29 minutes ago, velo army said:

Essentially this. Hibs aren't in real danger of relegation, and are presumably in little danger of doing anything of note at the other end of the table. Just ride it out to the end of the season with Eddie May and take the time to get a quality appointment in the summer. 

The problem is Eddie May has absolutely no interest in taking over. Neither does Grant Murray. May has spent nearly every press conference he’s done moaning about how much he hates being a manager. 

I’m not sure who else we could have gone for short term. Stubbs seems the most obvious choice but I’m not sure he’d only agree to a short term deal.

Press are now reporting Heckingbottom is getting the job. He’s kind of similar to Appleton in that he’s only done well at one club. At Barnsley he knew the entire club and most of the players so it’ll be interesting to see how he does adapting to a whole new environment, as he fucked it up when he went to Leeds.

Edited by Zing.

9 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Eff me. If you're agreeing with my post I'll need to completely reconsider my position on the matter. So, on second thoughts Lenny's the boi... snowflake players....winning mentality....broad brimmer hat....Leeanne just disny get it.....blah blah.

Rod had the manager in front of him the whole time, step forward Leeann ha ha ha ha 

40 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

The way he publicly singled out a 23 year old who's been removed from all his family and friends and being made to play in a role that doesn't suit him has been terrible management from Lennon and I bet the stuff behind closed doors hasn't been any better. 

This is true.

18 minutes ago, Zing. said:

The problem is Eddie May has absolutely no interest in taking over. Neither does Grant Murray. May has spent nearly every press conference he’s done moaning about how much he hates being a manager. 

I’m not sure who else we could have gone for short term. Stubbs seems the most obvious choice but I’m not sure he’d only agree to a short term deal.

Press are now reporting Heckingbottom is getting the job. He’s kind of similar to Appleton in that he’s only done well at one club. At Barnsley he knew the entire club and most of the players so it’ll be interesting to see how he does adapting to a whole new environment, as he fucked it up when he went to Leeds.

You surely don't actually want Eddie May as a manager?

Is it just me that automatically had the instincts that Heckingbottom was a more desirable appointment than Appleton from limited knowledge/a quick look at the jobs they have done. Regardless Hibs are coming across looking like a club run by morons here. Totally directionless and currently, somehow with their squad, below Motherwell :wacko:

3 hours ago, ScottishZizou said:

Is it just me that automatically had the instincts that Heckingbottom was a more desirable appointment than Appleton from limited knowledge/a quick look at the jobs they have done. Regardless Hibs are coming across looking like a club run by morons here. Totally directionless and currently, somehow with their squad, below Motherwell :wacko:

Maybe we should appoint a new manager?