6 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Good news, different to the wingers we have now, been decent to very good for a rival, bit of a chunk for a winger. More than happy with that

I'd say he's pretty similar to Boyle in terms of style. Not as quick, but just as likely to go past a man and his work rate is excellent. He's technically a very, very good player who is pretty versatile, but work rate alone doesn't make a player.

3 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Hopefully he can develop an end product.

And here in lies the issue. 1 goal and 1 assist in 45 league games for saints just wasn't worth the money he was on/wanting. Whilst he's a great player, he's 24 with a history of serious injuries (3 cruciates already) for a club like saints it wasn't worth it. We've got defenders with better stats. He's a brilliant player to watch and one who'll get you off your seat by nutmegging a couple of players and going by a fullback; however if I was playing against him I simply wouldn't be worried the moment he gets to within 25 yards of the goal, I'm just not sure he's got it in him to be clinical. Compare him with Matty Kennedy who we also lost and they're worlds apart, combine them and they'd be a hell of a player. 

I wish him well, but ultimately in terms of output he just isn't a loss to saints. Maybe he can be an asset to hibs though. 

5 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

Nisbet is a quality player and apparently Hearts matched your fee and offered better wages but he turned them down to play in the Prem. Shows that hungry attitude that I honestly think will take him to the top and see him leading the line for Scotland. He also had the chance to chuck the toys out the pram when he wanted to move in Jan when it fell through but he kept his head and still bagged a few. Great player and I feel a good move for all parties. 

Also John Potter is a hero.

I can't understand why Hearts would be looking to spend that money on him tbh, except to stop someone else having him/just because he's available. They've already got Boyce and Naismith (who let's not forget were touted as "the best strike force outside the Old Firm") as well as Uche, Washington and Wighton who are all a bit pish but they'd do a job in the Championship surely.

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I can't understand why Hearts would be looking to spend that money on him tbh, except to stop someone else having him/just because he's available. They've already got Boyce and Naismith (who let's not forget were touted as "the best strike force outside the Old Firm") as well as Uche, Washington and Wighton who are all a bit pish but they'd do a job in the Championship surely.

Neilson has been chasing him since Christmas. United have had 2 bids rejected one in January and one just before he left for Hearts. Think he viewed him as Shankland's replacement.

I like Drey Wright even if his stats are dreadful. Ok, I know that he does not score goals or get many crosses in and that for a winger is admittedly poor..But he does have other qualities, he is extremely skillful and a very hard worker who tracks back to support his fullback...He can also play as a wing back and links well, we always looked a better team with him in it. But on balance, I think that (although great to watch)  we can probably get someone who is as effective for a fraction of the cost.

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

The only thing I'd warn off about is that it took him a few weeks to bed in when he moved up a level, his fitness had to catch up from smashing part time jobbers every week, from being "ITK" thoughn he grafted and really improved his physique, going by his Instagram he's been busy over lockdown, seems his relative is a personal trainer and it seems like he's stepped it up again. 

Having John Potter at the club probably made it easier for the clubs to deal with each other I'd imagine, absolute shagger. 

Problem Hibs have got, is the list of players they’ve signed from us/played for us does not read well. Liam Craig, Rowan Vine, Danny Swanson.....

It’s almost as if players are cursed when they leave us, in the same way Inverness seem to think the same thing of their guys. Either way I won’t clog up the Hibs thread any more, he’s great fun to watch for sure and some of his flicks and tricks are outrageous. If he sorts out the end product then he’s worth a lot of money, if not then he’ll probably slink back off down to England at the end of his deal.

That's a fantastic bit of business Hibs have done getting Nisbet. I have every faith he will smash the Premiership as he looked a class above in the Championship whilst  playing with an average, at best, Pars team. Probably the best striker we've had since Stevie Crawford.

Glad it's Hibs he's went to and not Hearts tbh. Didn't fancy seeing him smashing goals in against us at Tynecastle this coming season. 

And according to http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2020/07/10/hearts-made-sensational-late-bid-to-tempt-hibs-new-boys-kevin-nisbet-and-drey-wright-to-tynecastle/

Edinburghs diddy club tried......................and FAILED..............to lure both Wright and Nisbet to Tynecastle.

image.png.39d2f77a5a7758ef5c5c90179876497a.png.7f231ef7e563a60ed626eb4fc1240759.pngimage.png.1fbebf530af8109c60b9d065cbfabfd8.pngimage.png.38d57c1305df9c3c511bf6920734cbe9.pngimage.png.7dc013e696db71976f0707e32d549f6d.pngimage.png.1d4e42ffb619e6c147680fbee73ec8a3.pngimage.png.c6433be8f6cd173a12ae79d1f43747a6.pngimage.png.56eb355c12cbc33c5fd7857b5d3bf4c7.png18756368_Screenshot2020-07-07at20_27_56.png.548d018d0958c605c9dfdd902aee76a3.png