First I’ve heard of us bidding for Kerr, seemed like he was always out our price range and that’s why we were after McCart. Also sounds weird that we would get a bid accepted for a player without speaking to their agent to find out what kind of wages he’s after. Sounds like shite tbh. 

59 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

The truth is, nobody actually knows.

If Hibs had a (substantial, you would imagine hundreds of thousands?) bid accepted by your club, and baulked at offering more than £25k on top of his St J salary..............then that doesnt really add up as even a vaguely sensible rumour tbqh.

Yeah it made no sense to me, but has been rife in Perth for a few weeks.

Obviously there’s still time but its appearing likelier and likelier it’ll just be Mitchell and no other players in.

Overall, a pretty disappointing window I would say, Doyle-Hayes probably being the only player that improves us as an XI. 

Obviously with Magennis’ improvement you could argue he’s “like a new signing” but we’re no stronger in defence or attack and we now have less depth in midfield.

Losing Mallan, Irvine, McGinn with Hallberg and potentially Murphy out for a length of time leaves us far weaker, despite the majority of the aforementioned names not having a massive impact for us and unfortunately I don’t have much faith Allan will ever be the player he was.

Last season I felt we were light up top and with no Doidge till Christmas it now feels even moreso.

Got to pray for a lack of injuries between now and Christmas really for when Mueller comes in and Doidge comes back.

I’ve said this already but if we’d acted earlier and brought Wood in instead of fannying about with McCart we’d possibly be on 12 points rather than 10 and at least have got through an extra round in Europe.

And it can’t be a lack of budget if we just offered a few hundred grand for McCart, and also do we really need 3 goalkeepers? When in the history of the club have we ever went down to a 3rd choice? There’s also an emergency loan system in place for rare occurrences like that, appreciate he’ll be cheap and probably never play but could we not have chucked that few hundred a week at another player.

Pretty frustrating all in all.

Hibernian are still hopeful of one more deal to be completed before the midnight deadline. 

The Easter Road club have already signed Middlesbrough defender Nathan Wood on loan today.

Head coach Jack Ross secured the services of Chris Mueller from Orlando City on a pre-contract earlier this summer, with the American set to join the club in January. 

However, could the attacker be making his move to Leith this transfer window?

1 minute ago, SDG2 said:

We are after Dylan Tait from Raith. A midfielder. Lets hope Nisbet/Boyle dont get a bad injury or we are completely fucked.

That’s exactly what we need. 

Not signing another striker is piss poor. 

19 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

That’s exactly what we need. 

Not signing another striker is piss poor. 

To be fair, he's a tidy wee player that could be a cracking investment. Dunno if he'll improve you right away though.

Eta:

Actually, you have Gogic. Brilliant signing then.

Edited by Ludo*1

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair, he's a tidy wee player that could be a cracking investment. Dunno if he'll improve you right away though.

We are apparently sending him back on loan to Raith for the season. 

Noticed you are signing Chris Mueller (Gerd) from Orlando. Watched quite a bit of him staying over in the US.

Good developing player, can play off either wing in a front 3. Pacey, direct and has definitely improved. Will need to make another step up in the SPL but one you can definitely develop and sell on.

Compared to what I saw of Ramirez who the Dons signed, Muller was a regular and stand out in one of the better teams while Ramirez couldn’t get a game for a team that finished bottom.