1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

The Sun claiming you are set to make up to 70 redundancies.  I assume that's a typical Sun comment and most of them will be part time/casual employees?

Hibs have 111 employees as of the last companies house filing.

22 first-team players and 11 first-team coaching staff makes 33

111-70 is 41.

That leaves a back office staff of 8 for ticket office, admin, stadium announcer, stewarding, hospitality and so on. I'd be surprised...

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

Hibs have 111 employees as of the last companies house filing.

22 first-team players and 11 first-team coaching staff makes 33

111-70 is 41.

That leaves a back office staff of 8 for ticket office, admin, stadium announcer, stewarding, hospitality and so on. I'd be surprised...

Yep, I have a mate who is there in a part time in a coaching / talent dev role..................but he actually has a day job.

I suspect that there are a large number of people like him who will be "at risk" and be laid off until things improve again next year.

But - yes - your numbers (and my mates exp) would suggest that the Sun story is embellished.

Absolutely delighted with these signings.  Hibs showing ambition and rewarding the punters who dug deep for their season tickets during what were very uncertain times.  

And the fact Hearts tried gazump us for Nisbet is just the icing on the cake.  Get it wrapped roond ye.

The Sun claiming you are set to make up to 70 redundancies.  I assume that's a typical Sun comment and most of them will be part time/casual employees?

Aye. Seen a boy who was running hospitality saying him and all his team had been made redundant. Others likely will be other matchday staff.

But, I'd not be surprised if they had cut everything else to the bone.

I'd also be surprised if every other club hadn't at least been looking at ditching their matchday staff at the moment.

From a Pars perspective, I'm obviously sorry to see Nisbet leave, but it was inevitable that it was going to happen.

His game improved as last season went on and it's not just the goals - and all types that he was scoring - but, for me,  it's his movement and link-up play that was just as impressive.

As Grant mentioned further in the thread, he may need a wee bit of time to settle in to playing in the Premiership, which is natural, but I really believe he'll do well for Hibs. Give him the service and the lad will put the ball in the net. I hope his game will continue to improve there, and I'm sure it will.

Fingers crossed he can keep progressing and potentially put himself in a position where he's being spoken about for the national side in the future. Good luck to him, and to Hibs (especially because of John Potter, top guy) for the season ahead.

Feels a bit weird to see since it was more or less unanimous that releasing him from us was the right call at the time, but dropping down the leagues after that looks like it gave him a boot up the arse that was sorely needed.

If I had to fire out a lazy shoot-from-the-hip comparison for the future of his career trajectory it'd be along the lines of a (maybe slightly less bammy) Next Leigh Griffiths, which is no bad thing tbf. Certainly got that natural born finisher quality about him.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Anyone else think we're maybe looking at a 352 as plan A this season? Two strikers who'll want to start all the time, a midfield where none of the players work as a central 2 (especially if Gogic signs), players converted to wing backs who've looked more than comfy there before (Boyle, Wright, Stevenson, Newall) and numbers if not necessarily quality at centre half

3 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Anyone else think we're maybe looking at a 352 as plan A this season? Two strikers who'll want to start all the time, a midfield where none of the players work as a central 2 (especially if Gogic signs), players converted to wing backs who've looked more than comfy there before (Boyle, Wright, Stevenson, Newall) and numbers if not necessarily quality at centre half

This is exactly what I think we’ll go with. As you say it makes sense with the squad we’ve built. 

3 minutes ago, Zing. said:

This is exactly what I think we’ll go with. As you say it makes sense with the squad we’ve built. 

Aye I don't think it's the only formation we'll play, but it means that if Gogic is over the line then any other signing is a bonus as we have a squad suited to that system and competent in a couple more

3 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Hopefully he can develop an end product.

The key thing is whether you believe that can be coached, or whether a player either has it or doesn't. All the tools are there but at the moment he tries to wire a plug with a hammer. 

For all Tommy Wright was a good manager, we didn't have someone on the coaching staff to offer direct experience to attacking players like Wright. 

Edited by Radford

The Sun are failing to distinguish between the British Pound and the Green Pound, and it is the latter which has lured young Kevin Nisbet to Easter Road. Once it comes calling, there are very few in the game who can resist it.

17 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Dont want to put a dampner on things because I'm delighted with those signings and if we get Gogic in, brilliant...But we could use a few defenders in...

Still not sure why Hibs fans want them to sign Gogic. A midfielder who cannot pass the ball. Would take him back at Accies as that is his level but I don't think he is anywhere near good enough for Hibs.

13 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Dont want to put a dampner on things because I'm delighted with those signings and if we get Gogic in, brilliant...But we could use a few defenders in...

You think? If money is an issue then it's hard to justify spending there.

3 Rbs - Gray, McGinn, James

4 CBs Porteous Jackson Hanlon McGregor - McGinn, Gogic cover (can see Gray, if he plays this season, mainly being as one of a back three)

2 lbs - Stevenson, Mackie

Unless people go out I don't think those numbers are getting seriously supplemented. Maybe Naismith if there's a deal that works for everyone, or a new CB plucked from obscurity? I think the biggest single issue has been a lack of midfield solidity, and Gogic should mitigate that (presuming he signs). As a couple of us were saying above seems pretty likely we'll be looking at 3 CBs and wing backs for much of the season anyway  so strength in numbers should make us alright at the back and they'll have plenty of cover

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

You think? If money is an issue then it's hard to justify spending there.

3 Rbs - Gray, McGinn, James

4 CBs Porteous Jackson Hanlon McGregor - McGinn, Gogic cover (can see Gray, if he plays this season, mainly being as one of a back three)

2 lbs - Stevenson, Mackie

Unless people go out I don't think those numbers are getting seriously supplemented. Maybe Naismith if there's a deal that works for everyone, or a new CB plucked from obscurity? I think the biggest single issue has been a lack of midfield solidity, and Gogic should mitigate that (presuming he signs). As a couple of us were saying above seems pretty likely we'll be looking at 3 CBs and wing backs for much of the season anyway  so strength in numbers should make us alright at the back and they'll have plenty of cover

I think Josh Doig is more likely to get a chance at left back than Mackie.