2 minutes ago, VanCityHibee said:

Dont really know anything about any of the loanees ,but i feel rather underwhelmed fellow Hibbies :(

Time will tell i guess.

Did we get the chubby baller sooner than expected??

Nah. I'm not worried about Allan, though, since Gauld looks like he'll be playing all the shroo balls that Scotty would have played, and a few more besides.

We're down our two best central defenders (our two best players for the first half of the season, even) in exchange for some kid from Leicester's youth team, which I reckon might hurt us some.

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Nah. I'm not worried about Allan, though, since Gauld looks like he'll be playing all the shroo balls that Scotty would have played, and a few more besides.

We're down our two best central defenders (our two best players for the first half of the season, even) in exchange for some kid from Leicester's youth team, which I reckon might hurt us some.

somewhat depressing

10 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Who’s this guy from Motherwell? Is he no shite :lol:

He's been struggling to make our bench recently and described himself as "stunned" to get an offer from Hibs, so make of that what you will :)

11 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Who’s this guy from Motherwell? Is he no shite :lol:

He's definitely not shite. Him sending one of your boys out for a hot dog the other week was a nice low key example of what he's about.

giphy.gif

His problem and the main reason he couldn't get in our side was that he struggled to meet Robinson's standards on the defensive side of the game.

He'd let players run off him and cost us goals as a result. Andy Rose was a better option than him in the defensive side of the game last season and this season David Turnbull's basically our POTY and a perfect fit for that role.

I'd say in a Hibs team with better players around him, where he'll have more of the ball he'll be absolutely fine for 6 months until you get the chubby baller through the door.

Edited by capt_oats

8 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

I doubt Lennon would have been happy with this window. McNulty swapped for MacLaren might be an improvement but the new manager is going to have a job on his hands, especially in the summer. 

I spoke to a Hibs fan who said that funds were deliberately not released to Lennon in an attempt to get him to walk. The same guy said some manager from down south (can't remember his name and can't be fucked going to find it) had been approached about the job but he was an aquaintance of Lennon's and had tipped him off about it which led to Lennon going tonto. 

Apologies if this is old news but I can't be fucked scouring back through to see if anyone else has mentioned this. Sounds like a lot of made up shite to me anyway. 

23 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Most Motherwell fans on Twitter are gutted he’s away.

Yep - me too - he was a really popular player (and the club's media stuff did a good job in boosting that). Doesn't change the fact that he was no-where near a starting place with the 9th place team in the league for reasons that Capt_Oats mentions. 

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he does well at Hibs as he has loads of talent. Wouldn't surprise me if if he's soon taking pelters off half your team for losing his man and costing you a goal.

27 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

He's definitely not shite. Him sending one of your boys out for a hot dog the other week was a nice low key example of what he's about.

giphy.gif

His problem and the main reason he couldn't get in our side was that he struggled to meet Robinson's standards on the defensive side of the game.

He'd let players run off him and cost us goals as a result. Andy Rose was a better option than him in the defensive side of the game last season and this season David Turnbull's basically our POTY and a perfect fit for that role.

I'd say in a Hibs team with better players around him, where he'll have more of the ball he'll be absolutely fine for 6 months until you get the chubby baller through the door.

Another ball playing midfielder that can’t defend then? Just what we need :lol:

Transfer windows gone and we haven’t got a box to box midfielder with a bit of dig we’ve been crying out for all season.

14 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

Transfer windows gone and we haven’t got a box to box midfielder with a bit of dig we’ve been crying out for all season.

Those things don't grow on trees unfortunately, they are a rare and sought after breed. We'd most likely need to develop a raw talent ala McGinn in order to find ourselves one. 

2 hours ago, St. Jude said:

I think Omeonga can do the job provided he adapts to the Scottish game quickly. I thought he showed some nice bits of play and some tenacity against St Mirren even though he wasn't on for long. McNulty looked like the best player in league 2 last season, a cut above every player on the park in the games I saw. High hopes for him.

4 hours ago, Dirk Lehmann said:

Those things don't grow on trees unfortunately, they are a rare and sought after breed. We'd most likely need to develop a raw talent ala McGinn in order to find ourselves one. 

That terms maybe a bit misleading. There’s been a number of games this season we’ve been ran over the top of in midfield and have needed a player with drive and dig in there. IMO we don’t have the right blend. The players we have are good on the ball but struggle to match opposition off the ball, particularly in the derby.

On 1/31/2019 at 22:45, Aim Here said:

So are there any managers out there who are experienced with the 2-6-2 formation?

Fenloans Ltd. Players

McPake   McGivern

Cairney Claros Thomson
Taiwo Robertson Deegan

Kuqi   Doyle

[✓] - Pioneered the 2-6-2 formation.

[✓] - Extensive experience with loan signings.

[✓] - Knowledgable about utilising fifty centre-mids.

BRING HIM HOME LLEEAANN!

There have been ominous signs appearing throughout the club this season. January was a brief window in which to view a house burning down from the inside. It was ignited last season before being relentlessly fuelled by Lennon's presentation to the press and public, after the derby defeat left us gasping for a European place.

We weren't looking great going into the second-half of last season either, but we had more points and better prospects.

Last season was neurosurgery, but this time we're looking at replacing the entire central nervous system. We have lost our spine. Our only answer has been to moan about our pain at the back instead of doing something about it. We've seen a GP, but he was allegedly dismissed for assisting the practice manager in malpractice. The manager went to consult the chairman about a grey area in his contract — he ended up throwing his chairs out the pram at a Gray area and lost it [and his contract]. Putting a name to the chair he was throwing was the straw that broke the camel's back – whereas he was aiming to break the G.O.A.T.'s... On the exhale & release, he flattened his vowels & threw the 'r' away — "Have some of that G-ugh-AY!" as Lleeaann was knighted by a chair leg meant for Sir David Gray.

Fenloans & stopgaps are never a good thing to see regardless of how necessary they are. We won't see another transfer window or a season turnaround like last season again. 

While we're throwing ideas and chairs around... I hope the club are throwing the kitchen sink at Ambrose.

Edited by The Notorious E.F.E.

3 minutes ago, The Notorious E.F.E. said:

While we're throwing ideas and chairs around... I hope the club are throwing the kitchen sink at Ambrose.

Story goes you withdrew your offer to him on deadline day.