Dylan was immense in his last season with us. He would without a shadow of a doubt improve our midfield.

The tricky thing will be how to balance it out with energy/drive/physicality if we had Dylan along with Scotty and Stevie.

Omeonga has great energy and drive but lacks a bit strengthwise, Milligan is ok to sit in front of the defence but Dylan likes to play deep too and could become crowded in there with a big gap in midfield and with Milligan you don't get a lot of energy or drive either. Mallans key assets are best employed drifting around behind the strikers and getting him where he can get sight of goal, he can do a job deeper but Dylan is superior in that position and Allan is superior as an attacking midfielder.

Interesting decisions for Hecky to make over summer.

McGeouch was one of the most underrated players in Scotland for most of his time with us, albeit the constant injuries probably went a long way towards stopping him getting to where his talent could have taken him.   I'm sure almost everyone would have him back at ER in a heartbeat.  

Won't happen though unless it's a loan I don't imagine.

Aberdeen fans thinking a move to them would be a step up from Hibs is quaint though.

3 hours ago, Redstarstranraer said:

McGeouch was one of the most underrated players in Scotland for most of his time with us, albeit the constant injuries probably went a long way towards stopping him getting to where his talent could have taken him.   I'm sure almost everyone would have him back at ER in a heartbeat.  

Won't happen though unless it's a loan I don't imagine.

Aberdeen fans thinking a move to them would be a step up from Hibs is quaint though.

It sounds like he's had that kind of season at Sunderland. Showed some promise, but missed too many games due to injury.  They irritated Ross to the point where he signed another midfielder (Leadbitter), who has mostly kept McGeouch out of the team since then.

3 hours ago, Redstarstranraer said:

If the rumours/reported figures are close to the truth, then Aberdeen are paying substantially more than Hibernian. 

They like to bleat about being unable to compete with Celtic/Rangers financially, but they completely blow other Scottish sides out the water just now.

McInnes is apparently on £15k a week...

If the rumours/reported figures are close to the truth, then Aberdeen are paying substantially more than Hibernian. 
They like to bleat about being unable to compete with Celtic/Rangers financially, but they completely blow other Scottish sides out the water just now.

Would you like some salt & vinegar with that chip on your shoulder?

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Greenie for using the word bleat.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Would you like some salt & vinegar with that chip on your shoulder?

Do they get salt and sauce in Perth?

My in laws are in Bridge of Allan and it always pisses me off that their otherwise excellent chippy only has salt and vinegar - its a Glaswegian conspiracy, I tell ye