Jackson Irvine would be a brilliant signing for any team in This division outside the old firm , was hoping we’d have put an offer on the table for him but doesn’t appear to be happening , Imo would instantly become your best midfielder with maybe the exception of newell who’s looked good whenever I’ve seen him

4 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Of what I’ve seen already I’d rate Irvine over Newell, different types of player though.

Hopefully we do punt Hallberg if he comes in, or just punt him anyway.

If possible I would keep hallberg we are very light on cover in that area.

Irvine and Newell would, imo,complement each other as a first choice central midfield pair.

9 minutes ago, Green Day said:

and hes just done his groin by the looks of things

Aye funnily enough when you have a fairly immobile midfielder and ask him to dictate tempo and get into the final third regularly that'll happen. Hopefully not too bad an injury, him and Irvine sound like they would compliment each other perfectly.

I'm not a fan but Murphy showed what he can do in snatches there too, as did Mallan. I just dunno if either can do it at speed, which is the difference from watching Wright and Hedges for Aberdeen, they never seem ponderous (at least when I've seen them). Between those two and Magennis there's surely someone who can put a run of games together with Allan out? 

Also was good to see Gogic at the base of a diamond in the 2nd half there, he's a headless chicken but looks so much more comfortable when he's not 1 of a 2. New Bartley for me, specific role in the squad but don't want him starting most games.

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

17 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Jackson Irvine would be a fantastic signing. Thought he was older than 27 but he's at an absolute prime age.

Someone get on the phone to Derek.

Don't know what you're talking about, the guy we're apparently signing is Backson Girvan. Derek should defo look him up