That post by SaulGoodman on the Hibs.net private members forum, several hours before anything was even suspected is the best thing I've ever seen on there:

I’m not wanting to be a creepy guy here but looking at the photo he is on a Ryanair plane flying over the Swiss alps. A Ryanair plane took off from Milan at 6am our time and landed at Edinburgh at 8.10 am..

According to Instagram he added the photo to his story approximately 5 hours ago, now assuming he took the photo and added it to his story while in the air it would not actually upload until the plane had landed and he received 4g signal. 

Now if the plane landed at about 8am that is... 5 hours ago......

Therefore with my detective hat on I can 100% confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt that Omeonga was on a plane from Milan to Edinburgh today.

EDIT: To add further you can see the reflection of the sun in the wingtip of the plane, the sun is rising on the opposite side of the plane to him, ergo the plane is flying north over the Swiss alps and not south.

1677901307_Screenshot2020-01-18at09_02_44.thumb.png.c4320bdc96a2c5cd15b51acc4eb470e9.png

Edited by Austinho

2 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Mate reckons he seen Omeonga in the airport this morning. He's no exactly the defensive midfielder I'd want but good signing if he ends up with us.

I tend to think of him as almost a defensive mid in an advanced position, what with all that tenacious hounding of the other team and getting the damn ball back that he does. Even if we don't get a proper defensive mid in, he'll make life easier for whoever's there.

5 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Omeonga is a smashing player and will do very well for yous. Not quite the defensive mid that you need right enough, and with Allan and Mallan in the squad is there room for another creative mid? Still, good player and he seems like a smashing lad.

I think he’s been signed because Mallan is out for the next two months. Hopefully still going to sign a defensive midfielder.

Omeonga isn’t very good going forward but he’ll work hard, win the ball back and move it on which has been badly missing from our midfield for ages. Paul Heckingbottom played him behind the striker when he was here before and it just wasn’t his game. 

5 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Omeonga is a smashing player and will do very well for yous. Not quite the defensive mid that you need right enough, and with Allan and Mallan in the squad is there room for another creative mid? Still, good player and he seems like a smashing lad.

Mallan has Just had a knee op so out for a couple of months so Omeonga is probably his replacement.

Also, he is a cultured guy off the pitch - likes classical music, plays piano and speaks a foreign language. He is probably known as "Prof" in the Hibs dressing room.

It would be nice to think we were also going after a proper DM as well.

@Snifter Pee Rot - mate, I am seriously worried about your footballing knowledge if you (genuinely) dont rate what Omeonga and McNulty brought to Hibs for that period they were here......totally lifted the mood on the squad and both contributed really well on the pitch.

12 minutes ago, Green Day said:

When you watch the interview, it seems he is definitely in as cover for Mallan (as Mathie called him just the other day). Still room for at least a DM in that team.

https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/6329

I see Mallan as cover for Allan. Is mince as a dm or wide.  

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

@Snifter Pee Rot - mate, I am seriously worried about your footballing knowledge if you (genuinely) dont rate what Omeonga and McNulty brought to Hibs for that period they were here......totally lifted the mood on the squad and both contributed really well on the pitch.

EOgYqovXsAAstjp.thumb.jpeg.033cb1a8e6b6ea34f67e348df7cdd38b.jpeg

Hows it taken you until now to doubt his football knowledge?!