2 hours ago, VanCityHibee said:

f**k me , Tanners got the log in details for the Hibs twitter account. 

Shan patter Hibs.

Likely to wind up / irritate / hook  daft **** and those idiot Celtic fans who think we're their wee cousins.  Mild trolling I reckon, and seems to be getting a wee bit of traction.  

7 hours ago, Durex Play said:

There’s quite a lot of Hibs gear being punted on that buy and sell page today.

Lots of shorts March worn and some new still with the tags on and a large number of what’s described as reserve shirts numbered up. In all sizes it must be said.

It’s a strange haul to have acquired I must say and the mind wonders how this stuff has found it’s way to it’s current location. Purchased in the end of season fire sales the club store has had in recent years and passing this stuff off as marchworn? A generous donation from the club just so someone can make a healthy profit? or something more sinister?

Something doesn’t add up.

Also to mention anyone thinking of buying there’s squads worth of shorts but some have been numbered up on the opposite leg to the others.

It’s worth mentioning to be cautious. This profile has been selling jerseys and one recently advertised as Scottish cup winning shirt signed by David Gray, only when questioned did the guy then say that it wasn’t match worn. It then led the Hibs Historical Trust to hastily release a communication via the clubs official website after some unhappy fans having been duped to be wary of buying anything and how to check its authenticity. I’ve added the link below.

If these are genuine then club could have sold these off for next to nix and put the proceeds towards the foundation or the NHS project they’ve been promoting this season.

Not looking to cause any agro but just giving people the heads up if they are thinking they could be getting a bit of match worn memorabilia.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hibernian-historical-trust-memorabilia

Think I know who you're on about mate. 

Yesterday was a good professional performance, in years gone by we would have no doubt lost that. This 3-5-2 formation really suits the majority of the team but I can't help but wonder where Kyle Magennis fits in?

So far he's played on the left of a midfield 4 and on Saturday played on the left of a central midfield 3. Jackson Irvine played on the right side of the three yesterday and pretty much ran the game, Magennis has some nice touches but ultimately created very little and failed to influence the game. Pretty much the story of his Hibs career so far. He had a good chance which he missed and had a poor miskicked clearance in our own box which almost gifted Stranraer a goal. 

I imagine his best position is no10 where he has a bit less defensive responsibilities and a bit of freedom to create in the final third but this formation doesn't accommodate that. A diamond formation might suit him but it limits the effectiveness of Boyle and Doig which are arguable our two best players at the minute.

I'm not writing him off as he has had injuries and there's definite potential there but a fair amount of coin was spent on him at a financially challenging  time for the club. Can't help but wonder if it would have been better suited being spent elsewhere. 

Just a wee note to say that's yet another Hampden appearance for Hibs on the cards.  Hopefully a better outcome than the last couple of times, but you've got to be in it to win it etc. etc.

Speaking of which, what time is the Hearts quarter on tomorrow?

On 19/04/2021 at 11:14, St. Jude said:

Yesterday was a good professional performance, in years gone by we would have no doubt lost that. This 3-5-2 formation really suits the majority of the team but I can't help but wonder where Kyle Magennis fits in?

So far he's played on the left of a midfield 4 and on Saturday played on the left of a central midfield 3. Jackson Irvine played on the right side of the three yesterday and pretty much ran the game, Magennis has some nice touches but ultimately created very little and failed to influence the game. Pretty much the story of his Hibs career so far. He had a good chance which he missed and had a poor miskicked clearance in our own box which almost gifted Stranraer a goal. 

I imagine his best position is no10 where he has a bit less defensive responsibilities and a bit of freedom to create in the final third but this formation doesn't accommodate that. A diamond formation might suit him but it limits the effectiveness of Boyle and Doig which are arguable our two best players at the minute.

I'm not writing him off as he has had injuries and there's definite potential there but a fair amount of coin was spent on him at a financially challenging  time for the club. Can't help but wonder if it would have been better suited being spent elsewhere. 

He was a pointless signing.

What does he offer that Stevie Mallan doesn't?

5 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

He was a pointless signing.

What does he offer that Stevie Mallan doesn't?

I suspect they thought he would be available to play a lot earlier than he was - so he passed the medical but was clearly nowhere near match fit.

As a result, we brought Irvine in on a short term deal - and he seems to bring a lot to the table (even a goal now !!).

Magennis best position seems to be central mid - so I am not really sure who he dislodges to gain a spot.

On the other hand, if everything goes according to plan, we will have european games to negotiate next season and our squad (as evidenced by yesterdays subs) needs bodies. 

If he is the answer, I am just not sure what the question is.

Pretty much the only difference between 3rd/4th place now is the prize money. If it came to it I’d be after us trying to rest a couple of players before the next cup game.

Hibs in the semi finals of both cups in the same season (with both OF sides out) is some opportunity. We fucked it in the league cup and this St Johnstone side have our number. I’m always pessimistic and this will be absolutely no different. 

58AD7B38-7EB5-4D83-A45A-2A952AF5D8B7.png.2cb65ec9f55bc14df11fcf6804267700.png