5 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Farmer paid off the bank debt and there's been a fans membership scheme buying up newly issued shares to clear the debt to him. Think it stood at 3.5m last accounts so bit less now. Support owns about 30% of the shares in the club.

Ah ok so just debt to Farmer then, cheers.

So it's feasible that the 7 figure sum invested is just to clear debts to Farmer as opposed to signalling a big spending spree by the club. Hopefully good news for Hibs in any case but you never know with these sorts of things.

So it's feasible that the 7 figure sum invested is just to clear debts to Farmer as opposed to signalling a big spending spree by the club. Hopefully good news for Hibs in any case but you never know with these sorts of things.

It will be definitely included. But we've now got a half a million quid a year supporter subscription which could potentially be converted to funding capital investment instead of buying shares.

I genuinely don't think we'll remotely be spunking a stack of cash on players.

5 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Hearts pure raging aye?

No debt + 6 million pound investment + whatever share we get out of that 50 million for McGinniesta. PowttJS.gif It's not going down well over there. Not well at all.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The way Hibs worded it in their statement makes it look like the seven figure investment and the clearing of the debts are separate, but that could just be for effect. 

Its fantastic news all round on the face of it. Still have a tiny bit of dread in the back of my mind but just got to see what happens.

4 minutes ago, Zing. said:

The way Hibs worded it in their statement makes it look like the seven figure investment and the clearing of the debts are separate, but that could just be for effect. 

Its fantastic news all round on the face of it. Still have a tiny bit of dread in the back of my mind but just got to see what happens.

The wording in these things is usually deliberately vague so that it sounds brilliant but they're not committing to big spending.

Could be fantastic though, hopefully you cement 5th place for years to come and keep Hearts in their box.

At what point is Ron going to prepare a bid to buy Hearts and create an Edinburgh super club?
Far better to grind their faces into the dirt and let them liquidate themselves trying to keep up imo. Best practice and all that.

5 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Sounds like we can expect two or three marquee signings. Mulumbu and Shankland (more likely McNulty) would be my picks.  Omeonga in.  

Don't think you'll be in for McNulty or Shankland after paying a decent fee for Doidge. This deal won't have came out of nowhere.

It will be interesting to see how Hibs kick on from here. How our club has been run is night and day in difference from before we had our debt cleared.

Here's the actual figures fwiw.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Don't think you'll be in for McNulty or Shankland after paying a decent fee for Doidge. This deal won't have came out of nowhere.

It will be interesting to see how Hibs kick on from here. How our club has been run is night and day in difference from before we had our debt cleared.

I would get in Shankland myself, McNulty I'm less bothered about but we need one in. Kamberi is more left mid than striker and we only have young Shaw as cover. It does sound like he's cleared the debt rather than punting in 6m to a player kitty. No doubt a wedge to STF also which is only right.