Looks like Celtc have thrown the huff and won’t be making an improved offer for McGinn unless someone else comes in for him. Imagine Hibs having the cheek to knock back the mighty Celtc? Lawell must be fuming. 

It won’t happen, but McGinn staying and signing an improved deal to ensure we get cash for him in January/next summer would be ideal and also give us a right good laugh at all the Celtc fans that are so confident they’ll be taking him for nothing on a pre contract.

37 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Looks like Celtc have thrown the huff and won’t be making an improved offer for McGinn unless someone else comes in for him. Imagine Hibs having the cheek to knock back the mighty Celtc? Lawell must be fuming. 

It won’t happen, but McGinn staying and signing an improved deal to ensure we get cash for him in January/next summer would be ideal and also give us a right good laugh at all the Celtc fans that are so confident they’ll be taking him for nothing on a pre contract.

Somebody on another forum suggesting "its a done deal" and its a wadge of cash, Allan perm and Christie on loan - and that the money side and value of the deal (how much goes to St M) is the only sticking point.

I dont know - part of me would be pretty pissed off if he left now, much rather he went down south - however those players would help us - need another DM with a bit of bite about him though, and perhaps spend the remainder on some defenders as half of them posted missing so far this season......... 

34 minutes ago, Zing. said:

I dont know any Celtic fan thats confident of signing him, some even aren't that fussed about him. Even though we are the only bidders so far but a lowly EPL could blow us out the water with wages and pay him 30 grand a week where as we would offer 15 tops I would say as he wouldnt be a first team pick initially. The comment about Lawell fuming is bizarre he’s always ran a tight ship at Celtic so this won’t be the first time he’s told to bolt.  

Good let’s move on. Although I’m pretty sure this is just another part of the mind games in the deal. They’ll work something out which is acceptable for all parties. Again though, I’m more than happy for him to stay and leave for nothing. He’s a top player.

On 29/07/2018 at 09:36, gannonball said:

I dont know any Celtic fan thats confident of signing him, some even aren't that fussed about him. Even though we are the only bidders so far but a lowly EPL could blow us out the water with wages and pay him 30 grand a week where as we would offer 15 tops I would say as he wouldnt be a first team pick initially. The comment about Lawell fuming is bizarre he’s always ran a tight ship at Celtic so this won’t be the first time he’s told to bolt.  

Would Celtic pay wages of anything close to £15k a week to a player who wouldn’t play every week? I know Celtic could pay those wages if they wanted but I would think that even if McGinn was coming in as a first choice it would be in the £7k-£10k bracket, which would be at least double his wages at Hibs. 

2 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Would Celtic pay wages of anything close to £15k a week to a player who wouldn’t play every week? I know Celtic could pay those wages if they wanted but I would think that even if McGinn was coming in as a first choice it would be in the £7k-£10k bracket, which would be at least double his wages at Hibs. 

I did say say tops but aim guessing it would be more around 10 basic, if hes running down his contract he could quite easliy get 30 grand a week down south so Celtic may be forced to offer 15. Wouldn’t blame him if he chooses England.

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I did say say tops but aim guessing it would be more around 10 basic, if hes running down his contract he could quite easliy get 30 grand a week down south so Celtic may be forced to offer 15. Wouldn’t blame him if he chooses England.

If he has any ambition that is exactly where he will go.

33 minutes ago, Cumdog35 said:

If he has any ambition that is exactly where he will go.

Going to the EPL via Celtic for me is a proven route these days. I think playing with better and fitter players, Champions league football etc can only stand a player in good stead. 

1 hour ago, Cumdog35 said:

Anyone here off to Greece? I reaaaaaally wanted to go, but my mate decided to get married on Friday ffs 

Nope, Im on holiday and its going to be difficult enough to slope off and watch it on the laptop on thursday.

If we get thru, Molde is an expensive one, only been in Norway once and the boozers are eye wateringly expensive.

Might just wait for the group stages :lol: