https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45135038

John McGinn says he is proud he helped "give Hibernian fans their club back" by winning the Scottish Cup.

The midfielder, who signed a four-year deal with Aston Villa on Wednesday, has released a statement saying farewell to the Easter Road club.

McGinn was in the side that ended Hibs' 114-year wait to lift the Scottish Cup in 2016 by beating Rangers 3-2.

"The support I have received over the past couple of days has been overwhelming," said McGinn.

"I'm proud to have played a small part in giving the supporters their club back to win a certain trophy along the way."

The Scotland midfielder, 23, joined Hibs three years ago from St Mirren, with the Paisley club getting a third of the fee garnered from his transfer to Villa Park.

"Since I walked through the door they made me and my family feel at home and I'll be forever grateful for that," added McGinn.

"I wish everyone all the best for the future and hopefully any players that come in can feel as loved as I did."

I hope that losing Mcginn doesn't cause much of a hindrance to the European game tomorrow. Always like to see Scottish teams do well. 

I'm an Ayr united fan, the only leg we get in Europe is when I go on holiday because I have the badge tattooed on my leg. :-) 

There once was a lad from the Goonies

Worth more than fifteen Adam Rooneys

Nowt compares to our John

Feel pure shite now he's gone

Time to burn up a couple of spoonies

Edited by Austinho

45 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I hope that losing Mcginn doesn't cause much of a hindrance to the European game tomorrow. Always like to see Scottish teams do well. 

I'm an Ayr united fan, the only leg we get in Europe is when I go on holiday because I have the badge tattooed on my leg. :-) 

They play tonight m9

I’m glad that the ITKers were wrong about Barker signing. 

He reminded me of Boyle’s initial loan stint: pace with no power, precision or passing... Boyle ‘p’s all over Barker. Boyle is sharper on the ball too.

We played better when he wasn’t playing; his movement & work ethic without the ball left Stevenson exposed and unbalanced the side. Barker struggled without space to run into and would not create it himself; his best games were when the opposition were a goal or two behind and committing bodies forward. He was useless when he started games and, unlike Boyle, he had the touch of a sledgehammer.

He is the most ‘replaceable’ player from last season...

[   ]  Winger

[   ]  Pacey

Done.

Pacey Winger Agyepong Signs For Hibernian

Done.

(I hope he isn’t another ‘Matt Done’.)

McGinn & McGeouch are irreplaceable. Nevertheless, we are missing a central midfielder in a similar mould to them. Ideally, we need one brought in for the 2nd Leg as we shown signs of mould against Molde. Bartley is rotting whereas Whittaker is rotten.

Our issue at this time last year was our lack of forwards, this time it’s everywhere else.

Lennon and the recruitment staff have their work cut out for them, replacing the keystone & key of our midfield. We seem to have enough to unlock defences, but still need a ball-winner and/or someone to recycle possession. We cannot accommodate a formation by shoehorning players into it — Liam Craig & Scott Robertson as defensive-midfielders springs to mind. Mallan & Slivka may be good on the ball, but I’ve seen more tackles in netball.

We may see more 4-4-fucking-2s, with our width provided by Boyle & Agyepong; Gray & Stevenson may be needed more often at the back too, now that our midfield is without SJM & McTickTock. Lennon originally favoured wingers in 2016-17, but we haven’t had enough wingers fit or available which would explain why Lennon wants an additional winger.

We looked solid against Molde, but our defence is still an area to be addressed. Proper cover for our full-backs (Whittaker doesn’t count) is required.

Gray, Ambrose, Hanlon and Stevenson provide a reliable back-line; Porteous offers a better dimension than an ailing McGregor: his comfort on the ball and passing will take a lot of pressure off Ambrose/Hanlon when slotting into a 3-5-2. If we can’t source a McGinn or McGeouch, the onus will be on our centre-backs to play quick balls forward — McGregor is limited in this respect.

I’d love to see Bartley’s dominating displays return, but he currently doesn’t have the stamina to counterweight Mallan, Slivka and Hyndman. I hope it’s a simply a case of him gaining match S H A R P N E S S — his position is our current conundrum.

Kamara of Dundee or Mulumbu of Free would be ideal, if not realistic.

Edited by Mon Dieu