4 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

All of that potential and a big money move abroad at a young age yet you still find yourself playing for Hibs.

Hibs FFS.

What a disaster you’ve had son.

^ losing  "WATP" Jones and Stewart in one week has sent diddieliex over the edge

crying-man.gif.56e390a885f37c4df3fbabd2a061fd50.gif

Just now, MixuFixit said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-13844314

We're favourites to sign Lawrence Shankland off Ayr apparently, thoughts?

Would take him. Ayr seemed to be extremely unwilling to let anyone leave in this window though, which is when we need him.

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

For me this is the best signing of the January window so far great wee player wish him all the best.

Like the rest of us, you've not the slightest clue if this guy is good, bad or indifferent. 

It strikes me like a typical Hibs signing....hyped up to the stars, but will do nothing else other than keep them around 6th or 7th place. 

I suppose he's unusual in that he wasn't a previous Hibs failure. 

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Like the rest of us, you've not the slightest clue if this guy is good, bad or indifferent. 

It strikes me like a typical Hibs signing....hyped up to the stars, but will do nothing else other than keep them around 6th or 7th place. 

I suppose he's unusual in that he wasn't a previous Hibs failure. 

Fuckin nailed this bob - after all last seasons signings at this stage (Allan, Maclaren, Kamberi)  were complete pish, eh?

I suppose players like Efe, McGinn, McGeough were also a bit shite, eh?

Of course, the truth is that all clubs sign some good, some bad, the very occasional amazing and the very occasional complete dud.

Gie us a shout when you emerge back int he real world min

Guest Bob Mahelp
12 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Fuckin nailed this bob - after all last seasons signings at this stage (Allan, Maclaren, Kamberi)  were complete pish, eh?

I suppose players like Efe, McGinn, McGeough were also a bit shite, eh?

Of course, the truth is that all clubs sign some good, some bad, the very occasional amazing and the very occasional complete dud.

Gie us a shout when you emerge back int he real world min

Efe :lol::lol::lol:

Gauld in his breakthrough season looked far more useful than any of our current midfield. As long as he hasn't gone into a complete low confidence spiral he should at least improve us. Signing Morgan and/or Allan would help to take some of the expectation off him a little and would also make our midfield look very attack minded and talented, should be a few other clubs in for them though unfortunately. What will be interesting to see is which of the current midfielders keeps their place after the window. Individually they are not bad players but I still feel like we are missing someone with a great engine in there who can win battles and drive us on from the middle, one of the Livi boys could step in and do a job I think,  also Mulumbu did great at Killie but I've heard Celtic fans refer to him as 'immobile' which isn't a great sign. I'd love to see Shankland come to us, he's looked like the real deal since the league one winning season with Ayr and I'm shocked no one tried to get him last summer. Maybe the bookies know something we don't since they made us 3/1 to sign him but out of the clubs being credited with an interest we are the 5th or 6th biggest so I'm still very skeptical. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes but we always seem a bit slow to pick up on emerging talent in Scotland.

Edited by ShrooTheLookingGlass

Hibs offer #ballers a home; we've nurtured forgotten talents and nursed those crippled by the weight of early expectations.

Hibs built a player out of 'mucho ECG' and padded him with bubble wrap to prevent him from popping his package.

Hibs offered a safe haven for The Chubby Baller to practise his Reverse Shroo Balls™ without fear of interception.

Hibs harnessed the antonymic Efetobore by providing him with Havana's finest horticultural produce.

Hibs signed someone who solely scores screamers, simply to create a rhyming quartet of Horgan, Morgan, Mallan & Allan.

Aside from giving St Mirren's stars a chance to shine, we allowed a flame-haired Fyvie to rekindle his career. 

Gauld is where he belongs.

1 hour ago, The Notorious E.F.E. said:

Hibs offer #ballers a home; we've nurtured forgotten talents and nursed those crippled by the weight of early expectations.

Hibs built a player out of 'mucho ECG' and padded him with bubble wrap to prevent him from popping his package.

Hibs offered a safe haven for The Chubby Baller to practise his Reverse Shroo Balls™ without fear of interception.

Hibs harnessed the antonymic Efetobore by providing him with Havana's finest horticultural produce.

Hibs signed someone who solely scores screamers, simply to create a rhyming quartet of Horgan, Morgan, Mallan & Allan.

Aside from giving St Mirren's stars a chance to shine, we allowed a flame-haired Fyvie to rekindle his career. 

Gauld is where he belongs.

Great piece of writing, so I suppose a bit of poetic license should be permitted. But you've gone too far. In what possible world can anybody claim that Fraser Fyvie's career has been revived ? He started off at Aberdeen and is now getting some game time in the Championship with Dundee Utd.