3 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Hibs got Nisbet for about half the price we offered in January.

Aye, but he was also entering the final year of his deal, and Dunfermline needed the money to build a squad for this season.

McCann has 3 years on his deal still, should get capped when NI next play, and we have almost £3m in the bank going by the last accounts. All sounds from the club is they want him to break our transfer record (£1.8m).

Its not obvious to fans of other clubs who don't, understandably, pay any attention to St Johnstone business, but anyone expecting the younger players to be sold off on the cheap are miles out. The club has committed to developing these players over the past few years, and have culled the senior players to help pay for larger, extended, deals for the "kids". 

I take it hibs.net is your Kickback?

A few folk seem convinced you're signing Kerr on a "cut price deal" because we're "struggling financially due to not getting away crowds".

Its almost word for word what Hearts fans were claiming just weeks ago when trying to claim theyd made an offer for McCann, only difference is your fans have claimed its Kerr.

St Johnstone do not rely on away crowds.

Aye, but he was also entering the final year of his deal, and Dunfermline needed the money to build a squad for this season.
McCann has 3 years on his deal still, should get capped when NI next play, and we have almost £3m in the bank going by the last accounts. All sounds from the club is they want him to break our transfer record (£1.8m).
Its not obvious to fans of other clubs who don't, understandably, pay any attention to St Johnstone business, but anyone expecting the younger players to be sold off on the cheap are miles out. The club has committed to developing these players over the past few years, and have culled the senior players to help pay for larger, extended, deals for the "kids". 
If your accounts are like Hibs they would have been a snapshot on the date of the accounts. Hibs had 5m sitting in the bank on our accounts as of 2nd July 2019. It's pretty safe to assume we don't now.

I'm not saying St Johnstone are in trouble at all, but accounts a year out of date aren't going to be giving you an accurate picture.

I just read that Hibs.net thread and it’s hilarious. Apparently you’ll go for Kerr if you get big money for Porteous. Anyone wanting to spend big money on a Scottish centre back would be better served buying Kerr than a walking red card/knee injury like Porteous.

16 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

If your accounts are like Hibs they would have been a snapshot on the date of the accounts. Hibs had 5m sitting in the bank on our accounts as of 2nd July 2019. It's pretty safe to assume we don't now.

I'm not saying St Johnstone are in trouble at all, but accounts a year out of date aren't going to be giving you an accurate picture.

Our chairman mewled in January about us facing a loss because we sat so low in the table. He claimed we'd have to finish top six, and have a cup run, to break even.

We ended up finishing 6th and got a home tie against Celtic with a crowd over 8000.

I'd be stunned if our ~£3m in the bank had dropped enough we need to sell players on long contracts for fees in the low six figures. 

The Jason Kerr story came from some boy on twitter making up rumours. Ross McCrorie will likely cost us upwards of 300k, we aren’t going to go out and spend well over £500k on a player that can play the same position. 

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I take it hibs.net is your Kickback?

A few folk seem convinced you're signing Kerr on a "cut price deal" because we're "struggling financially due to not getting away crowds".

You seem to spend a lot of time on other teams forums.

FWIW I see two posts talking this way out of multiple thousand posters - many more on that thread stating that its not likely, and this is just twitter pish and not to be given any credence.

So, aye that makes it exactly like kickback.

13 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

'You think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light till I was already a man, by then, it was nothing to me but BLINDING'

IMG_20200813_182120.thumb.jpg.9cbf40ef36f29c71891650b5d79a80c7.jpg

Ahh Alfredo!  I was wondering what would break first.  Your spirit...or your body?

Screenshot 2020-08-14 at 08.06.46.png

Our chairman mewled in January about us facing a loss because we sat so low in the table. He claimed we'd have to finish top six, and have a cup run, to break even.
We ended up finishing 6th and got a home tie against Celtic with a crowd over 8000.
I'd be stunned if our ~£3m in the bank had dropped enough we need to sell players on long contracts for fees in the low six figures. 
Are you accounting for your club having no income for 6 months? Because that would seem relevant to every club in the country.

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

Are you accounting for your club having no income for 6 months? Because that would seem relevant to every club in the country.

Intrigued by your logic that one well run Scottish club will need to firesale assets at cut price because of this, while another is able to spend multiple six figure fees.

4 minutes ago, Hello Sailor said:

Agree. Wasn’t it then who broke the Adam Jackson leaving news 2 weeks before the club?

They knew about Lennon throwing a chair at David Gray that Adam Bogdan dived and tipped onto Thomas Agyepong and ruined his season before it even happened, I heard.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Intrigued by your logic that one well run Scottish club will need to firesale assets at cut price because of this, while another is able to spend multiple six figure fees.

That wasnt @Lebowski logic at all.

He was simply informing you that many top flight clubs - at the point of doing their accounts - have an unnaturally large amount of cash in the bank as a result of ST sales. 

For many clubs across the Premiership, this is a massive %age of their income, but it is then spent throughout the course of the year on salaries / fees etc (this is all normal for football clubs). 

I would be staggered if that £3m figure mentioned wasnt the absolute peak of cash at bank and had diminished significantly now (same as Hibs £5m will have).

The cream on the top of ST sales is - again as we all know - walk up income, both from home and away crowds..........one reason why some teams are desperate to be in the top 6 is a sold out match against one of the glasgow clubs.

St J and Hibs are no different to all other Premiership clubs in that they will be missing matchday ticket and hospitality income, however (and this isnt a crowwank) Hibs have many more STs than you and this has enabled us to buy players like Nisbet and bid on others.

Its not rocket science.

p.s. we still wont get Kerr, he will be far too expensive for us.

Edited by Green Day

5 hours ago, Zing. said:

The Jason Kerr story came from some boy on twitter making up rumours. Ross McCrorie will likely cost us upwards of 300k, we aren’t going to go out and spend well over £500k on a player that can play the same position. 

Especially when the one costing less does it much better.