9 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Is that not what every other club is doing? It just seems a slap in the face to anybody being made redundant.

I don’t have a clue what other clubs are doing. While I agree it doesn’t look the best for the club it’s the way business works. 

Football clubs shouldn’t be held to a different standard to a regular business. 

Not sure why you struggle to get this? In a previous life I had to make about 12 roles redundant while I knew that my role was also going at the end of the exercise. 
That didnt mean that the company I worked for at the time wasnt investing in other areas of the business.
As to your first sentence - get real - if you think that Hibs are the only club looking at the non playing side and considering a restructure then you are in dreamland.
If "every other club" keeps on its entire non-playing staffs over this period, I will post a picture on here with me in the colours of a Championship club of your choice.
We have approaching 10500 ST holders, increased HSL membership, and record shirt sales - thats why we can afford to buy players to replace those lost at the end of last season.
I know Hibs won't be the only team considering this hence why I said it poor of any team to do this. Redundancies happen but sacking coaches who would "be sitting doing nothing for 6 months" to sign players is shit, unless its convenient timing and the plan was to get rid of them for a while.

Your club threatened kids with legal action if they didnt agree to cut their wages in half m8.
Let that sink in for a moment before you continue down thir righteous path.
These kids with their wages cut in half to still considerably more than the average person makes in order to save people from losing their jobs.

1 minute ago, Empty It said:
12 minutes ago, Green Day said:
Not sure why you struggle to get this? In a previous life I had to make about 12 roles redundant while I knew that my role was also going at the end of the exercise. 
That didnt mean that the company I worked for at the time wasnt investing in other areas of the business.
As to your first sentence - get real - if you think that Hibs are the only club looking at the non playing side and considering a restructure then you are in dreamland.
If "every other club" keeps on its entire non-playing staffs over this period, I will post a picture on here with me in the colours of a Championship club of your choice.
We have approaching 10500 ST holders, increased HSL membership, and record shirt sales - thats why we can afford to buy players to replace those lost at the end of last season.

I know Hibs won't be the only team considering this hence why I said it poor of any team to do this. Redundancies happen but sacking coaches who would "be sitting doing nothing for 6 months" to sign players is shit, unless its convenient timing and the plan was to get rid of them for a while.

There is little point in even discussing this if you cant separate the potential redundancies of non playing staff with the signings of players..........after I have just explained this to you.

n.b. Be careful what you state though, Hearts are simply kicking this can down the road - lets see if you lower league diddies keep everyone on if the arbitration finds against you and you dont get the money to pay them next year. No doubt that will enable Budge to blame it on the SPFL and every other club.

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

These kids with their wages cut in half to still considerably more than the average person makes in order to save people from losing their jobs.

How does that make it right to threaten kids with court?

Hearts fans are genuinely mental. Their club tells a 16yo to accept his wages being cut or get himself a lawyer, and that's being portrayed as some moral victory for the club.

There is little point in even discussing this if you cant separate the potential redundancies of non playing staff with the signings of players..........after I have just explained this to you.
n.b. Be careful what you state though, Hearts are simply kicking this can down the road - lets see if you lower league diddies keep everyone on if the arbitration finds against you and you dont get the money to pay them next year. No doubt that will enable Budge to blame it on the SPFL and every other club.
And I'll criticise Hearts in the same light if that happens.

Hearts fans are genuinely mental. Their club tells a 16yo to accept his wages being cut or get himself a lawyer, and that's being portrayed as some moral victory for the club.
So you think it'd be a better route to sack quite a few people to keep someone on substantial wages?

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They were hailing her as some sort of visionary genius at the time as well.  More faces than Big Ben.  

Everyone, bar the uglies, will likely be making redundancies.  And, everyone will be making signings as a football club needs a standard of player to stay competitive, otherwise it it's just a club which would could have need for no staff at all.  

These phantoms are just raging as the only signing they've made is their has-been plukey lesbian keeper.  Nisbet chose Hibs over their soap opera.  Must smart that. 

37 minutes ago, Empty It said:

So you think it'd be a better route to sack quite a few people to keep someone on substantial wages?

Where have I said that? Both are shady as f**k IMO.

All I'm saying is that threatening 16yo kids with legal action if they don't cut their wages, while spending 6 figures on a manager and giving a 37yo keeper a massive wage, is horrendous morally, yet here you are defending it.

37 minutes ago, Empty It said:
40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do you think it is a better route to go into administration to keep quite a few people on substantial wages?  That was a whole 7 years ago so I'm sure your approach has changed. 

Let's see how the successful business woman gets on once the furlough scheme is fully shutdown.  

Where have I said that? Both are shady as f**k IMO.
All I'm saying is that threatening 16yo kids with legal action if they don't cut their wages, while spending 6 figures on a manager and giving a 37yo keeper a massive wage, is horrendous morally, yet here you are defending it.
I am defending people on substantial wages taking a wage cut so people can keep their job yes.

8 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I am defending people on substantial wages taking a wage cut 

How does that relate to Hearts threatening youth players with court action?

1 hour ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, Green Day said:

And I'll criticise Hearts in the same light if that happens.

Couple of points - the vast majority of the "catastrophic 70 at risk of redundancy" that the Sun and dipshit Hearts fans are chugging over are part time coaches etc who are on payroll but for whom its really a hobby.

And...............re the bit in bold, didnt Hearts bin their youth coaches in April?🤔

Couple of points - the vast majority of the "catastrophic 70 at risk of redundancy" that the Sun and dipshit Hearts fans are chugging over are part time coaches etc who are on payroll but for whom its really a hobby.
And...............re the bit in bold, didnt Hearts bin their youth coaches in April?[emoji848]
Don't recall Hearts sacking youth staff due to finances but I may be wrong.

Hearts fans: b*****ds! I hope every other SPFL club goes bankrupt and we send the whole corrupt mess to the dole queue!

Also Hearts fans: Oh my god! Hibs laid off their unused matchday staff and academy! Won't someone think of the youth team?

15 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Colin Nish lost his job as a youth coach. Nice to see Jambos sticking up for Nishy, isn't it?

Rie found....

Didn't there used to be a mental Colin Nish stalker on here?

ETA: Never mind. Always read the whole post before replying.

Edited by Mark Connolly