25 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Celtc want Nisbet and we are asking for £4m+ to let him go. Few other teams credited with an interest too. Wonder how many weeks this will drag on for? His agent will have the DR and Sun lined up and ready to go with their EXCLUSIVES on poor Kevin and his wish to leave Hibernian for his boyhood heroes. 

Is there still broken glass on the M8?

Edited by Leith Green

40 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Celtc want Nisbet and we are asking for £4m+ to let him go. Few other teams credited with an interest too. Wonder how many weeks this will drag on for? His agent will have the DR and Sun lined up and ready to go with their EXCLUSIVES on poor Kevin and his wish to leave Hibernian for his boyhood heroes. 

£4m seems far too much for Nisbet but Celtic are desperate. Surely they'll just move on to another target as they'll have a job on lowering that price down to one they'll pay?

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

£4m seems far too much for Nisbet but Celtic are desperate. Surely they'll just move on to another target as they'll have a job on lowering that price down to one they'll pay?

Giving Griffiths a new deal and trying their best to sign Nisbet. Clearly trying to weaken their competition for second place this year. 

1 minute ago, The Other Foot said:

Giving Griffiths a new deal and trying their best to sign Nisbet. Clearly trying to weaken their competition for second place this year. 

I'm maybe doing the lad a disservice. Form tailed off last season but that's maybe to do with taking the hump at not getting a move.

I'm all for Hibs rinsing Celtic (or anyone) for £4m btw. Just can't see Celtic paying that.

What was the script with Nisbet getting benched for a considerable period during the season? Was he out of form? Or did Ross not take kindly to him handing in a transfer request?

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm maybe doing the lad a disservice. Form tailed off last season but that's maybe to do with taking the hump at not getting a move.

I'm all for Hibs rinsing Celtic (or anyone) for £4m btw. Just can't see Celtic paying that.

Given Birmingham offered £3.2m in January getting £4m now isn’t too unrealistic given he’s broken into the Scotland squad and also scored. I actually do agree though, he’s not worth that kind of money. Went missing for us way too often last season. 

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

Given Birmingham offered £3.2m in January getting £4m now isn’t too unrealistic given he’s broken into the Scotland squad and also scored. I actually do agree though, he’s not worth that kind of money. Went missing for us way too often last season. 

Didn't realise you were offered as much as that! I thought we were offered similar deals for Nisbet and Cosgrove.

I'd imagine the only thing that might not work in your favour was Birmingham's desperation at the time.

On his Hibs form, I also agree that 4mil is a bit OTT. But I think you have to consider his his future potential too. Would he work well in a young, rebuilt Celtic team? Absolutely I think he would. He's got a good level of consistency, is quite a smart player and will only benefit from a move to a more demanding club...unlike Riordan, for example. 

39 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Didn't realise you were offered as much as that! I thought we were offered similar deals for Nisbet and Cosgrove.

I'd imagine the only thing that might not work in your favour was Birmingham's desperation at the time.

I also think the Birmingham deal was in all sorts of instalments etc which isn’t quite the same. Nisbet will definitely be away this window so hopefully we maximise what we can get and reinvest some of it.

Celtic were burned a bit with the John McGinn saga.

I wonder if the new regime at Parkhead will be a bit more savvy and not simply assume that Scottish clubs are desperate to accept any old shitey bid?

I would hope that he ultimately went down south - in a similar way that St J wouldnt want to sell Kerr and McCart to a rival, I wouldnt really want to see Nisbet playing for them either. He could quite probably get more cash down south as well.

I also think that players moving to other countries and experiencing different coaching / players is good for the national team.

Just now, Zing. said:

We’re bidding again. £220k and Drey Wright back to you on loan IMO. 

If Tommy Wright was still our manager I'd have a genuine fear that might happen.

11 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Celtic were burned a bit with the John McGinn saga.

I wonder if the new regime at Parkhead will be a bit more savvy and not simply assume that Scottish clubs are desperate to accept any old shitey bid?

I would hope that he ultimately went down south - in a similar way that St J wouldnt want to sell Kerr and McCart to a rival, I wouldnt really want to see Nisbet playing for them either. He could quite probably get more cash down south as well.

I also think that players moving to other countries and experiencing different coaching / players is good for the national team.

It's a weird one. It's well know Kerr is a die-hard Hibee. He'll have dreamt of playing for Hibs, but ambitions to play far above that.

A lot of OF fans have ambitions to play and finish their career at their team. It's a bit of a shame.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

It's a weird one. It's well know Kerr is a die-hard Hibee. He'll have dreamt of playing for Hibs, but ambitions to play far above that.

A lot of OF fans have ambitions to play and finish their career at their team. It's a bit of a shame.

I'd imagine Kerr will know he could fail down South and still get his move to Hibs tbh. Wouldn't be shocked to see him rock up at Hibs on a free in 3/4 years.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd imagine Kerr will know he could fail down South and still get his move to Hibs tbh. Wouldn't be shocked to see him rock up at Hibs on a free in 3/4 years.

Of course there's that. Look at your Kenny McLeans and Lewis Fergusons though. Everyone knows who they supported. When McLean was leaving you had anyone with a loose association to Rangers coming out and say that's the move he'll want. We're seeing it with Lewis Ferguson now. It's happened so often that everyone expects that to be the move these lads make when the obvious best choice for their career is going down south.

St Johnstone signing a defender yesterday and linked with another today so it does sound like some of the defenders will be off.

I would have thought Kerr would be the first to go.

4 minutes ago, d31 said:

St Johnstone signing a defender yesterday and linked with another today so it does sound like some of the defenders will be off.

I would have thought Kerr would be the first to go.

We had zero cover for CB last season, and we lost a LWB this Summer.

The 3 signings are us re-signing our back up RWB, getting a LWB back up to replace Tanser, then finally getting a CB back up.

Wouldn't read a huge amount into it.