1 hour ago, sairyinthat said:

don't you mean you's lot?Clearly stings when you try to pick holes in grammer  rather than attempt to answer the point of the post.The slide down the table is on. counteract that.

The first rule of posting on P&B should be that it is better to write nothing and have people think you are stupid, rather than posting some illiterate shit and confirming it. 

4 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hibernian-announce-significant-partnership-with-sportemon-go

Someones giving us money for the back of the shirt sponsor.  What they do is..  em..

Fair enough getting a deal that size but I would hope even the biggest fanboy doesn’t lap this utter dog shit up.

Edited by gannonball

4 hours ago, HK Hibee said:

The first rule of posting on P&B should be that it is better to write nothing and have people think you are stupid, rather than posting some illiterate shit and confirming it. 

You surely are not trying to convince folks on the site you are intelligent.well I never. Failed badly.

7 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Mathie leaving the club.

6 minutes ago, SDG2 said:

Mathie away. The work we did under Stubbs in terms of signings was mostly excellent however the past few years its been a bit clueless so probably the right move. Wonder who we will bring in.

I suspect the Summer fuckups led to a few raging calls from Ross to Gordon.

Lets be honest, if he cant deliver on signings, what was the point?

I personally thought that window gone by was one of our better windows so I'm surprised by this and by the characterisation of the window as a failure, albeit a couple of things seen from the outside which look a little sketchy.

On the positives:

Macey - Solid find initially and looking to have grown into it more every week.

JDH - Probably my favourite signing in recent times, felt for all that was good last year our midfielders couldn't find each other and with this fella that's resolved and then some.

Tait - One for the future, albeit signed with a view to him contributing immediately until Rovers demanded he be loaned back. 

Scott - Thought he's looked decent in his first two games without scoring and too steaming to give a proper verdict on his derby performance but from what little I saw it wasn't great, but still, two out of three. Slight failure not to get an option/obligation on him I think but we'll see how that pans out. For me I'd be happy considering him a Striker, thus why I don't necessarily feel we failed to provide depth there.

Mueller - Perhaps the credit for this is being claimed from other quarters, but at the time he was looked at as a coup and hopefully that pans out, albeit again there are questions as to whether this was Mathie's work.

Magennis - Cheating slightly as this was last years work, and perhaps this might be more one for Ross given his St Mirren links, but an example of the recruitment work panning out over time for positive results. 

Wood - Sounds a good prospect too, albeit on loan and unseen as of yet so no comment really other than it sounds like good depth to have.  

Mckay - Or however its spelled. Again, hailed as a coup when he signed at the end of last season, scored some goals so far in limited opportunities.

On the negatives:

No CB signed permanently in any of the last few windows is a bad one. I think the defence has looked decent thus far this season other than in Croatia and whenever Gogic has been relied on, but its clear we're looking for decent depth and competition here. Fawning after Kerr and McCart all Summer didn't do much good in the end sadly, but dealing with St Johnstone whilst they're still in Europe seemed like a difficult task. Albeit that would make you conclude we should be looking elsewhere.

Lack of depth at striker, I don't personally buy into this. I think we're generally going to play one up top, for which we can currently rotate Nisbet and Scott, with the possibility of Boyle filling in, or giving a chance to the likes of O'Connor or Laidlaw. Doidge will return eventually, and we've got try giving our youth a shot at some point. Perhaps someone like a Zak Rudden might have been nice but equally he'd probably find playing opportunities fairly short.

Not selling Doig was a missed opportunity I felt, but equally the money had to be right and perhaps it wasn't Perhaps we were asking for too much, but maybe a little faith in the player and the team that they'll be able to go out this year and not just maintain but improve on their levels from last and we might actually see that cash forthcoming. Personally I would likely have taken anything over £3 million, especially seeing as it sounds like there were targets we had lined up to use that money on, but as above, happy to roll the dice.

I am slightly concerned that we loaned out Bradley, our depth on the wings is looking a little flimsy and I think he could easily have had a shot, but I'm sure we'll survive.

All in all I think its a mistake letting him go, his record since he arrived I feel is very good and a large part of why I enjoy watching the team these days - albeit I don't know anything about the exact range of his influence on signings/direction etc. I hope Ron has someone good lined up already as I feel this is one of those un-necessary gambles that could turn out badly, having his own person for the sake of it kinda vibe. 

Edited by Chefki Kuqi

13 hours ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

On the negatives:

No CB signed permanently in any of the last few windows is a bad one. I think the defence has looked decent thus far this season other than in Croatia and whenever Gogic has been relied on, but its clear we're looking for decent depth and competition here. Fawning after Kerr and McCart all Summer didn't do much good in the end sadly, but dealing with St Johnstone whilst they're still in Europe seemed like a difficult task. Albeit that would make you conclude we should be looking elsewhere.

Lack of depth at striker, I don't personally buy into this. I think we're generally going to play one up top, for which we can currently rotate Nisbet and Scott, with the possibility of Boyle filling in, or giving a chance to the likes of O'Connor or Laidlaw. Doidge will return eventually, and we've got try giving our youth a shot at some point. Perhaps someone like a Zak Rudden might have been nice but equally he'd probably find playing opportunities fairly short.

Agreed on these two. The additional striker was always going to be tricky. Putting aside finances etc any forward we brought in at the end of the window would know that we have two forwards who would be stars for anyone outside Celtic or Rangers, a couple more who would get into most teams (Scott and Murphy) and returning from injury/signing in January two others amongst the best outside the OF (obviously not proven with Mueller yet)

So at best any new striker is looking at being second choice for a few months and then God knows. As much as I want him nowhere near the club that's why Griffiths didn't sign, he knew he wasn't guaranteed a game as he is at Dundee.

So you're left with aging gambles like your profile namesake or someone at the other end of the age spectrum on a free, or the likes of Callum Hendry on loan which I don't think anyone would be excited about. We're as well actually playing Gullan imo. 

The cb approach was unacceptable, however. A clear position where we needed an additional first team regular level of player and we spent a whole summer apparently flashing our eyelashes at guys who weren't really interested

On 16/09/2021 at 16:28, SDG2 said:

Mathie away. The work we did under Stubbs in terms of signings was mostly excellent however the past few years its been a bit clueless so probably the right move. Wonder who we will bring in.

On 16/09/2021 at 16:41, Fraser Fyvie said:

Ron taking no prisoners.

On 16/09/2021 at 16:52, Zing. said:

The way we dealt with the McCart transfer was, from the outside, a total mess from start to finish. Lack of additional striker probably didn’t help matters either.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/ron-gordon-on-the-lessons-hibs-must-learn-from-summer-transfer-scramble-3393154

Not mincing his words there.