Would any midfielders in Scotland be realistic targets to (potentially) fill the hole left by McGinn and Dylan?
Kamara, Campbell and Magennis are all highly rated but have a feeling their clubs will be wanting more than we will pay...
Any of those 3 would be excellent signings. Short term I'd see zero reason to not go for Mulumbu. Think Kamara is out of contract next season so he's maybe plausible.

If we end up getting a good fee for Mcginn with St Mirren scooping up a hefty sell on percentage that can only help to make other sides be more willing to sell to Hibs. We will have demonstrated that we're in a financial position to demand a high fee.

13 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Any of those 3 would be excellent signings. Short term I'd see zero reason to not go for Mulumbu. Think Kamara is out of contract next season so he's maybe plausible.

If we end up getting a good fee for Mcginn with St Mirren scooping up a hefty sell on percentage that can only help to make other sides be more willing to sell to Hibs. We will have demonstrated that we're in a financial position to demand a high fee.

Yeah Mulumbu slipped my mind there, think Hibs should be talking with him and Rod will be enthusiastic about not having to pay a fee to a club.

Apart from that lot I guess we'd be looking to England for loans, players that have shown potential in league 1 and their club would still accept reasonable fees for, also any good free agents that are left there and from other countries. 

I assume we've been planning for the departure of SJM and Dylan for a while, let's hope the timing doesn't mean the majority of our targets are now more difficult to get.

9 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

Non hibs fan but came on to suggest Campbell would be a good replacement but see it’s already been suggested. Him and a wildcard then put rest of funds into club would be my thinking

For me Campbell is more likely to replace some of the heart and drive that we would lose from the sale of McGinn compared to perhaps Kamara.

Mulumbu is obvious, but I doubt if he would be willing to play another year in Scotland. Maybe he will retire if he doesn't get a big contract somewhere?

Scott Allan would be another obvious one, with using Mallan in a deeper role more often.

An interesting idea a journo put up a couple of weeks ago is Greg Docherty, who seems to have been completely binned by Gerrard. But whether the **** would be willing to loan/sell anything to Hibs is dubious.

Edited by JamesM82

I think Mulumbu is the only player available that’s in the same class as McGinn, he would be a cracking signing and although we’d obviously still miss McGinn, you could argue that we would be just as strong a team.

Failing that I’d be happy with Campbell, Kamara or Magennis but as TGIG has already mentioned clubs will know we have cash on the hip and we’d have to pay over the odds.

5 minutes ago, ShrooTheLookingGlass said:

For me Campbell is more likely to replace some of the heart and drive that we would lose from the sale of McGinn compared to perhaps Kamara.

I agree about the drive, it’ll be the hardest thing to replace. The Mcginn transfer hasn’t just came appeared from nowhere so we’ve got to assume there’s a plan in place for replacements. The whole management team have been very calm throughout so that’s got to be a positive.

Mulumbu is obvious, but I doubt if he would be willing to play another year in Scotland. Maybe he will retire if he doesn't get a big contract somewhere?

Scott Allan would be another obvious one, with using Mallan in a deeper role more often.

An interesting idea a journo put up a couple of weeks ago is Greg Docherty, who seems to have been completely binned by Gerrard. But whether the **** would be willing to loan/sell anything to Hibs is dubious.

I'm not fussed about Allan. Mallan is absolutely fine in that position. Only way I'd have wanted to get Allan in was if we'd made the group stage of the Europa League. That's a bit more distant prospect than at this time yesterday...

My thoughts about Mulumbu is that he'd be looking to play whenever he's fit. That might not be something he'd be getting offered in many places that would be a step up from Kilmarnock. If McGinn goes from Hibs we'd be offering him that level of responsibility and it would be in a squad that you don't have to wishcast too much to think could well be challenging for a trophy. I don't think he's ever won a thing in his career?

Chuck in a 250k offer for Allan.  We can just get him on a precontract in January anyway.  But Hibs might as well let lesser clubs benefit from be green pound.  Hopefully he #handsitin because he’s #Bornahibee

Was hoping it would of been a prem team but Villa are as big as they come in the championship with bags of money and I like Steve Bruce. Glad it's not one of those shitty championship clubs like Reading, Cardiff etc that McGinn might turn down for a go at Celtic.. I think Villa is a big enough for John to try his hand down South

Edited by Bohemian

Chuck in a 250k offer for Allan.  We can just get him on a precontract in January anyway.  But Hibs might as well let lesser clubs benefit from be green pound.  Hopefully he #handsitin because he’s #Bornahibee

Nah, 50k bid for Griffiths.

We should also make sure that it's clear that he only wants to sign for Hibs and its a bit cunty from Celtic not letting him get his dream move.

Magennis is a cracking player and as a Buddie we know something about good midfielders. However he has just extended his contract until 2021 as Jack Ross was supposedly sniffing about so we would be looking for a fair wedge for him.