How many positions do we have a good enough starting player, who is likely to be there next season?

Shocking last night but I generally think Jackson is decent. You could put him and Porteous down for one place. Boyle, Newell and Doidge have done well too. Although Boyle going wouldn't be a surprise. At the very least Allan needs a threat to his place to give him a boot up the arse, so I'm not counting that as a settled position.

With plenty of loan/out of contract backup players as well, we easily need 10+ signings QzWmbTZ.png 

Felt bad for the Hibs fans trudging out the stadium last night with that look of resignation on their faces.

The look that says “we know we might beat them on occasion and sometimes finish above them but deep down inside we will always be the smallest club in this fixture”.

2 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

How many positions do we have a good enough starting player, who is likely to be there next season?

Shocking last night but I generally think Jackson is decent. You could put him and Porteous down for one place. Boyle, Newell and Doidge have done well too. Although Boyle going wouldn't be a surprise. At the very least Allan needs a threat to his place to give him a boot up the arse, so I'm not counting that as a settled position.

With plenty of loan/out of contract backup players as well, we easily need 10+ signings QzWmbTZ.png 

Summer rebuild is surely going to be massive (again). We need a whole new left side to the team, Hanlon and Stevenson are done and Horgan just isn’t consistently good enough.

Defensively I don’t think we’ve been this bad for a long time. Chucking goals in every single game. 

53 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Summer rebuild is surely going to be massive (again). We need a whole new left side to the team, Hanlon and Stevenson are done and Horgan just isn’t consistently good enough.

Defensively I don’t think we’ve been this bad for a long time. Chucking goals in every single game. 

Just on the defense, I think Gray could come back in. I don't think the guy is finished, just unlucky injury. Stevenson and Hanlon need emptied. It's like watching Hunter and Willie Miller in the late Miller era.  On the team in general, bring back Hallberg alongside Docherty. Dunno why he was dropped, had one poor half and never seen again.  Up top I'd give Gullan a run also. McNulty is an empty jersey. Okay doing it vs some amateurs but what else has he done? Horgan is a decent impact player so I'd keep him for the last 20 mins. Defo not empty him yet.  

4 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Just on the defense, I think Gray could come back in. I don't think the guy is finished, just unlucky injury.

I don't know what would be the point. Gray is our third-best right-back right now and hasn't looked good at all this season. I mean, he's on a long contract and Naismith is crocked so we might as well keep him around as injury cover, ironic as that seems, but I'd far rather see Naismith or Paul McGinn on the pitch these days. McGinn was the least worst part of our back four last night.

Edited by Aim Here

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I don't know what would be the point. Gray is our third-best right-back right now and hasn't looked good at all this season. I mean, he's on a long contract and Naismith is crocked so we might as well keep him around as injury cover, ironic as that seems, but I'd far rather see Naismith or Paul McGinn on the pitch these days.

Naismith looks a huddy to me, not sure what you're seeing in him to rate him above SDG.  I like McGinn, more reliable than Naismith, but not as dynamic attacking wise as SDG. If we can get SDG back to full fitness he's still my number one right back. 

22 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Naismith looks a huddy to me, not sure what you're seeing in him to rate him above SDG.  I like McGinn, more reliable than Naismith, but not as dynamic attacking wise as SDG. If we can get SDG back to full fitness he's still my number one right back. 

Problem is you’ll never see him back at full fitness anymore

24 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I love Sir David more than my own children, but he's pretty much done.

We need a whole new back 4.

I quite like Jackson and McGinn. The problem is the balance of the whole team, the midfield needs more bite and structure to help the defence. The defence are pish but they are hung out to dry every week with no help from midfield. 

39 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

£440 quid for a season ticket in the East next season apparently. A whopping twenty pounds off for the early birds.

The alternative (some may say less pant wetting?) way to look at it might be "you can get an adult season ticket in the East for £365 next season".................................

1082833812_Screenshot2020-03-09at20_51_49.png.d6bb3b9f072c5b98552637148d23f445.png

1087802023_Screenshot2020-03-09at20_52_17.png.723de2501f3f7a9d3919b6069e033dc5.png

On 19/03/2020 at 17:46, @footballCFB said:

Marvin Bartley covering Stubbs, Lennon, and his time at Hibs. https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-marvin-bartley-speaks-stubbs-v-lennon-sunshine-leith-and-pride-playing-club-2503768

42 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/millwall-forward-reacts-to-scoring-virtual-hat-trick-in-hibernian-tie/amp/

Sack the fuckin board.. this is a disgrace.. Ross out Ross out... 

As Millwall also have a notorious one (which you go underneath) that should be called "The Bridge of Doom Derby"... 

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10600

Wouldnt be surprised to see us announce wage deferrals or such like next week. Something is definitely happening by the sounds of this.

Or he could well mean that the funding set aside for stadium improvements etc is going to be used to pay wages. If that means no big screen then I’ll no be back. Ronald Gordon out, imo.

• 2 weeks later...