4 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I think you've an overly simplistic view of the support's opinions. Stubbs would be a far more divisive choice than you seem to think.

Not if he came back on a short term contract to May. I note no mention of how long they've gave wee Heckie in press release. I assume a 2 year deal, if it doesn't work out we cannot afford to sack him after 600k spunked away on Lenny compo. 

Edited by Snifter Pee Rot

2 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Not if he came back on a short term contract to May. I note no mention of how long they've wee Heckie in press release. I assume a 2 year deal, if it doesn't work out we cannot afford to sack him after 600k spunked away on Lenny compo. 

It's a 3.5 year deal, and if the stories are true about Appleton's contract negotiations, he'll only get 4 months compo after a firing.

I suppose a short-term appointment might be more acceptable, but hiring a short term manager would probably be a bad move in general. Why spend a fortnight hiring one and then another fortnight in summer, when you can hire a permanent manager in much the same length of time?

Edited by Aim Here

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

It's a 3.5 year deal, and if the stories are true about Appleton's contract negotiations, he'll only get 4 months compo after a firing.

That 4 months compo, if true, tells you how sore Petrie's fingers are after Lennygate.  Very poor and amateurish executive performance losing the first choice pick over it. 

Just now, Snifter Pee Rot said:

No you numpty, he is LIKED by the fans and knows the club inside out so he has a head start on Heckie.  What are you talking about?

Being liked more by the fans doesn’t mean you are automatically a better appointment. 

3 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

No you numpty, he is LIKED by the fans and knows the club inside out so he has a head start on Heckie.  What are you talking about?

If Stubbs would just be here till the end of the season, as per your other post, that 'head start' is not a good thing, since he'd just be a stopgap - and then whoever we get in the summer won't have the advantage of having worked with the team, won't be used to how they operate, and will be making summer transfer signings cold - and it was misguided summer signings that screwed us up this season. I'd rather give the permanent guy the rest of this season to get caught up.

5 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

If Stubbs would just be here till the end of the season, as per your other post, that 'head start' is not a good thing, since he'd just be a stopgap - and then whoever we get in the summer won't have the advantage of having worked with the team, won't be used to how they operate, and will be making summer transfer signings cold - and it was misguided summer signings that screwed us up this season. I'd rather give the permanent guy the rest of this season to get caught up.

Yeah, but if he does okay, gets us top six say, we give him a perm deal. If he doesn't we say ta and move on. Bottom line, the fans would get behind him and it would galvanise the club.  Just now you've a meh reaction to a new manager who was clearly second choice. You can even tell by Heckie's body language that he knows this.  If he loses to Hamilton on Saturday the pressure will mount on all concerned when it could have been defused somewhat by a Stubbs caretaker appointment. I'd also point out Heckie himself was caretaker at Barnsley in league one for a long spell.