"Hearts made a stunning last minute swoop to beat Edinburgh rivals Hibs to the signing of Dunfermline striker Kevin Nisbet, Courier Sport can reveal.
The Pars had accepted a bid in the region of £250,000 for the former Raith Rovers man and the player had agreed personal terms.  Nisbet was undergoing his medical with the Easter Road side last night when news came through to him that Hearts had also made an offer that met the Pars’ valuation of the 23-year-old.

On top of that, they were trying to change Nisbet’s mind with the carrot of substantially bigger wages.

Robbie Neilson rates him highly, and twice tried to bring Dunfermline’s star man to Dundee United – in January and again this summer before he left for Tynecastle.

Even with deeper pockets, though, it was too late.

Nisbet’s mind was already made up – he wants to play in the Premiership and has bought into the vision outlined by Jack Ross and John Potter – and there will be no sensational U-turn.
With Nisbet passing his medical, the transfer should be announced by Hibs today.

Former St Johnstone winger Drey Wright will also sign, with a deal for Alex Gogic close as well."

That, my friends, is absolutely ****ing glorious.  Just when you think things couldn't get any more humiliating for Heart of Midlothian Football Club, they just proceed to throw petrol canisters onto the fire.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  (So good, this has been posted on two threads).  

Edited by AberdeenHibee

Think I've only seen him two or three times but Nisbet and Doidge seem like they'd be a right pain in the arse to play against. Wright's stats leave a lot to be desired but I reckon if we can get the ball anywhere near those two, they'll do hings.

2 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Anyone else think we're maybe looking at a 352 as plan A this season? 

Gogic, Newell, Allan, Nisbet and Doidge could be a lovely little midfield and attack. Wee bit of everything you want there. quitegood.png

Problem is you really need good wing backs for that system. We 100% need better than Stevenson in that position and if we assume Boyle is away, for Wright to be a decent replacement. 

Also slightly concerning to think about getting 120 odd league games out of our current centre backs vladchin.png Very promising start but the unfortunate reality is it's another season where a bit of an overhaul is needed.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

54 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Think I've only seen him two or three times but Nisbet and Doidge seem like they'd be a right pain in the arse to play against. Wright's stats leave a lot to be desired but I reckon if we can get the ball anywhere near those two, they'll do hings.

Gogic, Newell, Allan, Nisbet and Doidge could be a lovely little midfield and attack. Wee bit of everything you want there. quitegood.png

Problem is you really need good wing backs for that system. We 100% need better than Stevenson in that position and if we assume Boyle is away, for Wright to be a decent replacement. 

Also slightly concerning to think about getting 120 odd league games out of our current centre backs vladchin.png Very promising start but the unfortunate reality is it's another season where a bit of an overhaul is needed.

There is a left sided guy playing for the demoted team we might get for £50k? Hicky

2 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Still not sure why Hibs fans want them to sign Gogic. A midfielder who cannot pass the ball. Would take him back at Accies as that is his level but I don't think he is anywhere near good enough for Hibs.

Hibs are bottom 6 fodder, just like Accies.

2 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I think there's a good chance Newell plays LWB. As @JamesM82 pointed out he did pretty well there end of the season, and has the attributes for it. Easier to find a good central midfielder than a LWB anyway. I'm not confident that we'll keep Boyle but I don't think it's to be assumed yet. 

The centre backs is tricky. Only Porto and Jackson I'd be "happy" with, although neither have that carry the ball/passing ability you'd like in a back three. But unless we get rid of one of the others I don't see more coming in. Maybe there's a chance James and McGinn could go but not unless someone wants them and we can agree to let them go. Hanlon and McGregor are still just about fine as back ups as well. I think if you're expecting an overhaul you might be disappointed

2 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Another?

But I heard we were skint? Tick Tock says the thread on JKB??????????

Gogic surely. I don’t think it looks brilliant signing these players when we haven’t agreed a proper deal regarding the current squad but we can’t hang about forever. The sale of Kamberi should offset anything paid for Nisbet. 

3 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Gogic surely. I don’t think it looks brilliant signing these players when we haven’t agreed a proper deal regarding the current squad but we can’t hang about forever. The sale of Kamberi should offset anything paid for Nisbet. 

I take it things have been agreed that’s why signings are being announced. Who knows though. 

7 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I take it things have been agreed that’s why signings are being announced. Who knows though. 

I saw a journalist stirring it up on twitter earlier saying we are still trying to force players into cuts. As you say, who really knows. Doubt they’ll even announce anything about it officially.