HSL has 2 seats on the charter up for grabs.....

We are delighted to offer supporters the fantastic opportunity to fly with the team to the Faroe Islands for just £15.

Supporters who make a one off donation of at least £15 to HSL during the period from 25th June until 28th June will have their names included in a draw. The lucky winner will be able to nominate a friend to join him/her on the Official Club charter flight leaving Edinburgh late on 17th July and returning immediately after the match on the 19th July. HSL have arranged a twin room in central Torshavn (to be paid for separately).

We are delighted that the Club have given us this opportunity to raise additional funding to support our European ambitions so we are reaching out to all our Members, at least, to support this by making a one off donation. Please feel free to donate more than £15 if you are in a position to do so.

To make this donation go to https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

Very rarely do you have a win/win situation. If your name is drawn out the hat, that’s great, but if not you have still helped generate more funds for Neil and the team.

Please note that seats are only available to supporters who are 18 or over.

HSL

5 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Speaking Hypothetically, if say Derby came in with a 2 million pound bid, and Glasgow Celtic came in with 1 million, I’d expect us to sell to Celtic based on a catholic discount system. We have a special relationship with the Tim Malloys that both clubs benefit from.

Plus we’d all still get to watch John play every second week.

Brilliant. Very sharp.  Laughing man thingy

But seriously, you are bound to have a special relationship with them because, as I did point out to you, Hibernian modelled themselves on Celtic when they started up in 1893.

Okay - I'm going.

Brilliant. Very sharp.  Laughing man thingy

But seriously, you are bound to have a special relationship with them because, as I did point out to you, Hibernian modelled themselves on Celtic when they started up in 1893.

Okay - I'm going.

Totally, and the thing is if your going to model yourself on anyone then you model yourself on the best your country has to offer, and the best our country has to offer is Glasgow Celtic Football Club.

Hibernian F.C.C - Edinburgh’s oldest and most successful football club club.

8 hours ago, The_Tache said:

I'm not sure if anyone on here  is heading over to the Faroe's but thought I'd post anyway.  I'm running a bus from The Irish Pub in Torshavn (leaving 5.30) to the game in Toftir and back straight after the game for £15 return.  If anyone is interested give me a message, only a couple of seats left.

Tell me. 

Have you ever tried doing the washing up without washing up liquid.

These are products we simply cannot do without.

It's not a pyramid, it's a Trapezoid.

4 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Totally, and the thing is if your going to model yourself on anyone then you model yourself on the best your country has to offer, and the best our country has to offer is Glasgow Celtic Football Club.

Hibernian F.C.C - Edinburgh’s oldest and most successful football club club.

No argument on the first point. Since Fergus McCann, easliy the best run club in the country.

The second point though - self-delusion.

Fact are chiels that winna ding

No argument on the first point. Since Fergus McCann, easliy the best run club in the country. The second point though - self-delusion. Fact are chiels that winna ding

Well since being founded in 1893 we are 12 years older than Heart Of Midlothian after the latter were wound up in 1905 so I’m definitely correct on the oldest part. 

As for more successful, well a Hearts fans idea of success is obviously different from a Hibs fans. At Hibs we pride ourselves on winning trophies and competing at the top end of the table and in the business end of cup competitions. Whereas Hearts fans are more “we’ve actually made the top 6 this year, quick get the champagne out” and celebrating corner kicks and throw ins. It’s very hard to compare two totally different mindsets.

I was speaking to someone at mass yesterday who said to me “Dom if you think about it, we went over to Brazil in the 1950s and totally revolutionised the way the play football, they actually modelled their game on Hibs from then onwards....so don’t you think you could actually count Brazil’s major Honours as ours as well!?”......I let out a slight snigger and made eye contact with him before saying “yeah, Yeah we actually could couldn’t we?”

Now I’m not going to sit here and say Hibs have won Word Cups but when you think about it, Hibs have won word cups.

On 24/06/2018 at 22:34, Fraser Fyvie said:

I’ve heard it’s a straight swap for a couple of players from Celtic, meaning St Mirren won’t even get their 10%. Gutting for them tbh.

Maybe Saint Mirren should get the Celtic players for a third of the games. :P

1 hour ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Well since being founded in 1893 we are 12 years older than Heart Of Midlothian after the latter were wound up in 1905 so I’m definitely correct on the oldest part. 

As for more successful, well a Hearts fans idea of success is obviously different from a Hibs fans. At Hibs we pride ourselves on winning trophies and competing at the top end of the table and in the business end of cup competitions. Whereas Hearts fans are more “we’ve actually made the top 6 this year, quick get the champagne out” and celebrating corner kicks and throw ins. It’s very hard to compare two totally different mindsets.

I was speaking to someone at mass yesterday who said to me “Dom if you think about it, we went over to Brazil in the 1950s and totally revolutionised the way the play football, they actually modelled their game on Hibs from then onwards....so don’t you think you could actually count Brazil’s major Honours as ours as well!?”......I let out a slight snigger and made eye contact with him before saying “yeah, Yeah we actually could couldn’t we?”

Now I’m not going to sit here and say Hibs have won Word Cups but when you think about it, Hibs have won word cups.

You are absolutely right about Hibs teaching Brazil everything they know. There are regular Friday night fights in bars in Rio over whether Rivelino  or Arthur Duncan was better.

Edited by Pet Jeden

You are absolutely right about Hibs teaching Brazil everything they know. There are regular Friday night fights in bars over whether Rivelino  or Arthur Duncan was better.

You can’t really compare an attacking midfielder such as Rivelino with an American tap dancer imo.

19 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

You can’t really compare an attacking midfielder such as Rivelino with an American tap dancer imo.

That’s true. But you could compare Duncan the tap dancer to Duncan the football player. The tap dancer had a better final ball.

Well since being founded in 1893 we are 12 years older than Heart Of Midlothian after the latter were wound up in 1905 so I’m definitely correct on the oldest part. As for more successful, well a Hearts fans idea of success is obviously different from a Hibs fans. At Hibs we pride ourselves on winning trophies and competing at the top end of the table and in the business end of cup competitions. Whereas Hearts fans are more “we’ve actually made the top 6 this year, quick get the champagne out” and celebrating corner kicks and throw ins. It’s very hard to compare two totally different mindsets.

I’m tearing up here, Dom.

Even though it was me that said that to you, seeing it written like that is.. just.. wow.

I’m tearing up here, Dom.

Even though it was me that said that to you, seeing it written like that is.. just.. wow.

I was going to name you mate but thought a cautious approach was best, especially after we all used to reminisce about the 80s/early 90s on here running with the mob, I thought it best to keep names off the forum, you know what the OB are like for scouring social media nowadays. Hibs posters were banned and posts deleted last time as well, including a lad (HB75) we’ve all know since the glory days. Boy could he handle himself.

I was going to name you mate but thought a cautious approach was best, especially after we all used to reminisce about the 80s/early 90s on here running with the mob, I thought it best to keep names off the forum, you know what the OB are like for scouring social media nowadays. Hibs posters were banned and posts deleted last time as well, including a lad (HB75) we’ve all know since the glory days. Boy could he handle himself.

I know mate, I don’t usually like mixing our real life with online personas but I had to comment on that, absolutely beautiful and what a chat we had last night.

The OB have spent years chasing us buddy, but funny you mention Aitch Bee (or HB as we call him in the firm).

Hibees Bounce was literally what he done. Bouncing on c***s screaming HIBEES at the top of his lungs. Our motto was always ‘never do someone on the deck’ but you know what he was like mate, when the adrenaline started flowing he was like a caged tiger unleashed on a gazelle ha ha.

I know mate, I don’t usually like mixing our real life with online personas but I had to comment on that, absolutely beautiful and what a chat we had last night.

The OB have spent years chasing us buddy, but funny you mention Aitch Bee (or HB as we call him in the firm).

Hibees Bounce was literally what he done. Bouncing on c***s screaming HIBEES at the top of his lungs. Our motto was always ‘never do someone on the deck’ but you know what he was like mate, when the adrenaline started flowing he was like a caged tiger unleashed on a gazelle ha ha.

Was a great catch up mate, i do look forward to mass on a Sunday.

I found that out to my cost just how much a handful HB was in the summer of 93 outside the persy, think you where there actually, and I was just having a laugh n that you know what I’m like when I have a few bubblegum daiquiris in me a like to take the piss, nothing malicious just how lads are when they’re out and about, and Do you remember they pink zx600s he got imported form Canada ? I said they where Joey Blake’s* and that he got them from the kirkate, HB took it the wrong way and put me on my arse with one blow. But it was that streak that was invaluable when the chips were down and we were up against it.

*fakes

Was a great catch up mate, i do look forward to mass on a Sunday.

I found that out to my cost just how much a handful HB was in the summer of 93 outside the persy, think you where there actually, and I was just having a laugh n that you know what I’m like when I have a few bubblegum daiquiris in me a like to take the piss, nothing malicious just how lads are when they’re out and about, and Do you remember they pink zx600s he got imported form Canada ? I said they where Joey Blake’s* and that he got them from the kirkate, HB took it the wrong way and put me on my arse with one blow. But it was that streak that was invaluable when the chips were down and we were up against it.

*fakes

You and those bubblegum daiquiris ffs, what a day that was.

I’m sure TGIG and Hendo were there that day as well and with each daiquiri you had (pretty sure you put away 8 within 2.5 hrs) we could sense you were getting close to calling him out on the zx600s.

That was the thing about us though mate, have an argument bang sort it out then that’s it.

Do you not mind that time we started dashing outside the 4IH (Four in hand) about whether Chic Charnley should’ve been in the Scotland squad? The things we used to get heated about :lol:

You and those bubblegum daiquiris ffs, what a day that was.

I’m sure TGIG and Hendo were there that day as well and with each daiquiri you had (pretty sure you put away 8 within 2.5 hrs) we could sense you were getting close to calling him out on the zx600s.

That was the thing about us though mate, have an argument bang sort it out then that’s it.

Do you not mind that time we started dashing outside the 4IH (Four in hand) about whether Chic Charnley should’ve been in the Scotland squad? The things we used to get heated about :lol:

Say that what you want about the persevere but they done a Barry Bubblegum daiquiri. Aye there was a good few lads on here that were present that day, to my embarrassment lol,

I remember it like it was yesterday pal, As you say mate the arguments could get heated but they were sorted then on the spot with no bitterness. We could be at each other’s froats one minute then standing side by side steaming in to rangers the next.

These colours don’t run indeed, especially HB’s fake ZX’s

If your reading this HB I couldn’t resist mate haha

I'd take that in a heartbeat but as Zing said I can't see them loaning Morgan out considering they bought him last season and loaned him back to Saints. Id probably file it under pish tbh
We would only sell Morgan if we were guaranteed to get him back on loan. Forrest offered us more money for him but weren't willing to loan him back.
I’ve heard it’s a straight swap for a couple of players from Celtic, meaning St Mirren won’t even get their 10%. Gutting for them tbh.
33% [emoji39].

That would be really gutting [emoji37].

Will Mallan finally sign for the Hibees this window?

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

We would only sell Morgan if we were guaranteed to get him back on loan. Forrest offered us more money for him but weren't willing to loan him back.33% emoji39.png.

That would be really gutting emoji37.png.

Will Mallan finally sign for the Hibees this window?

All this stuff about St Mirren getting diddled out of their sell-on cut will just be internet pish. St Mirren will have been reperesented by lawyers in the sale and it will cover what is , after all, not an unheard of situation, by either referring to the "consideration" for Morgan ( which is not just cash ) or having an arbitration clause that works out what a swap player is worth. For good measure there will be something about acting in good faith. And the SFA have a role in overseeing these contracts/sales ?

While it is tempting to have a pop at Celtic, I can't imagine  they would want to trash their reputation for straight-dealing  by conniving with Hibs just to diddle St Mirren out of a few hundred thousand - which is absolute chicken feed to Celtic. If McGinn goes to Celtic, St Mirren will get their cut.

And, should add, I can't see Hibs getting involved in any such nonsense.

Edited by Pet Jeden

All this stuff about St Mirren getting diddled out of their sell-on cut will just be internet pish. St Mirren will have been reperesented by lawyers in the sale and it will cover what is , after all, not an unheard of situation, by either referring to the "consideration" for Morgan ( which is not just cash ) or having an arbitration clause that works out what a swap player is worth. For good measure there will be something about acting in good faith. And the SFA have a role in overseeing these contracts/sales ?
While it is tempting to have a pop at Celtic, I can't imagine  they would want to trash their reputation for straight-dealing  by conniving with Hibs just to diddle St Mirren out of a few hundred thousand - which is absolute chicken feed to Celtic. If McGinn goes to Celtic, St Mirren will get their cut.
And, should add, I can't see Hibs getting involved in any such nonsense.
If Hibs attempted it they would be fucked for ever getting someone with a sell on fee attached ever again.