7 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Can imagine he’s quite a high earner so it’s good to get rid of him. He’s just a bit past it and I’m sure we can get better for less.

5k a week he was on. Still a lot less than McGeouch's current wage. let's not forget McGeouch was injured a lot at Hibs. I'm not 100% sold on bringing him back.

Supposedly it’s Milligan who has decided to leave by not taking up his years option after not settling in Scotland. He’s not a world beater but has been pretty decent since coming back from his international break in January. Think we maybe got him a little too late in his career. He seems a decent guy so wish him all the best.

He'll definitely stroll into most teams in the A-League. Can't see him going back to Victory as I'm not sure Muscat is much of a fan of him these days, but someone like Wellington Phoenix or Adelaide United looking to consolidate their top six place could do a LOT worse.

11 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

I see Craig Thomson has retired.

I'll buy a card tomorrow and send the envelope round  for you guys to sign and pop in a tenner so that we can get him a wee something.

Sending  money in an envelope to a hearts fan... Sounds legit.  

Hiya Mr. Romanov, hiya Pal...

Edited by Bohemian

Sounds as though we're due a good chunk of coin if Villa get promoted on Monday. Strangely enough that game on Monday is likely to have a massive effect on our summer recruitment. 

Two main positions we need to sort out for me is a striker and the middle of midfield. I'd love to get McNulty in on a permanent, think he'd absolutely thrive on Allan feeding him shrooooooo balls every week. Think we lack a bit of energy and dig in midfield as well, somebody of Harings ilk would be ideal to be honest. 

3 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

How much uz get? Only read in articles Hibs are due a windfall but non of the articles say roughly how much

Steve Bruce said the contract had astonishing clauses in it (promotion and sell on) - so I imagine Hibs get a fair whack of cash, and as noted above St Mirren get the steam off Rod Petries pish

11 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Steve Bruce said the contract had astonishing clauses in it (promotion and sell on) - so I imagine Hibs get a fair whack of cash, and as noted above St Mirren get the steam off Rod Petries pish

Could be astonishingly low!

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Could be astonishingly low!

Sorry, wrong wording - he said they were the strongest clauses he had seen.

Its pretty clear that Hibs manufactured the low cost in order to ensure we could place these add on clauses - we knew how good he was so you can be certain the management and board did - the laddie has won promotion with Hibs, Villa, Scottish Cup, Scottish League Cup, multiple MOTM awards, plus the stuff noted below. 

While it might seem a bit of a gamble, we are not skint and this was a way of ensuring a (large, ongoing) income stream for years to come.

The only people who couldnt accept how good he was were the Celtic fans who said he would be a squad player and they shouldnt pay more than £1.5 for him.

Great laddie and we all wish him the best.