Kenny Millar reckons we'll get Whittaker. Add him with the signings of Ambrose and Marciano plus a few more in midfield/striker positions and we'll have the league wrapped up by March. 

Edited by Zing.

Whittaker left back and were talking.  Hearts have Christophe Berra mind who was torn to shreds off some non league pish and some striker from some non league pish so they might snatch a draw in a derby at home.  It's what they do. 

With rumours of Steven Whittaker's return to us being imminent, I find it laughable that a huge segment of our support seem to be under the pretense that Whittaker would be an understudy to David Gray.

Whittaker is a far superior player who only twelve months ago; was an English Premier League player. As much as I have massive appreciation for Gray, I have to say that at times last season, he was our weak link.

With rumours of Steven Whittaker's return to us being imminent, I find it laughable that a huge segment of our support seem to be under the pretense that Whittaker would be an understudy to David Gray.

Whittaker is a far superior player who only twelve months ago; was an English Premier League player. As much as I have massive appreciation for Gray, I have to say that at times last season, he was our weak link.

I think we're going to be playing a 3-5-2, and I think Whittaker will be played on both flanks with him replacing Gray and Stevenson a third of the time. Whittaker is not young, neither is Gray. Asking them to play as wing backs all season is not realistic cause that's a c**t of a shift.

Looking at the squad a 3-5-2 makes sense. We're short of wingers, but we've got a decent set of central midfielders. Mcginn, Bartley and Mcgeouch is well balanced for playing a 3 in there. You get control via Mcgeouch, a physical blocking presence with Bartley and a bundle of energy with Mcginn. That leaves Swanson to either play off the striker or out wide cutting in.