Stubbs till end of the season would have been smarter, or keeping Lenny of course. We still don't know WTF happened there which I find pretty unacceptable.   
Why the f**k would keeping the manager who'd won 2 games out of the last 17 be inspiring? He'd every chance from me to turn it round because he done it last year, but he'd be sackable on both results and performances this season.

if i was you guys i would be dissapointed with this appointment. Appleton would have brought the smack down to this role but perhaps dempster and petrie were far too scared of sacakibg him later. i know i wouldnt want to tell him that news! hopefully you guys go in freefall after this appointment - 11th would be fine!

7 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Follow the conversation. There's an important difference in perception between the titles of manager and coach. Ian Cathro was a coach, whereas Tommy Wright is a manager.

Neil Lennon was Hibs manager, I genuinely can’t see how you can say he wasn’t. 

This Snifter guy is a fucking idiot.

As is The_Kincardine:

Then only a buffoon would regard it as a 3.5 year deal.  It isn't.

Hibs capping their liability in the event of termination for poor performance doesn’t change the term of the contract. For example, the compensation another club would owe Hibs if they wanted to appoint him their manager would be reflective of the 3.5 year period, minus whatever time had been served to that point, so it absolutely is a 3.5 year contract. Buffoon.

25 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Hibs capping their liability in the event of termination for poor performance doesn’t change the term of the contract. 

I materially does.  Buffoon.

Edit:  if there's a 4 month 'get out of jail' card then it's a 4 month contract.  Doesn't matter how you dress this up.

Edited by The_Kincardine

I materially does.  Buffoon.
Edit:  if there's a 4 month 'get out of jail' card then it's a 4 month contract.  Doesn't matter how you dress this up.

Soz m8, but “how I dressed it up”, is actually just “Contract Law”.

Happy to explain I (sic) to you in greater detail if required.

So, let me get this straight. Hibs are a shambles of a club because;

1.We've let a manager go who was underachieving, lost the dressing room and may or may not have made his position untenable with actions and behaviour against the executive team

2. We've had a lengthy interview process in order to secure a new manager suited to the club

3. We've offered terms to one person, who, for whatever reason has decided not to accept the terms of the deal(one of which maybe, despite a handsome salary wanted extra to stay in our lovely capital city)

4. We've offered the same deal to another individual (of similar credentials to candidiate one above) who has accepted the job and is keen to get started.

f**k me there are some fucking roasters on here including some of our own.

Heckinbottom may or may not work out but to suggest Hibs haven't gone about this process in the correct manner is nonsense.