38 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

I wonder if this frees up and extra bit of money for new players or the club had already banked on him leaving when we signed Nisbet. 

A young athletic striker, with an eye for goal, good build up play and keeps himself in great shape. I thought we had a multi million pound player on our hands during the loan spell.....

I think they knew this was coming and Nisbet was bought with the money. The wages maybe freed up some cash, I can imagine Flo was on a good wage after being in demand when we signed him. 

29 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’d have liked Kamberi to have joined us. Even though he may not be the exact required standard we need in the long term, he would’ve been ideal to bring in given the circumstances around Morelos and Defoe’s injury. 

That's the wrong way to go about trying to get Kamberi on your team.

He's super-narcissistic. I mean, he's been trained well enough to suppress it in post-match interviews and churn out a rote dead-eyed 'I don't care if it's me who scores, I'm just happy if the team wins' at the appropriate cue, but inside we all know he's seething if he's not man of the match, every match. He's the answer to the question 'Who spends the  most time in front of the bathroom mirror?' in informal player interviews. There's a reason why he's been the one Hibs player forever attempting all those useless tricksy wee stepovers and bad overhead kick goal attempts (sometimes to the tune of 'What the fucking hell is that?' from opposing fans) - he's playing towards his own showreel of fancy Kamberi moments. And you can bet your mortgage he's been reading up on Christian Ronaldo's skin- and haircare- regime in celebrity gossip magazines and is buying those very same brand name products.

I mean, his brand of narcissism blends well with the supremacist self-delusion of a large portion of the Rangers fanbase, so I can see why Rangers is his dream team. But you probably want to at least try flattering his ego if you want him to play for you. Effectively telling him he's a second-rate jobber who might get a game if the decent strikers are crocked kindof misses the point of why Kamberi fancies Rangers. He desperately wants to be some kind of star, so if you want him to play for you, you have to at least make some kind of promise he'll get his chance to be one.

Edited by Aim Here

Doubt many Hibs fans would have predicted he'd be released for a nominal fee two years after he signed in 2018. In other circumstances we could have played him till October and then punted him for a lot more than 120k. I was against player loan swaps with Sevco from the start and this outcome shows I was right.  

12 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

That's the wrong way to go about trying to get Kamberi on your team.

He's super-narcissistic. I mean, he's been trained well enough to suppress it in post-match interviews and churn out a rote dead-eyed 'I don't care if it's me who scores, I'm just happy if the team wins' at the appropriate cue, but inside we all know he's seething if he's not man of the match, every match. He's the answer to the question 'Who spends the  most time in front of the bathroom mirror?' in informal player interviews. There's a reason why he's been the one Hibs player forever attempting all those useless tricksy wee stepovers and bad overhead kick goal attempts (sometimes to the tune of 'What the fucking hell is that?' from opposing fans) - he's playing towards his own showreel of fancy Kamberi moments. And you can bet your mortgage he's been reading up on Christian Ronaldo's skin- and haircare- regime in celebrity gossip magazines and is buying those very same brand name products.

I mean, his brand of narcissism blends well with the supremacist self-delusion of a large portion of the Rangers fanbase, so I can see why Rangers is his dream team. But you probably want to at least try flattering his ego if you want him to play for you. Effectively telling him he's a second-rate jobber who might get a game if the decent strikers are crocked kindof misses the point of why Kamberi fancies Rangers. He desperately wants to be some kind of star, so if you want him to play for you, you have to at least make some kind of promise he'll get his chance to be one.

^^^ Jane Park alias

2 hours ago, AJF said:

I’d have liked Kamberi to have joined us. Even though he may not be the exact required standard we need in the long term, he would’ve been ideal to bring in given the circumstances around Morelos and Defoe’s injury. 

This is why it was a better move for Docherty than Kamberi.

I see wee deek's latest venture is going well. No social distancing,  drug taking, gang members, singing offensive songs about stendel. Will the boy ever learn??? 
Aye but less about Riordan, are the customers behaving?

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:
4 minutes ago, philpy said:
I see wee deek's latest venture is going well. No social distancing,  drug taking, gang members, singing offensive songs about stendel. Will the boy ever learn??? 

Aye but less about Riordan, are the customers behaving?

Don't think so m9

4 minutes ago, philpy said:

The one mitigation for Riordan is at least when he's singing 'Stendel is a Nazi', he presumably thinks being a Nazi is a bad thing. When that line comes out of the Hearts songbook, not so much...

On 05/08/2020 at 00:39, Bohemian said:

Tick Tock... 

More than a few zoomers from other mobs on here that lapped that 70 redundancies pish right up.  

Tick tock, Ron the Con, Easter Road Tesco Superstore etc etc.  Bollocks. 

It’s almost like having a summer long beamer led to wishful thinking from Hearts fans about our situation.

An option at both CB and DM seems like a good idea but I hope it’s a permanent. Taking players on loan from Rangers every window doesn’t sit well.

27 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

It’s almost like having a summer long beamer led to wishful thinking from Hearts fans about our situation.

An option at both CB and DM seems like a good idea but I hope it’s a permanent. Taking players on loan from Rangers every window doesn’t sit well.

Aye, not keen on loans generally unless it's an option to buy for an out of favour player or like in the Kamberi deal where all parties get something out of it. If it's permanent I'd be delighted though 

50 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

It looks like we are trying to get him on a permanent, would’ve thought he’d be way too expensive though.