1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Don’t talk shite, you didn’t want him. You said Stubbs would be a better appointment until the end of the season and Hecky was a cheap option no one had heard of.

I preferred Stubbs till end of the season. Doesn't mean I am against PH.  We were always going to get a cheap option when Dempster blew the kitty on Lennon's compo. 

Seen a few folk mention recently that we’ll be due a decent payment if McGinn gets promotion with Villa. Now one game away after tonight. 

Could help fund signing some more absolute ball players like Charalampos Mavrias and Miquel Nelom.

Anyone on here take Dylan back?

Not getting quoted at Sunderland, feels like a total waste of time him being there.

Bizarrely to me, some of our fans thought he was a waste of time, but he sure got the midfield ticking.

25 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Not getting quoted at Sunderland, feels like a total waste of time him being there.

Bizarrely to me, some of our fans thought he was a waste of time, but he sure got the midfield ticking.

In a fucking heartbeat. Genuinely think Dylan was the best footballer in the team through whilst he was here. Loved watching the way he controlled the tempo of the game popping the ball about.

25 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

In a fucking heartbeat. Genuinely think Dylan was the best footballer in the team through whilst he was here. Loved watching the way he controlled the tempo of the game popping the ball about.

Exactly how I think. Needs a bit of intelligent muscle beside him (the McGinn role), but imagine a mid with Dylan, Allan, options of Boyle and/or Horgan on the wings?

Like I say, we need a bit of steel too, I quite like Milligan, but dont think hes the answer.

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

Exactly how I think. Needs a bit of intelligent muscle beside him (the McGinn role), but imagine a mid with Dylan, Allan, options of Boyle and/or Horgan on the wings?

Like I say, we need a bit of steel too, I quite like Milligan, but dont think hes the answer.

Agreed, somebody with more legs than Milligan would be ideal. At the same time though, imagine having a midfield trio of Mallan, Dylan and Allan bringing back Tiki-taka.

25 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

Agreed, somebody with more legs than Milligan would be ideal. At the same time though, imagine having a midfield trio of Mallan, Dylan and Allan bringing back Tiki-taka.

There was an article in the Record with a local journalist in Sunderland giving his opinion on McGeouch. More or less said he's not built for playing in League One but would do a better job in the Championship.

I'm certain he'll be back up in Scotland on loan next season.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/whats-happened-dylan-mcgeouch-sunderland-14032350

He was absolutely brilliant. What absolute wallopers in your support thought he was a waste of time? [emoji1]

He should’ve stayed in hindsight but he had the chance at a big club on a much bigger wage down south. Would definitely have him back. 

Few rumours that him and Lennon didn’t get on that well so that might’ve influenced him. Pretty convinced Aberdeen will go back in for him and make a big move to make it happen now that Shinnie is away. 

Just now, Zing. said:

He should’ve stayed in hindsight but he had the chance at a big club on a much bigger wage down south. Would definitely have him back. 

Few rumours that him and Lennon didn’t get on that well so that might’ve influenced him. Pretty convinced Aberdeen will go back in for him and make a big move to make it happen now that Shinnie is away. 

Quite ironic that the order in which club he should have been at was probably

Hibs

Aberdeen

Sunderland

Yet  it's flipped on his head when money becomes a factor.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Hibs

Aberdeen

Sunderland

Why that order? Sunderland are a shite club in a shite league who can only offer bigger wages. Footballing wise Aberdeen shit all over them.

21 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Hibs

Aberdeen

Sunderland

I think he’s supposed to be on around 12k a week. Considering he was on 3-4 absolute max at Hibs I can’t blame him for giving it a bash. I think he comfortably has the footballing ability to play at that level but his lack of athleticism and chocolate hammy’s means he’s struggled.

1 minute ago, St. Jude said:

I think he’s supposed to be on around 12k a week. Considering he was on 3-4 absolute max at Hibs I can’t blame him for giving it a bash. I think he comfortably has the footballing ability to play at that level but his lack of athleticism and chocolate hammy’s means he’s struggled.

Can't really grudge any player making the move for money really.

Probably not a reach to say we'd have finished comfortably third and maybe even pushed for second if we had him fully fit, Shinnie and Ferguson as our midfield three.

Guest Bob Mahelp
33 minutes ago, Zing. said:

He would fit in the with the McInnes signing model. 

SPL player, McInnes tries to sign him, he moves to lower league English club, can't hack it, Aberdeen come back in for him.  Given that we desperately need our midfield strengthened, I can see us trying to get him.

A fly in the ointment though would be are his obvious and long-term injury problems (and the fact that he would have to take a wage cut).