1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Just seen the red card from last night. 

Jesus fucking Christ. 

Seen someone suggest he caught him. Even if he did it would have been a wee toe tickle. Pathetic awful stuff.

It will be cheered to the rafters by the "aw these forinners are cheetin basturts" crew 😉

tbf, in this case they are right !

On 21/07/2021 at 18:25, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

What's the beef here?

Initially I thought it was maybe just a bit but then realised it probably goes back to Macintosh setting up The Totally Football Show and taking James Richardson and a bunch of the other Guardian Football Weekly regulars with him before selling up/out to The Athletic.

E6-S6GRXIAQUGsV?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by capt_oats

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Initially I thought it was maybe just a bit but then realised it probably goes back to Macintosh setting up The Totally Football Show and taking James Richardson and a bunch of the other Guardian Football Weekly regulars with him then selling out to The Athletic.

E6-S6GRXIAQUGsV?format=jpg&name=large

Ahh thought it would be something like that but didn't realize he had founded it. Seems a bit bitter from Barry like. I only listened to Football Weekly for the first time in years during the EUROs, not great.

Love the thoroughly accurate descriptor of Cox - big weirdo energy

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Ahh thought it would be something like that but didn't realize he had founded it. Seems a bit bitter from Barry like. I only listened to Football Weekly for the first time in years during the EUROs, not great.

Love the thoroughly accurate descriptor of Cox - big weirdo energy

Aye, I haven't listened to either of them in a long time and I was a regular listener to the Richardson-era Football Weekly so all this was kind of news to me.

Going by this Muddy Knees Media who produced all the Totally... pods (Macintosh was a co-founder) sold to The Athletic in June last year.

15 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Aye, I haven't listened to either of them in a long time and I was a regular listener to the Richardson-era Football Weekly so all this was kind of news to me.

Going by this Muddy Knees Media who produced all the Totally... pods (Macintosh was a co-founder) sold to The Athletic in June last year.

Aye I suppose leaving to form your own podcast and then selling it to another publication is a bit shitty. 

Probably just me that finds this interesting, and probably foregrounding my own listening habits, but I find the way football podcasts in the UK have gone kind of interesting. I assume they're all getting good listenerships still as they seem to still crank them out but the likes of the Football Ramble or the Big Interview are back to being things you'd have to look for to find, while it felt like 5-10 years ago you couldn't move for pieces about independent football podcasts. Maybe it's just the proliferation of podcasts more generally has accelerated in the past few years.

On 26/07/2021 at 17:48, Lyle Lanley said:

Anyone hear about McNulty coming back. 

Surely we can do better :lol: 

Hope not - but I hear that another player whos name starts with "Mc...." is getting a medical Friday.

nicole richie hair flip GIF

On 30/07/2021 at 12:46, Merkland Red said:

A bit on Doig here.

Doig now seems to be off for a rumoured fee of £4m+. Burnley, Watford and Leeds all mentioned.

Be interesting to see how we reinvest it. Definitely need a replacement left back, another centre half and a striker. 

2 hours ago, Zing. said:

Doig now seems to be off for a rumoured fee of £4m+

I know his girlfriends dad (who is also a massive Hibby, has done match sponsorship etc) - will get the full details once dust has settled.

He was away on hols with the family over summer down south at center parcs ( which is how he caught the covid as the whole lot of them got it🤣) and by all accounts is a lovely young guy, totally grounded.

He deserves everything he gets through football, a bit like SJM.

Hibs have done a fantastic bit of business here, one wonders if the people in charge at Riccarton are getting their arsed caned red raw by Mrs Dr Budge for not offering him a contract....................