1 minute ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Sounds like great news on the face of it and can understand the excitement but the clamour for Shankland i dont get.

is just me punting the Shankland boy. I reckon we'll get McNulty back which I'm less fussed about, probably on loan again.  

Just now, AndyM said:

Hibs would never go down that route, Merkland.  The approach of every penny being a prisoner has served us well for nigh on 30 years. The basic ethos of the club is the same as Aberdeen's. Identify and develop your own or buy young talent and look to sell  on. Any transfer fees will be undisclosed and moderate in scale. The new owndership may give us a bit more flexibility in the market but nothing is gonna change rapidly. Financially we'll still be as tight as two coats of paint.

That's how it should be.

For most of the years where we finished second we likely had the biggest footballing budget outside of Celtic. We could have spent outwith our means like we did in the 90s but where would that have got us, realistically? Second. We may have pushed Celtic further back in 15-16 but losing our keeper and the form of Griffiths is what ultimately cost us. I'm glad we didn't go down the new Rangers route of throwing daft money at something you're not likely to win in the near future.

39 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Suggestions that it’s anywhere between £1m and £15m to be invested in the squad :lol: 

If we don’t win the champions league within the next 5 years I’ll be disappointed. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Some Hibs fans letting the side down here. With big money comes big responsibility. Fucking Lawreence Shankland.... Utterly smalltime talk.

Get a 2.5m bid launched for Morelos.

I bet they'd take the new American boy's fingers off for 2.5m

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Some Hibs fans letting the side down here. With big money comes big responsibility. Fucking Lawreence Shankland.... Utterly smalltime talk.

Get a 2.5m bid launched for Morelos.

Just one guy who is a known slaver, don’t group us in with him. There’s a reason Dundee fucking United are looking Shankland.

2 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Just one guy who is a known slaver, don’t group us in with him. There’s a reason Dundee fucking United are looking Shankland.

Hes genuinely Yogi Hughes, utterly convinced of that.

Kamberi at left mid, and preferring Shankland (who scored 2 goals in about 6 months in the second tier) to McNulty just emphasise that.

Shankland must be a guid honest laddie.

Just now, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Because they've got a brand-new American owner in who has made a bunch of money and has decided to have some early retirement fun by buying a Scottish football team and splurging money on ill-advised signings?

That can't happen here, surely.

2 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Turning your face up at Lawrence Shankland, a guy who scored 61 goals in 50 games for Ayr and who would cost nothing, is laughable behaviour.

We can now and afford better players than Shankland. 

Turning your face up at Lawrence Shankland, a guy who scored 61 goals in 50 games for Ayr and who would cost nothing, is laughable behaviour.
I wouldn't be against signing him fwiw. The thought that someone who's done well in the 2nd and 3rd tiers of Scottish football will have Hibs selling thousands of additional season tickets is the bit I had an issue with.

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley said:

We can now and afford better players than Shankland. 

By all means continue to splurge money on dross from across Europe. Having watched Shankland for 2 years now, I can assure you that it would be your loss.