Really interested to see how Gogic does. As good as he was last season, it felt like he was tailor-made for a battling bottom six team. There's also the fact that he's only really had one good season in senior football. Hope he does well though.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

Better than Shankland?

Nisbet played in a much poorer side than Shanklands and didn’t come up too far short of Shankland’s total for goals in the Championship.  He’s also younger than Shanklands and unlike Shanklands he’s never had a chance of playing for a big team.

IMO now that he is at a big club Nisbet will quickly become a better player than Shanklands.

If it is the £250k being talked about you have got yourself the bargain of the season.  I know plenty of United fans that still maintain they will get £2-3 million when they sell Shanklands! 

35 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I must admit I’ve never actually seen him play but still seems like an exciting signing if it happens. Good to give the fans something to be happy about after backing the club financially the last couple months. 

He played twice against Hibs for Thistle at Easter Road, both as a sub. Came on pretty early in your first game back up when you beat us 3-1 iirc.

He was mince for PT in the top flight, but was young then and dropping down to League One instead of making ineffective sub appearances in the Premiership did wonders for his development. He was accomplished at Championship level last season and I’d guess will comfortably step up again. Should be a good signing for you lot.

18 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Nisbet played in a much poorer side than Shanklands and didn’t come up too far short of Shankland’s total for goals in the Championship.  He’s also younger than Shanklands and unlike Shanklands he’s never had a chance of playing for a big team.

IMO now that he is at a big club Nisbet will quickly become a better player than Shanklands.

If it is the £250k being talked about you have got yourself the bargain of the season.  I know plenty of United fans that still maintain they will get £2-3 million when they sell Shanklands! 

Who is Shanklands?

20 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

He was mince for PT in the top flight

I'm fairly sure he used to get ridiculed by your fans on here. 

Only reason I remember is I'm sure some your fans claimed theyd turned around and headed home after it was announced he starting up front against us at McDiarmid, he then went on to rag doll our defence as you cruised to victory.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Really interested to see how Gogic does. As good as he was last season, it felt like he was tailor-made for a battling bottom six team. There's also the fact that he's only really had one good season in senior football. Hope he does well though.

Tbh I think there's a shortage of out and out holding midfielders in the league just now, and it's been a position we were crying out for last season. That being said I liked the very little I managed to see of him last year. Add in the fact he's a decent centre half and it's a no brainier for Hibs. More of a guy to fit a role than a guy to build the team around

23 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Shankland’s cousin? 😜

* I only made 5 mistakes with his name in 3 short paragraphs.  How did you notice them?

I'm a bit of a pedant.

Signing the more defensive Gogic will rule out a return move for Docherty I assume.

Waiting for the bad news on Boyler, I see Drey Wright as a Sproule for Alan O'Brien type cluster eff switch. If Ross sees something in him then fair enough. 

Edited by Snifter Pee Rot

Nisbet is an exciting signing for sure.  Feels a bit like when we signed John McGinn. 

If we get Nisbet, Gogic and Wright, our attack and midfield is sorted for next season and we will finally look balanced on those fronts.  We desperately need a nasty midfield brute and a foil for Doidge.  Our defence is in need of a quality CB and a new LB to challenge Lewy, but it's not a total shipwreck as things stand at least and I am sure we could make do if we had to.