1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

The caveat with Scott is that he's barely played in a year and a half so there's an obvious question mark there. Similarly he's still only 20 and it's difficult to say how he'll react to his experience at Hull.

In a general sense though with us we tried him as a #9 in the post-split games on the 18/19 season when it was clear Main was away and we were to all intents and purposes safe. He found that pretty tough and he wasn't ready to play against Premiership CBs, which was fair enough he was only 18 and as Robinson put it he was still learning how to use his body.

I genuinely don't know whether he sees himself as a #9 or a "wide forward".

19/20 season we largely used him off the wings and he fitted in well as an out ball. The dip in form we saw after we sold him should highlight the extent to which we missed him but weirdly I saw a few comments from Motherwell fans last night describing him as an "average" player...fucking idiots. Anyway, generally we'd put him on top of full backs and he had more than enough about him technically to play in that area (unlike Hastie).

There's a tactical analysis of the 3-0 game against you lot on the Modern Fitba' site and it highlights Scott specifically. 

That in effect is a good description of how we used him so the Hibs fans who I saw losing their minds about his lack of goals are kind of missing the point of the role he had in that team.

As a package he has all the tools (IMO) and had a very high ceiling (which is presumably why Hull went for him). We got good money for him (£1m+) but as I say the knock on was that our form dipped as a result. In terms of potential he could easily be aiming for a far bigger club than Hibs, whether he realises that is on him really.

He's tall, athletic, built and has good feet (and not just as in a "good feet for a big man" cliche), he's legitimately technically very good and has a gallus aspect to his game. The story at the time was that of the 3 who were going out of contract it was Scott and Turnbull who were our priorities to get tied down on long term deals because those were the two we saw as significant saleable assets, Hastie was less of a priority.

His time at Hull was fucked. Hull were comfortably mid-table in the Championship when he signed, he picked up a long term injury literally in his first training session, they sold Jarrod Bowen, the 'rona shutdown happened, by the time the re-start happened IIRC some Hull players declined to play because...contracts, they ended up relegated.

He scored on his first start for them but he seemed to struggle to get into the team while they were in League 1 and I don't think his career with them has ever really recovered from that.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on as he hasn't played a lot of football and was by no means the finished article when we sold him. It could go either way tbh.

Ta very much! That was pretty much my perception of seeing him at you but didn't have any idea how he'd done in Hull

Sounds great in that case, pretty good on the wings, can do a job up front and has the attributes that if he can avoid further injuries and keep developing could be a brilliant player at this level. Although can't see anywhere that we do have an option to buy him as someone said earlier 

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Ta very much! That was pretty much my perception of seeing him at you but didn't have any idea how he'd done in Hull

Sounds great in that case, pretty good on the wings, can do a job up front and has the attributes that if he can avoid further injuries and keep developing could be a brilliant player at this level. Although can't see anywhere that we do have an option to buy him as someone said earlier 

The option to buy would be a weird one, which isn't to say it doesn't exist, but given what Hull paid for him and he's still got a year on his deal after this it's hard to imagine they'd be fine with just writing him off at say, the sort of money you paid Rangers for Murphy.

A good season up here with Hibs and you'd think they either have a player they can bring back into their squad or one that they'd be able to recoup the bulk of that £1m+ they spent.

3 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

It not sure how much in the know Peter Martin is. If at all. 

FEFABAD3-0CCA-4352-BDF8-967EBAE75BFC.jpeg

None of that is much of a surprise, Martin has been fed this by a Celtic source, I imagine.

I would prefer Celtic to pay what Nisbet is worth without pretending that LG currently has any makeweight value in the deal.

Which wont happen

Cue "Hibs star held to ransom" story

Plus ca change plus ca meme chose

Check out the "Just F*** Right Off BBC!" thread on Miggs.Net😲🤣.

That forum suggests Mason Boyne's relatives have all given up being Staunch and moved to Leith.

I'm amazed there are no ads for Scientology, David Icke and the Taliban on there. They'd all get loads of converts with a recruitment ad. 

So - dreadful first half today, spine of the team missing, defence about as effective as a fairy circle and that was before we had to put Stevenson on as RB.............oh, and Alex Gogic.

..........and yet, we are still top of the league.

GIF by MOODMAN

Proof positive that the league is shite this season.

9 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

We are also hoping to get Mueller in before the deadline too.

Ron was in the Hibs Club before the Ross County match and told at least one person that we had made a move for him, however his club were not for moving.

Disappointing but looks like we need to wait til mid season.

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Ron was in the Hibs Club before the Ross County match and told at least one person that we had made a move for him, however his club were not for moving.

Disappointing but looks like we need to wait til mid season.

Big week ahead so I hope we get the players in we need. 

39 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I dont know how much a match ticket is, but getting a ST saves you a decent whack.

I decided to work it out.

If you assume the cat A prices are the same as the cat B ones, you save £71-£112 depending on which tier of seat you occupy. About the price of 2-3 match tickets.

More likely category A fixtures will be more expensive. I don't know what the category A prices are yet, but pro-rating by a previous year's £22/£28 discrepancy, that ended up as a saving of up to £144-168 - if we assume the three cat A teams make it into the top 6. I'm assuming it'll be a bit less.

10 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I decided to work it out.

If you assume the cat A prices are the same as the cat B ones, you save £71-£112 depending on which tier of seat you occupy. About the price of 2-3 match tickets.

More likely category A fixtures will be more expensive. I don't know what the category A prices are yet, but pro-rating by a previous year's £22/£28 discrepancy, that ended up as a saving of up to £144-168 - if we assume the three cat A teams make it into the top 6. I'm assuming it'll be a bit less.

Are your category A fixtures decided pre-season? Or would we be considered category A if it was final day of the season and we're on equal points in third?