11 minutes ago, Lebowski said:
16 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:
I’ll let Munoz in on a secret, all the Hibs fans know it’s 33%. You can stop biting to every single post about emoji38.png

I also know no c**t who remotely grudges it.

Absolutely. It’s been a fucking brilliant deal for all involved. It genuinely couldn’t have worked out any better. 

Even if John had left on a free he’s repaid us in a Cup, promotion and consistent brilliant performances. The fee is extra at this point.

I can’t remember the last time a player left on such good terms. Couldn’t be happier for him.

C12A751C-DD9C-4836-89CD-E660983678D0.jpeg

4 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Absolutely. It’s been a fucking brilliant deal for all involved. It genuinely couldn’t have worked out any better. 

Even if John had left on a free he’s repaid us in a Cup, promotion and consistent brilliant performances. The fee is extra at this point.

I can’t remember the last time a player left on such good terms. Couldn’t be happier for him.

C12A751C-DD9C-4836-89CD-E660983678D0.jpeg

In all seriousness, us St Mirren fans know only too well what it feels like to lose your star man. In recent seasons we've had a steady stream of our "star men" leave our club. McLean, McGinn, McAllister, Mallan, Morgan have left us when they were at the top of their game. 

At least now after today's events we look like we'll be properly compensated due to Hibs perseverance in holding firm. 

£3m is a good deal for a player that had one year left on his contract. 

It is also good that St Mirren get a fair chunk for their efforts early on in his career. 

But overall I am chuffed (even with no involvement from an MFC POV) that he did not end up at Celtic. Delighted in fact. Hopefully teaches them a lesson but I doubt it ! 

Edited by welldaft

Said after the Asteras game that he deserves the move. Fair play to him, he's probably earned himself an extra 10k a week by being a pro and playing a blinder in that tie.

Don't see the problem with getting a 6 month loan in.  The money will still be there in January and we will probably get better value for money then, rather than fairly late in a window that everyone knows we have cash ready to replace McGinn with. The club has done really well with loan signings recently too, so not a reason to panic imo.

I agree it seems a bit odd, player style wise. The good thing is, we know Lennon appreciates having one or two b*****ds in midfield. I have faith that we will add someone who can do that. Hopefully Hyndman is an Allan replacement (I assume that won't be an option for a while), which also calms thing down a bit when we go to sign another CM.

30 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Said after the Asteras game that he deserves the move. Fair play to him, he's probably earned himself an extra 10k a week by being a pro and playing a blinder in that tie.

Don't see the problem with getting a 6 month loan in.  The money will still be there in January and we will probably get better value for money then, rather than fairly late in a window that everyone knows we have cash ready to replace McGinn with. The club has done really well with loan signings recently too, so not a reason to panic imo.

I agree it seems a bit odd, player style wise. The good thing is, we know Lennon appreciates having one or two b*****ds in midfield. I have faith that we will add someone who can do that. Hopefully Hyndman is an Allan replacement (I assume that won't be an option for a while), which also calms thing down a bit when we go to sign another CM.

"The club has done really well with loan signings recently"

Yes, but you've blotted your copybook now and you are no longer good for credit in the place you usually shop.

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:
1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:
I’ll let Munoz in on a secret, all the Hibs fans know it’s 33%. You can stop biting to every single post about emoji38.png

I also know no c**t who remotely grudges it.

Nor should you. 

Using the James Maddison and Jack Grealish calculator and factoring in inflation (well, English football inflation), he'll leave Villa in two years time for about £60m and Hibs will get a hefty sell on cut of it.

Then we'll come a-knocking for 33% of that too. :lol: 

5 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Slightly disappointed Villa didn't end up doing one of those Ross Laidlaw(£2.9m) + John McGinn(£100k) bids tbh.

I think that was a go-er until Hibs heard that Bogdan had got a dodgy hip (EEN saying that Laidlaw might have to play tonight).

Looks like we've broken another Glasgow club, lads (and I don't mean Thistle).

DkGwyPiX4Bgpmz0.jpg

27 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

I think that was a go-er until Hibs heard that Bogdan had got a dodgy hip (EEN saying that Laidlaw might have to play tonight).

Looks like we've broken another Glasgow club, lads (and I don't mean Thistle).

DkGwyPiX4Bgpmz0.jpg

8C741F1F-00A8-4AA1-94D1-0E4B295AE614.png 8C741F1F-00A8-4AA1-94D1-0E4B295AE614.png 8C741F1F-00A8-4AA1-94D1-0E4B295AE614.png

Edited by Austinho

10 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

"The club has done really well with loan signings recently"

Yes, but you've blotted your copybook now and you are no longer good for credit in the place you usually shop.

This is, as they say, pish.

The Scott Allan deal in January was a fortunate bit of luck as Celtc desperately wanted Bain

As to players all loaned from Celtc? I think you will find that Maclaren, Kamberi, Hyndman, Barker, Bogdan, Agypong (sp) didn't come from Celtc.

We have a dedicated team that works on nothing but player identification.

Now if you don't mind, we have a European game to worry about later on.