1 hour ago, Willie adie said:

id expect

mcinnes

Tommy wright

steve clarke 

gordon strachan 

to be the 4 on the shortlist

No chance of McInnes or Clarke, clueless why they're even being named.

Wright's more realistic but he just signed a contract to 2022 so the compensation would be mammoth.

If you don't appoint Stubbs, I never want to hear another word about how we should have kept him on/treated him badly, etc.
Please, please appoint Alan Stubbs. 

Don’t know how to break this to you gently m9, but we aren’t board members.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

There are things you can do: lobbying, petitions, placards, protests. If Stubbs is really your man, you guys can make it happen. :wub:

A big One Alan Stubbs chant in the Paisley 2021 Greenhill We Sold Our Soul By Leaving Love Street Arena, perhaps?

Edited by HibsFan

id expect
mcinnes
Tommy wright
steve clarke 
gordon strachan 
to be the 4 on the shortlist
Mcinnes and Clarke wouldn't dream of the step down. Tommy Wright would see it as a sideways move. Strachan? Not a bad shout.
Big Yogi would be fun though.

If you don't appoint Stubbs, I never want to hear another word about how we should have kept him on/treated him badly, etc.
Please, please appoint Alan Stubbs. 
In time for tomorrow would be nice and the useless c**t can drag them down even further which would be hilarious. This gives me a glimmer of hope for tomorrow now.

I reckon Stubbs would do a fine job until the end of the season. Unless I'm wrong, St Mirren fans all seem to think he's a terrible manager because he ripped their squad apart and replaced them with a bunch of diddies. That Hibs side is more than good enough to win most games they play and he's obviously not going to need/will be able to make massive changes. 

Obviously there are much stronger candidates but he's hardly a laughable suggestion on a short term contract. 

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I’d be a lot more confident about our cup game if Hibs appoint Stubbs.

Stubbs took Hibs to the League Cup quarter finals, Scottish Cup semi finals, League Cup Final and then Scottish Cup winners in his four cup runs. I really wouldn't tempt fate.

25 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I reckon Stubbs would do a fine job until the end of the season. Unless I'm wrong, St Mirren fans all seem to think he's a terrible manager because he ripped their squad apart and replaced them with a bunch of diddies. That Hibs side is more than good enough to win most games they play and he's obviously not going to need/will be able to make massive changes. 

Obviously there are much stronger candidates but he's hardly a laughable suggestion on a short term contract. 

Yet they’ve failed to win in five and in his previous spells at Hibs he had sides with players that were more than good enough not to lose 16 times over two Championship seasons, more than good enough to get through the playoffs and more than good enough to finish above Falkirk. They failed to do those things because Stubbs is a bad manager.

He’ll obviously always be popular among Hibs fans for the cup win but his overall managerial record, including his league record at Hibs, is genuinely terrible. Having a good record in cup competitions doesn’t make him an appropriate choice to take over a side with an unhappy squad who are on a terrible run which needs to be turned around, and doesn’t compensate for the reality of that being the last kind of setting Stubbs is likely to perform well in.

Edited by Dunning1874

30 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

If that squad is more than good enough to win most games they play then why couldn't Lennon do it?