46 minutes ago, List_of_Jericho said:

I wouldn't lose sleep about losing out on Appleton or Heckingbottom tbh.

As others have said the sacking of Lennon looks totally bizarre now given the lack of realistic options to replace him. 

Bizarre? Football already gives a lot of leeway to managers to act in ways that would warrant disciplinary action in any other workplace. Hibs are a well run club. They have a duty of care to their employees - some of them barely more than boys. If Hibs came to the conclusion that they had to suspend and then part company with a popular and successful manager, I think most reasonable people would give the club the benefit of the doubt.

Just now, Zing. said:

I’m confused by it as well. Surely if Doolan is being considered we’d be as well getting Stubbs back as well.

Pretty much, yeah – and if the newspaper reports are correct Doolan could be in with a serious chance. It's not as if he has become a manager and done quite well in the interim.

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Bizarre? Football already gives a lot of leeway to managers to act in ways that would warrant disciplinary action in any other workplace. Hibs are a well run club. They have a duty of care to their employees - some of them barely more than boys. If Hibs came to the conclusion that they had to suspend and then part company with a popular and successful manager, I think most reasonable people would give the club the benefit of the doubt.

Finally a good post from you, well in. 

1 hour ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Serious question - why are Hibs apparently considering John Doolan?

Well it’s all paper talk, there isn’t actually anything to say we are considering Doolan but he’s credited with being a big part of Stubbs success. Don’t think he went with Stubbs to Rotherham and St Mirren which seems to give Doolan even more credit since he failed at those clubs without him. 

Hes also got a good bond with the fans. 

f**k knows if he’s a good manager but I can see why he would be linked in the paper.

3 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Turning into a farce now, all Dempster needed to do was get in somebody until May and give them a shot at it to nothing. More names would be available in May/June if it didn't work out.  She is looking fecking clueless. 

Essentially this. Hibs aren't in real danger of relegation, and are presumably in little danger of doing anything of note at the other end of the table. Just ride it out to the end of the season with Eddie May and take the time to get a quality appointment in the summer. 

3 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

A lot of people I speak to around here are laying the blame on Dempster and Petrie and lack of funds/conspiracy theories about getting rid of Lennon/modern day footballers being divas etc. The way he publicly singled out a 23 year old who's been removed from all his family and friends and being made to play in a role that doesn't suit him has been terrible management from Lennon and I bet the stuff behind closed doors hasn't been any better. 

6 minutes ago, velo army said:

Essentially this. Hibs aren't in real danger of relegation, and are presumably in little danger of doing anything of note at the other end of the table. Just ride it out to the end of the season with Eddie May and take the time to get a quality appointment in the summer. 

I'd have been happy with Stubbs till May and so would most of the support. Dempster is fucking up here. 

1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Finally a good post from you, well in. 

Eff me. If you're agreeing with my post I'll need to completely reconsider my position on the matter. So, on second thoughts Lenny's the boi... snowflake players....winning mentality....broad brimmer hat....Leeanne just disny get it.....blah blah.