Sky sports reporting we’ve turned down a bit from Celtic for McGinn. Looks like it’s about to get interesting.

Hibs possibly wanting more than just Scott Allan, could Morgan be going out on loan for a season...

I’d take something near £2m, Allan permanently and someone else on loan. Need it sorted asap. Then we can move on and get others in the door. MacLaren surely a good shout to return when we sell McGinn. Mallan another rumoured target that could cost a bit.

interesting to see what players Hibs can get as part of a deal. indeed you'd think one permanent, one loan and £1.5m in the hipper would be a deal.

Of course £500k to St Mirren but still a decent deal there overall if the loan is zero contribution.

Hearing it is likely to be a £2.5m double deal for John McGinn and Simon Murray.

£2.4M for Murray and £100k for McGinn.

Around £30,000 to the Maureens.

Clever accounting from Hibs IMO (in my opinion).

I couldn't be less ITK about this but I really can't see Allan coming to us on a permanent deal this window. Ideal situation for him would surely involve going out on loan (hopefully to us) while he's getting a wage that nobody else is going to give him atm. Unless the deal involves Celtic paying up his contract, I can only see him joining us next year on loan.

Unless I'm wrong and there's a chubby baller on sale, I'd want a fair whack more than £1.5m.

10 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Hearing it is likely to be a £2.5m double deal for John McGinn and Simon Murray.

Saints would actually get nothing in that scenario. The 33% sell on is clause is on profit only and they paid £120K for him :P

Well done, you managed to get a zoomer on B&WA to believe that and quote you.

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:
10 hours ago, Szamo said:

Imagine believing they'd actually get something! As Div says, it's only 33% of any profit.

16 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:
10 hours ago, Szamo said:

Only the zoomer did say probably a load of shite. 

19 minutes ago, elvis said:

Only the zoomer did say probably a load of shite. 

FFS guys chill. You are not going to be ripped off by Hibs. Unless St Mirren's lawyer is an 8 year old child with special needs, he/she will have this scenario covered. The real potential rip-off here is that Celtic, having pocketed £7m for a merely decent Armstrong and are now reportedly offering - presumably with a straight face - £1.5m for a game changer like McGinn. If you don't get as big a top-up as you had hoped, it will be because Celtic have managed to strong-arm their reserve team into accepting sweeties for one of Scotland's best.

Edited by Pet Jeden