Don't think you'll be in for McNulty or Shankland after paying a decent fee for Doidge. This deal won't have came out of nowhere.
It will be interesting to see how Hibs kick on from here. How our club has been run is night and day in difference from before we had our debt cleared.
Don't think we'll sign any strikers unless Kamberi is punted or Shaw goes out on loan. Pretty sure we'll have paid fees for everyone we're going to prior to the deal going through to stop the fees rocketing.

Some of this initial investment will be going towards improving East Mains. We might see an increase in the playing budget, but I don't think it will be anything game changing tbh, given that the reported total investment is less than what Celtic have just splashed out on a centre back.

The biggest thing is that we are now completely debt free and own all our assets. We're arguably in the strongest off field position we've ever been in. We now have to make sure we transfer this advantage on to the pitch in the coming years.

Of course, we may just be in for a rollercoaster, box office couple of years before administration hits ....

Just now, Lebowski said:
10 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:
Don't think you'll be in for McNulty or Shankland after paying a decent fee for Doidge. This deal won't have came out of nowhere.
It will be interesting to see how Hibs kick on from here. How our club has been run is night and day in difference from before we had our debt cleared.

Don't think we'll sign any strikers unless Kamberi is punted or Shaw goes out on loan. Pretty sure we'll have paid fees for everyone we're going to prior to the deal going through to stop the fees rocketing.

Would be the smart way to do it. Even have the deal agreed in principle etc.

I think you'll adopt the every penny is a prisoner approach that ourselves and Celtic have adopted. Don't think you'll go down the Rangers, Dundee and Hearts route.

Just now, Lebowski said:
10 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I would defo get in Shankland. A front two of Doidge and Shankland sounds good to me, as said Kamberi isn't really a striker and Shaw is a back up.  

I would defo get in Shankland. A front two of Doidge and Shankland sounds good to me, as said Kamberi isn't really a striker and Shaw is a back up.  
Kamberi with some service is absolutely fine as a striker. We won't be playing two up front very much at all imo as Horgan, Boyle and Allan are all going to play, having 4 strikers is just going to leave one of them barely playing.

2 minutes ago, Lebowski said:
4 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Kamberi with some service is absolutely fine as a striker. We won't be playing two up front very much at all imo as Horgan, Boyle and Allan are all going to play, having 4 strikers is just going to leave one of them barely playing.

We only have 23 in our squad (compare that to Sevco's 37). I want to see us do better than 5th. We need a flexible system, 451 at home vs bottom six sides doesn't make sense. Btw, a signing like Shankland would shift up over 13k season books. 

We only have 23 in our squad (compare that to Sevco's 37). I want to see us do better than 5th. We need a flexible system, 451 at home vs bottom six sides doesn't make sense. Btw, a signing like Shankland would shift up over 13k season books. 
Would it f**k [emoji23] "we've signed a player from Ayr, here's a thousand new season tickets sold".

The only single player we could remotely sign that would shift a significant number of STs beyond what we'd sell anyway is Griffiths.

From a club stability perspective this is very good news for Hibs fans, remains to be seen if there will be a lot of money invested in players.  Your new owner is certainly doing the smart thing by clearing debts and buying assets out.  I think the days of rich owners coming in to Scottish Football and spunking huge sums of money on players has probably passed given how many times that strategy ended in tears for clubs

14 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Would it f**k emoji23.png "we've signed a player from Ayr, here's a thousand new season tickets sold".

The only single player we could remotely sign that would shift a significant number of STs beyond what we'd sell anyway is Griffiths.

Shankland would be a big signing and excite the support, dunno how you can't see that.  I hope we get in somebody decent anyway. 

Shankland would be a big signing and excite the support, dunno how you can't see that.  I hope we get in somebody decent anyway. 
We should sign Naismith. Would not sell a single additional season ticket, but it would be funny.

48 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Would be the smart way to do it. Even have the deal agreed in principle etc.

I think you'll adopt the every penny is a prisoner approach that ourselves and Celtic have adopted. Don't think you'll go down the Rangers, Dundee and Hearts route.

Hibs would never go down that route, Merkland.  The approach of every penny being a prisoner has served us well for nigh on 30 years. The basic ethos of the club is the same as Aberdeen's. Identify and develop your own or buy young talent and look to sell  on. Any transfer fees will be undisclosed and moderate in scale. The new owndership may give us a bit more flexibility in the market but nothing is gonna change rapidly. Financially we'll still be as tight as two coats of paint.