1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Apparently the "we understand" is Dundee journalist speak for "we have nae idea".

BBC confirmed it was an israeli club.

32 minutes ago, Ulises de la Cruz said:

Hoping we don't go for that jobber at St Johnstone would've much preferred Griffiths if that's the case.

Tbh I'd have signing a 31 year old on loan who's struggled for game time, confidence and goals while behaving like an utter p***k for the past 2 years pretty much because of his past with the club 8 years ago now as the definition of scrambling around. 

As well as the (untrue) Griffiths stuff, some cheeky scamp on Hibs net is now suggesting that "Hibs were offered Jason Kerr but wouldnt match his £5k a week salary".

I do wonder what these people did before forums - pluck the wings off flies or torture small animals??

Fannies

As well as the (untrue) Griffiths stuff, some cheeky scamp on Hibs net is now suggesting that "Hibs were offered Jason Kerr but wouldnt match his £5k a week salary".
I do wonder what these people did before forums - pluck the wings off flies or torture small animals??
Fannies
There must be some serious mental problems with the ITK types on club forums.

9 minutes ago, Proposition Joe said:

If we end up with just Hendry tonight.

IMG_0969.PNG.a97609738a7f65f48579f6aa7ec5a7d1.PNG.b48da161d501c50bd45668023e5ebf30.PNG

This is going to be incredibly unpopular with the guys who seriously believe we're chucking bids at everyone we have a rumoured interest in, but I wouldn't mind tbh. We need someone capable of at least resembling a focal point while Doidge is away and before Mueller comes in. Whoever it is will spend most of their time in the bench anyway assuming *smashes head off a wooden desk* Nisbet stays. Hendry is bobbins but he can do that at least. 

Could do with another RB and a winger but I'm struggling to feel too negative about the window as we come to the end. Pretty elated that Boyle, Nisbet, Porto and Doig look to be staying and we've strengthened, if a bit underwhelmingly, a defence which conceded the third fewest goals in the league and the attack which scored the third most. 

This is going to be incredibly unpopular with the guys who seriously believe we're chucking bids at everyone we have a rumoured interest in, but I wouldn't mind tbh. We need someone capable of at least resembling a focal point while Doidge is away and before Mueller comes in. Whoever it is will spend most of their time in the bench anyway assuming *smashes head off a wooden desk* Nisbet stays. Hendry is bobbins but he can do that at least. 
Could do with another RB and a winger but I'm struggling to feel too negative about the window as we come to the end. Pretty elated that Boyle, Nisbet, Porto and Doig look to be staying and we've strengthened, if a bit underwhelmingly, a defence which conceded the third fewest goals in the league and the attack which scored the third most. 

Surely James Scott is the focal point striker?

I’m pretty happy with what we’ve got, another striker would be ideal but not essential IMO. Just glad we’ve got a decent looking CB in and kept our big players seemingly.

6 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Surely James Scott is the focal point striker?

I’m pretty happy with what we’ve got, another striker would be ideal but not essential IMO. Just glad we’ve got a decent looking CB in and kept our big players seemingly.

From chatting to the well lads more of a wide forward but aye can do that. I mean just as an extra stop gap, give Nisbet 20 mins rest every once in a while Hendry is fine 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

If you’re looking for cover for injuries/squad player/someone to facilitate the better players around him then hendry isn’t the worst option in the world. 

Aye agreed, people are talking like he'd be being brought in to be a starter 

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

From chatting to the well lads more of a wide forward but aye can do that. I mean just as an extra stop gap, give Nisbet 20 mins rest every once in a while Hendry is fine 

Aye agreed, people are talking like he'd be being brought in to be a starter 

The trick is not to build a squad so badly that you have no other option but to start him. 

46 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

We’ve done pretty well I think. Assuming Wood is a better 3rd choice option than Daz (from what I’ve read he will be) we’ve done enough with the defence imo. Cadden is a solid back up at rb and McGinn will pick up again after his slow start this season. 

Doyle-Hayes and Magennis getting fit have improved us in midfield massively and Mackay and Bradley look decent impact players out wide. Mueller will come in January and play every week out wide so there’s not much need for another wide player. 

Could do with an extra body up top and if we manage that it’s been a good window. I’d never have expected us to keep the 4 guys linked with moves and if we get Nisbet and Porto on new deals soon we’re in good shape for the season 

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I'm not interested in your facts and logic m8, I just want to stamp my feet and have a hissy fit because we're signing St Johnstone's 3rd choice centre forward.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

"Hibs were offered Jason Kerr but wouldnt match his £5k a week salary".

TBF the rumours down this way have been saying you had a bid accepted at the start of the Summer but only offered to increase his contract by £500 so he rejected it.

Apparently getting over £10k a week at Wigan, which shows how wild the money is down that way.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF the rumours down this way have been saying you had a bid accepted at the start of the Summer but only offered to increase his contract by £500 so he rejected it.

Apparently getting over £10k a week at Wigan, which shows how wild the money is down that way.

The truth is, nobody actually knows.

If Hibs had a (substantial, you would imagine hundreds of thousands?) bid accepted by your club, and baulked at offering more than £25k on top of his St J salary..............then that doesnt really add up as even a vaguely sensible rumour tbqh.

The rumours on TDD get dafter by the minute. Yesterdays was that Doig was off to Sevco, £4m and a 2 year deal - fact, you heard it here, ITK etc etc..................as if they would spend that and only secure a 2 year deal.

Agree entirely on the money down south, none of us can compete with it - and I dont blame the players for taking it.