous, being battered by St Johnstone twice at Hampden, shite transfer windows, attendances are dwindling rapidly because people don’t want to watch this team.

Just because he talks well in the media doesn’t make him the right man for the job, speak to any Sunderland fan and you’ll get a similar response.

19 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

We finished 3rd in the league and got 3 trips to Hampden but fans weren’t happy, yet we were happy when we finished 2nd in the Championship.

Could've kept Ross in charge and enjoyed yourselves for a season or two.

The contrast between the fans of the team doing the sacking and other teams in terms of how soon the sacking came is always massive. When you are fans of the ream doing said sacking you can never believe it when some trumpet says the man was sacked too soon.

I say give managers time, except Tommy. #Tommy out and all that.

1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

It’s so easy for people who haven’t had to watch the absolute dross we’ve served up over the past year to make comments like this.

Its a total inditement of the shower of shite football on show, lack of defence of Porteous, being battered by St Johnstone twice at Hampden, shite transfer windows, attendances are dwindling rapidly because people don’t want to watch this team.

Just because he talks well in the media doesn’t make him the right man for the job, speak to any Sunderland fan and you’ll get a similar response.

Really don't want to quote the Hibs guys after Derek was punted...

2 hours ago, printer said:

Preposterous decision by Hibs. 

2 hours ago, CambieBud said:

Couldn’t agree more. Ludicrous 

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Think you binned him too early. IMO.

1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

All very Derek McInnesesque...

13 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Really don't want to quote the Hibs guys after Derek was punted...

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

All very Derek McInnesesque...

Yep, totally, see my post about 8 hours before the Livi game kicked off.

On 08/12/2021 at 11:06, Les Cabbage said:

To be honest with you, right now it’s just the most uninspiring, under Heckingbottom, Butcher the etc, I went every week but at least there was anger there, when we’d lose I would actually be annoyed, the way we play and the fact there are very few players on the pitch that I feel any connection to (probably Boyle and Porteous the only regular starters that applies to).

For example, in years gone by we’d lose 3-0 to Dundee Utd I would be straight home and annoyed, in the game recently, I was pleased the 3rd went in so that I could leave and get myself to the boozer with my pals which I’m finding far more enjoyable than the football under this management with these players. 

I’ve got a good mate who’s an Aberdeen fan, who went every week his whole life and what Derek McInnes did to the club put him off it for life and when I speak to him about Ross, it sounds similar, I won’t ever be put off it for life but as someone pre-covid who went every week home and away, already I’ve started reducing the away games I go to, Aberdeen being the only one I’ve done this season so far (although I was half way up to Dingwall when that shite happened).

I’ve gone off on a bit of a tangent here but I’m definitely not alone, crowd numbers are dwindling and less and less season ticket holders are showing up and unless something changes soon, whether that be a change in manager or some investment in the team, that’s only going to continue.

Seems a baffling sacking from the outside, watched both Rangers games and they were the better team in both games. Into a cup final and 2 points off top 6 with game in hand. Not sure what his remit would have been.

Probably not 7th, given we finished 3rd last season.