Sometimes, nothing happens on P&B for days. Other times, you leave for a few hours and come back to find that the Chubby Baller's off the books, Porto's been called up, McNulty did the dirt on Hibs and 8GamesToGo may be Pet Jeden (which makes an awful lot of sense, considering both are slavering c*nts). What an age we live in. 

Real shame for Allan, that. Only 28; you hate to see it. Still, you don't take chances with heart defects, if indeed that is the issue.

Not saying Magennis is at Allan's level right now, but that would help to explain why you've been sniffing around there. For background, it was widely assumed Ross would come in for Magennis when Ross moved to the Mackems, but Magennis was on a long contract at the time (he's been signed up till 2021 for ages now) and, as Netflix showed us, Sundlund had no money, so I'm assuming it was a non-starter.

4 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Heard something to that affect a few days ago from a good source, didn’t want to share due to the nature of the rumour but sounds like there’s something in it, he was at Tannadice scouting on Saturday so he may be moving to some kind of backroom staff role.

Aye, me too.

Mare for the guy. I hope he has good insurance etc, as he is only 28 yo.

The stories are all over social media now, so hope Hibs/SA clarify the story today to stop the tittle tattle.

2 hours ago, Zing. said:

Assume we’ll get another midfielder and maybe one more going by what Ross was saying last week. 

Agreed - we needed at least one before the SA situation emerged.

and.......I posted this recently, but worth another look

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Allan was immense in this game. 

Ian Black got ripped to bits by him that game. Hooked after about half an hour because he was a guaranteed red card otherwise. Allan left him on his arse on the halfway line at one point I’m sure. 

Quiet in here recently so perfect time to ask for folks' favourite Hibs players of their lifetime. I've been attending since about 99 so a lot of great players in there. Riordan, Brown and Beuzelin were my favourites when I first started to actively enjoy going, ashamed to say I was a bit young to appreciate how good Latapy, Sauzee etc were when they were at Hibs.

I'm gonna go with a pretty vanilla choice in John McGinn. Probably the best all round midfielder we've had in at least the last decade, built a great relationship with the club and fans, and a cup winner. Hard to beat

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Quiet in here recently so perfect time to ask for folks' favourite Hibs players of their lifetime. I've been attending since about 99 so a lot of great players in there. Riordan, Brown and Beuzelin were my favourites when I first started to actively enjoy going, ashamed to say I was a bit young to appreciate how good Latapy, Sauzee etc were when they were at Hibs.

I'm gonna go with a pretty vanilla choice in John McGinn. Probably the best all round midfielder we've had in at least the last decade, built a great relationship with the club and fans, and a cup winner. Hard to beat

I started watching during roughly the same period as you. Derek Riordan was my favourite player for ages, his return from Celtc won’t be beaten in terms of a deadline day signing for us. He then came on against Hamilton after about half an hour completely overweight and unfit but still curled in a belter from the edge of the box. Sum boi.

I think I’d agree with you though. John McGinn is a legend. The amount of games he dragged us through, during the end of his spell at the club especially,  was unreal and when he left the difference in our midfield was ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Keith Wright. I liked Joe Tortolano too mainly because I enjoyed saying his name out loud.

ETA: suppose it would be more fun to elaborate on why. He scored in the 91(?) Skol Cup final when I went to the game wearing my new trainers which had lurid green laces and felt like the biggest Hibs fan on earth. He drank in the Figgate Whins which was my older brother's local so he was a superstar striker that I had a personal family connection to  in my daft wee laddie brain. He was also good pals with John Robertson which was always a good reminder jambos are human too.

KEITH...KEITH...KEITH...

Is the correct answer. 👍

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Jack Ross phoned Derek and asked permission to sign Magennis is what I heard.

We haven't signed him. Just done the medical so Derek can "swoop" later and sign him.

hth