1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Are your category A fixtures decided pre-season? Or would we be considered category A if it was final day of the season and we're on equal points in third?

I'm under the impression it's a policing thing, and the Aberdeen boys aren't numerous enough to overflow their allocation or belligerent enough these days to give the Hibs bois a decent fight, so you'll just have to suck up the humiliation and accept the cheaper ticket prices, something I believe you Aberdonians would prefer.

6 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I'm under the impression it's a policing thing, and the Aberdeen boys aren't numerous enough to overflow their allocation or belligerent enough these days to give the Hibs bois a decent fight, so you'll just have to suck up the humiliation and accept the cheaper ticket prices, something I believe you Aberdonians would prefer.

Meme Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Are your category A fixtures decided pre-season? Or would we be considered category A if it was final day of the season and we're on equal points in third?

12 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I think Aberdeen are still classed as Cat A by John Q Law.

I am in the West and the last time they came I am sure the gates to Albion Place were shut. I questioned one of Police Scotlands finest on this and they said it was because it was a Cat A match. 

I did mention that there was about as much chance of a pagger at this match as a Hamilton fixture and I was going to have to walk the long way round in the rain -  he said "I know, but its not my decision"....................helpful as always.

We can hope that they have changed it now.

Guest TheJTS98

1)"I think 42 senior clubs is too many for Scotland.

"You're looking at about half that number.

"We're not throwing people to the dogs and saying you don't matter. We should be saying this is what will work better for you, what fits your profile."

2)“On the structure, in my opinion, we have a lot of teams. We have 42 teams in the SPFL, which is huge for a country of five and a half million people.

“My sense is that somewhere in the middle of that, maybe 24 or something like that…you could still keep the pyramid going, but the focus would be on the full-time, professional clubs that can really grow the game."

image.jpeg.6e7a84ff0e8580e620551feadd1818c0.jpeg

Fucking Ann Budg... Ooooh, wait...

image.jpeg.77ecddb9efca6b35b6068b012d0bc7e8.jpeg

Really really starting to get concerned about the way my club is going.

Walk up prices increasing to up to £28 for category C games, the chat about an Atlantic League a couple of years ago and now Ron Gordon piping up with shit like this.

On the walk ups I’m a season ticket holder so it doesn’t affect me but it’s going to affect the poorest Hibs fans who want to go all the time but can’t afford a season ticket, it’s as if we’re trying to cut the working class out of the club, and coming out with Tory shit like this just makes it worse.

No doubt the Hibs.net weirdos that just defend everything the club does no matter what it is will continue to defend it and be content with it so nothing will change.

14 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Really really starting to get concerned about the way my club is going.

Walk up prices increasing to up to £28 for category C games, the chat about an Atlantic League a couple of years ago and now Ron Gordon piping up with shit like this.

On the walk ups I’m a season ticket holder so it doesn’t affect me but it’s going to affect the poorest Hibs fans who want to go all the time but can’t afford a season ticket, it’s as if we’re trying to cut the working class out of the club, and coming out with Tory shit like this just makes it worse.

No doubt the Hibs.net weirdos that just defend everything the club does no matter what it is will continue to defend it and be content with it so nothing will change.

£28 is way too expensive, although it seems to be in line with what other clubs are doing (unless ive missed something). Quite a ridiculous price hike which I’m guessing is Covid related. Sure before it all happened it was £22/£23?

I'd be pretty confident it's Covid-related🙄. There's a huge number of threads on Miggs.Net whingeing that we need two #5s, a "proper half-back", two new strikers and a goalie. They will cost money.

Consider how many beers £28 gets you in a city centre pub.

How far does it get you on a train? Or in a taxi... even a taxi with club sponsors "Beep! Beep!" and a sub-minimum-wage driver? The Miggs.Net thread when they were announced as sponsors remains one of my all-time faves. The number of Mr. Pinks on the forum surprised even me:

"They can quit & get another job!"

"Learn to f**kin' type!"

"The words "Day off" shouldn't be in a minicab driver's vocabulary!"

Being able to spend even £10 on a football match is way beyond the means of many people. As is buying an organic fruit preserve from the food hall at Jenner's or Harvey Nix. Or having a cleaner in to do your house every week. Or taking a fortnight's holiday in Barbados. 

Frankly, all four are about as necessary as learning to recite the full screenplay of every Star Wars franchise movie word-for-word... and about as high up the list of priorities for anyone actually on or below a realistic poverty line. 

Still, mustn't let reality get in the way of waving the Red Flag and singing "L'Internationale", in support of mythical, downtrodden "communities"... and railing against "Evil Tories"🙄... must we?

Right! How many downvotes will this get?

I'll set the spread at 10 - 12.

Edited by FortescueFotheringhamSmyth
typo

2 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

1)"I think 42 senior clubs is too many for Scotland.

"You're looking at about half that number.

"We're not throwing people to the dogs and saying you don't matter. We should be saying this is what will work better for you, what fits your profile."

2)“On the structure, in my opinion, we have a lot of teams. We have 42 teams in the SPFL, which is huge for a country of five and a half million people.

“My sense is that somewhere in the middle of that, maybe 24 or something like that…you could still keep the pyramid going, but the focus would be on the full-time, professional clubs that can really grow the game."

image.jpeg.6e7a84ff0e8580e620551feadd1818c0.jpeg

Fucking Ann Budg... Ooooh, wait...

image.jpeg.77ecddb9efca6b35b6068b012d0bc7e8.jpeg

There's these folk that genuinely think if you did away with lots of diddy clubs you'd have far more fans for the elite clubs.

That a slightly bigger share of next to f**k all tv and prize money each season is going to make a world of difference.

Its the same fantasy land that saw us suffer the 10,000 seat stadium rule.  If we build them, change the name of the league and do a big fancy marketing campaign about how this is the new improved Scottish football, then suddenly towns with a population of 40,000 will find an extra 5000 fans.

Its such a wee man attitude from Hibs, and the Hearts owners.  We're incapable of challenging the big two, in fact we can't even out perform half the smaller clubs in the league, so let's squash some diddies. That'll show 'em.

Guest TheJTS98
23 minutes ago, FortescueFotheringhamSmyth said:

I'd be pretty confident it's Covid-related🙄. There's a huge number of threads on Miggs.Net whingeing that we need two #5s, a "proper half-back", two new strikers and a goalie. They will cost money.

Consider how many beers £28 gets you in a city centre pub.

How far does it get you on a train? Or in a taxi... even a taxi with club sponsors "Beep! Beep!" and a sub-minimum-wage driver? The Miggs.Net thread when they were announced as sponsors remains one of my all-time faves. The number of Mr. Pinks on the forum surprised even me:

"They can quit & get another job!"

"Learn to f**kin' type!"

"The words "Day off" shouldn't be in a minicab driver's vocabulary!"

Being able to spend even £10 on a football match is way beyond the means of many people. As is buying an organic fruit preserve from the food hall at Jenner's or Harvey Nix. Or having a cleaner in to do your house every week. Or taking a fortnight's holiday in Barbados. 

Frankly, all four are about as necessary as learning to recite the full screenplay of every Star Wars franchise movie word-for-word... and about as high up the list of priorities for anyone actually on or below a realistic poverty line. 

Still, mustn't let reality get in the way of waving the Red Flag and singing "L'Internationale", in support of mythical, downtrodden "communities"... and railing against "Evil Tories"🙄... must we?

Right! How many downvotes will this get?

I'll set the spread at 10 - 12.

image.jpeg.329d6c401617e9e5092ce5338f61bce7.jpeg

26 minutes ago, yoda said:

Merge all the senior Edinburgh sides, brand them as "Edinburgh City", and get them to play out of Murrayfield?

alanpartridgemonkeytennis-640x360.jpg

NeoMurrayfield only has a capacity of exactly 499. Which is probably all you'd need for the likely fanbase of such a team.