26 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Strachan hasn't had a club job for eight years, his last post at Boro was an epic failure with some terrible football being played.  His style of football is generally negative and I'm sure wouldn't go down well at Easter Road.  He also fucked up a relatively easy group as national team manager.  

He is also  61, surely Hibs should be looking at a younger, ambitious manager.  Strachan is a wee tadger.

Heh Tynie, thanks for the warning, but I have noticed that their are a quite a few Fucking "Fucks" in your fucking posts!!

Is that OK?

18 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Brilliant, you received a warning on the 4th of April last year for referring to someone as a retard.  Glad it's not been eating away at you like.   Fucking idiot.

Fortunately, I have never bothered with any of your posts in the past. But I don't want to use the word, which you have used in your reply, in case of another warning.

I don't really use the 'F' word in posts, however, you seem to be quite adept at it, so keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, ShrooTheLookingGlass said:

He grew up a Hibs fan, seen him at Hibs matches fairly frequently and pretty sure he's living in or around Edinburgh. It's not that far fetched.

He was living in England while he was the Scotland manager so I doubt it.

Sounds like Lennon has completely lost the plot (unsurprisingly some might say!). 

I have thoroughly enjoyed his time in charge.  Have been quite a few highs, a couple of lows (particularly recently), and the downright bizarre.  I thank him for his service and wish him all the very best. 

But no person is bigger than the club. It sounds as if he has been thoroughly unprofessional and, if the rumours are even remotely true, Hibs have done 100% the right thing in emptying him.  Lennon was always going to leave Hibs in a blazing fireball, just a shame that time is now.

Onwards and upwards,  I have a sneaky feeling this could be a Manchester United moment for players such as Kamberi, Mallan, Hanlon etc who gave all looked a shadow of the player that started off with Hibs/of last season.  Kamberi in particular has looked crushed under Lennon this season.  Who knows, maybe Maclaren will be thrown back into that fold as well.  Genuinely not that worried about Lennon walking.  It is sad, but I think this will turn out to be a good thing for the club as our players look very disinterested at present, which isn't surprising given we have had 0 consistency in our team set-ups this season.  Glory Glory!

Edited by AberdeenHibee

Just now, Crawford said:

Anyone know exactly what happened?

Give it two days and the I'm a bullied ginger depressed lad to be in the papers.

Pretty unnecessary. I hope Lennon is OK, he clearly does have his demons he is battling and deserves continued support from the footballing community, including of course Hibs. 

5 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Pretty unnecessary. I hope Lennon is OK, he clearly does have his demons he is battling and deserves continued support from the footballing community, including of course Hibs. 

I completely understand what you are saying but you can't pull it out of the box to suit your situation.

Edited by Crawford

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

That's not what makes Stubbs a good choice, but it contextualises this "terrible league manager" label that Stubbs has been given by some Hibs fans and a lot of neutrals. It simply isn't true, and if it is then Lennon has to be given a similar label, because he 'outperformed' Stubbs in a much weaker Championship by a single point.

Yeah, I did consider mentioning that Lennon only managed to be a point better off and can’t argue with your point about the comparison between the two of them, but wasn’t entirely sure it’s relevant.

Sure, Lennon was barely any better in the Championship and turned out fine in the Premiership, so if your thought process is you want a manager to have you floating between the top and bottom six comfortably avoiding relegation while having good cup runs I can see why you’d think Stubbs can deliver that, but why take the risk of him turning out worse than that? Hibs can surely get a manager with a far better pedigree.

Obviously with the state of the bottom three this season there’s no chance of whoever the new manager is doing a Butcher, but considering that Stubbs is responsible for one of those shambles and his man-management was a critical part of that, is he really a good option when the players are reportedly up in arms about how they’ve been treated by their manager and are on a bad run? Would it really a massive leap to see him bombing next season?