19 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Stevie Mallan on the corners and freekicks lads

681F96A9-C084-41E1-A94A-EFD43D67F9D0.png.81748818bec4bcab85b963c88878b84a.png

Top quality from dead balls.

Mallan is a fantastic signing for Hibs. Really thought he'd make it down south but it was just the wrong club.

Guessing there's no fee involved? Think we have a 20% sell on.

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Top quality from dead balls.

Mallan is a fantastic signing for Hibs. Really thought he'd make it down south but it was just the wrong club.

Guessing there's no fee involved? Think we have a 20% sell on.

Being reported that we’ve agreed a fee for him so St Mirren will be due something. 

I remember him scoring a couple of really good goals when he was with you. Is he a central midfielder or more attacking? 

Edited by Zing.

24 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Being reported that we’ve agreed a fee for him so St Mirren will be due something. 

I remember him scoring a couple of really good goals when he was with you. Is he a central midfielder or more attacking? 

He'll score you some belters. 

He's played extensively in both roles but is far more effective as an attacking mid, the game would pass him by in a deeper role as he simply isn't suited to it. Definitely technically sound but not the type to go about with a bit of dig unless he's learned to do so in the last 12 months. If Hibs are looking for or expecting him to be a direct replacement for McGinn and to do the graft and have the same bite in midfield, then Mallan will disappoint. 

If on the other hand, they're looking for top notch set piece delivery, a creative eye for a through ball and a genuine and constant threat any time he sets down a free kick within 25 yards of goal and an eye for scoring some fucking sublime goals, he's your boy. 

4 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

5% sell-on fee for St Mirren I'm hearing.

You'll not get a bite on this one. Bear in mind that in a move straight out of the tinpot thread, Barnsley initially submitted the offer for Stevie not to St Mirren but directly to Div so we know what the sell on is. :lol:

28 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He'll score you some belters. 

He's played extensively in both roles but is far more effective as an attacking mid, the game would pass him by in a deeper role as he simply isn't suited to it. Definitely technically sound but not the type to go about with a bit of dig unless he's learned to do so in the last 12 months. If Hibs are looking for or expecting him to be a direct replacement for McGinn and to do the graft and have the same bite in midfield, then Mallan will disappoint. 

If on the other hand, they're looking for top notch set piece delivery, a creative eye for a through ball and a genuine and constant threat any time he sets down a free kick within 25 yards of goal and an eye for scoring some fucking sublime goals, he's your boy. 

You'll not get a bite on this one. Bear in mind that in a move straight out of the tinpot thread, Barnsley initially submitted the offer for Stevie not to St Mirren but directly to Div so we know what the sell on is. :lol:

Cheers for the info. Our midfield is going to be full of swashbuckling #ballers if we sign Scott Allan as well then. Defending is overrated anyway.

I wouldn't get too excited on the say so of St Mirren fans. I'm still bitter about being duped by friends who assured me that Ricky Gilles would  be a cracking signing for the dons. They have low expectations and low standards, even compared with hibs.

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

I wouldn't get too excited on the say so of St Mirren fans. I'm still bitter about being duped by friends who assured me that Ricky Gilles would  be a cracking signing for the dons. They have low expectations and low standards, even compared with hibs.

Aye, Kenny McLean was a load of shite as well.

10 hours ago, Zing. said:

Sell-on fees are usually a percentage of profit. Barnsley paid £200K for Mallan, so it's highly unlikely that they've made a profit by selling him to Hibs.

Mallan is a fantastic signing for us - 4 year deal. 

If we can get Scott Allan and Jamie Maclaren back in (both looking likely) as well as signing Daryl Horgan, we are going to be looking in very good shape (again) for next season, never mind further (likely) signings.  I think Swanson will play a much bigger part this season, so having Swanson,  Mallan,  Allan, Slivka, Boyle and Horgan as midfield options is not bad at all.   Still think there is more to come on top of that!