Pleasing.

Obviously this increases our chances but I still wouldn’t be shocked if he goes in the next one or two windows. You’d think a Cummings style deal where he signs an extension with a reasonable release clause would be the obvious play for his agent.

The depressing scenario would have been him leaving for peanuts so at least that’s off the table for now. Tick tock eh.

Absolutely delighted.  When he is on song (which is more often than not these days) he is without a doubt our most dangerous player.  Aside from his contributions on the pitch, sounds like he is a really central figure in the dressing room and brilliant for morale.  He gets the club and is exactly the kind of player we should always aim to attract and keep.  Now he has security for the next 3 years, will be kept in the spotlight for his Australia caps (which will hopefully include Copa America and World Cup caps for him) and can be an integral part of our upward trajectory. 

Ron the Con really is fleecing us eh?

Boyle re-signing is akin to getting a new body in - hopefully it will help him kick on as maybe his mind was elsewhere against United and Saints as he was a wee bit rusty.  Such a great player and fit for Hibs.

That being said, I can't see how we can afford him what with all those redundancies Ron the Con ruthlessly executed.  Oh, wait.  

Just been reading a wee bit about Ferencvaros as part of a the ongoing laughter at Celtic.... In their Wiki it claims that they have an ongoing friendship with Hibernian Football Club Club, and fans meet up in March each year to play football and drink beer.

Any truth in this? Do any of you have Hungarian pen pals?

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Just been reading a wee bit about Ferencvaros as part of a the ongoing laughter at Celtic.... In their Wiki it claims that they have an ongoing friendship with Hibernian Football Club Club, and fans meet up in March each year to play football and drink beer.

I don't know anything about that, but it seems their fans gave Millwall a doing so we have that in common. Perhaps there's some sort of Erasmus-style hooligan exchange between the two sides? 

Now that Boyle's all signed up do we think there'll be any more signings coming in? I'd imagine that's a chunk of available wages gone but hopefully we can still get 1 or 2.

Think I've mentioned it before but the boy Irvine must be out of our price range these days, as otherwise he'd be exactly the type of player we need in that midfield. Not so much as a rumour since McCrorie but hopefully that was everyone focusing on Boyle.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Ferencvaros beat Hearts 1-0 at Murrayfield in 2004. The scorer that night was Denes Rosa who went on to have a stellar career with Hibernian (not). 

2 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Now that Boyle's all signed up do we think there'll be any more signings coming in? I'd imagine that's a chunk of available wages gone but hopefully we can still get 1 or 2.

Think I've mentioned it before but the boy Irvine must be out of our price range these days, as otherwise he'd be exactly the type of player we need in that midfield. Not so much as a rumour since McCrorie but hopefully that was everyone focusing on Boyle.

Probably another CB / DM type to cover both positions. Kind of need that in a year where the squad isn't going to be as big as normal. Need someone to cover Gogic, and with Jackson away there are only three CBs we would be happy with playing there in a four-man defence (Hanlon, Porteous, McGregor). And their injury records aren't brilliant.

I don't think they'll be looking at a striker as Mathie was talking up Ryan Shanley as a prospect in that podcast.

Any other midfielders would need one of the existing ones (Hallberg?) to go out.

Edited by JamesM82

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Presumably both the signing of Boyle's extension and the consequent reduction in money left means we might now be OK looking for someone a bit more untested & therefore cheaper at this level? Would taking that sort of gamble be preferable to e.g. getting someone in on a loan?

I have no problem with that, except if its from the team formerly known as Glasgow Rangers.

Wankers

4 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I don't either, just thought it was interesting we've only signed permanent deals so far in place of loans.

Aye, its possible that we have had enough of these 1 season wonders and have decided to build?

Certainly the signing of Boyle should place a rather large marker down - it would have been incredibly easy just to say "hes in the last year, lets cash in now"...............and there are a fair few Hibbies who thought that would happen.

Maybe Ron has quietly brought about this change?