On 02/07/2021 at 18:54, Austin McCann said:

So Hibs offer less than £200 000 for McCart but want more than  £4 000 000 for Josh Doig. Sounds fair. 

You lot can talk.

Mind when Harry Cochrane was worth millions and millions because he ran about hacking Hibs and Celtic players?

4 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Few papers have us in for Odoffin at Hamilton. Can play defensive midfield, right back and centre half. Wouldn’t mind him coming in but he’ll cost a fee. 

Did he not sign a new deal just before the end of the season? 

Not convinced he's nearly good enough on the ball for a team chasing 3rd and hoping to go far in Europe tbh.

Paying a 6 figure fee for him would be wild.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Did he not sign a new deal just before the end of the season? 

Aye he seems to have signed for an extra year in March so I’d guess our interest is relatively new. 

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not convinced he's nearly good enough on the ball for a team chasing 3rd and hoping to go far in Europe tbh.

Tbf we were told the same about Gogic and he did ok. Couple of Accies fans I’ve read on Twitter/here seem to rate him higher than Gogic too. 

Gogic 19/20 and Odoffin 20/21 comparison admin

11 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Gogic 19/20 and Odoffin 20/21 comparison admin

Hamilton.thumb.png.82e514c231329dcae0f31723dc0001c4.png

Gogic 19/20 v Odoffin 20/21

Possession figures are based on success of passing rather than amount, so shouldn't be massively affected by the club they play for.

Closest player to these two I can think of out of memory is Murray Davidson, who is similarly woeful in terms of on the ball stuff apart from goals.

As always, this shouldn't be really used to fairly judge players, as it misses context. Can see why Hibs would want a player like this, just unsure where you're ever fitting both in when you're going to be the dominant side most weeks, so spending a fee on Odoffin is a bit odd to me. I mean, Jack Ross/Hibs scouts would probably look at these bar charts and pish themselves laughing, but its just my take on it. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hamilton.thumb.png.82e514c231329dcae0f31723dc0001c4.png

Gogic 19/20 v Odoffin 20/21

Possession figures are based on success of passing rather than amount, so shouldn't be massively affected by the club they play for.

Closest player to these two I can think of out of memory is Murray Davidson, who is similarly woeful in terms of on the ball stuff apart from goals.

As always, this shouldn't be really used to fairly judge players, as it misses context. Can see why Hibs would want a player like this, just unsure where you're ever fitting both in when you're going to be the dominant side most weeks, so spending a fee on Odoffin is a bit odd to me. I mean, Jack Ross/Hibs scouts would probably look at these bar charts and pish themselves laughing, but its just my take on it. 

I kind of agree with you, I doubt Gogic and odoffin would play together. But I think they'll be licking their lips at the idea of someone who apparently can play the roles McGinn, Porteous and Gogic played last season to a good level in this league. All of them didn't have natural replacements if they were out 

9 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I kind of agree with you, I doubt Gogic and odoffin would play together. But I think they'll be licking their lips at the idea of someone who apparently can play the roles McGinn, Porteous and Gogic played last season to a good level in this league. All of them didn't have natural replacements if they were out 

Is he as good in the backline?

One for the Hamilton fans really, but my memory was he was a liability until he was plopped into midfield and allowed to charge about.

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is he as good in the backline?

One for the Hamilton fans really, but my memory was he was a liability until he was plopped into midfield and allowed to charge about.

I thought that was Gogic and Odoffin was more comfortable at the back but still better in midfield. Based on half remembering what I've read though and could be we're literally just signing the same guy again tbf. One for the Accies fans for sure 

4 hours ago, Frank Sobotka said:

Lol, 2000 fans and 26 quid a pop.

What a club.

As much as £26 is pricey for a friendly, I think we need to appreciate that football clubs have been starved of much needed income for a considerable period of time and are still being limited on the amount of fans that can attend.

It’s not ideal, but after being frozen out of football stadiums for more than a year then I’m sure there will be 2,000 folk willing to give the club £26 to see their team.

12 hours ago, AJF said:

As much as £26 is pricey for a friendly, I think we need to appreciate that football clubs have been starved of much needed income for a considerable period of time and are still being limited on the amount of fans that can attend.

It’s not ideal, but after being frozen out of football stadiums for more than a year then I’m sure there will be 2,000 folk willing to give the club £26 to see their team.

We also have 10,000 season ticket holders that have forked out in excess of £800 and got to 0 games for it, Motherwell gave fans a free season ticket, it’s pathetic, they don’t give a toss about us and they never have.

However like you say there’ll be 2000 idiots that’ll just fucking pay it anyway and they are the reason the club get away with it.