Incident at London Bridge

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tartantony said:

Coming from the guy who has already made a c**t of himself by claiming the tartan army are worse than these terrorists. This isn't the time for your wee witty put downs.

I stand by that. The Tartan Army are utter vermin. 

8 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

A Celtic fan defending a racist and xenophobe. Who would've guessed?

3 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

If I need the advice of someone who doesn't know the definition of racism you'll be the first to know.

1 minute ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

If I ever need the advice of a defender of racists and xenophobes you'll be the first to know.

State of this.

Eyewitness on BBC news said he was on south side of London Bridge and three people got out of the van that had just ran over pedestrians. He said as they were attacking people they were shouting "this is for allah".

Racist/xenophobic post IMO.

5 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

If you're so confident everyone is wrong, are we on for £100? Proceeds to the victims of Manchester attack. You seem very confident this isn't the work of Islamic extremists.

I think I'll wait for the evidence to emerge, consider that evidence and then reach considered conclusions. Is that ok with you?

Were the van attack and stabbings not the same incident? From what I've seen, it seems that they drove onto the pavement, jumped out and started attacking people. Can't watch tele at the moment.

That looks like what's happened - rather than separate attacks.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I don't think denying the involvement of Islam helps though.

That just seems like denial.

Agreed but this is nothing new. We saw a similar reaction in the black community to stop and search in London in the 90s when trying to combat knife crime despite statistics showing the majority of cases were "black on black".

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I don't think denying the involvement of Islam helps though.

That just seems like denial.

It kind of does help when you literally don't know anything about the perpetrator(s), though. 

Agreed but this is nothing new. We saw a similar reaction in the black community to stop and search in London in the 90s when trying to combat knife crime despite statistics showing the majority of cases were "black on black".

I take your point, but there's a big, big difference between the two examples.

I would implore people to listen to the talks of Sam Harris in regards to religion and in particular Islam. He's a much smarter man than me and can articulate it better than me but he really eloquently states the problems with having religions in the modern world.

And before anyone jumps down my throat for - heaven forbid - mentioning Islam, in all likelihood this was another act of Islamic terrorism. And, even if it wasn't, you should all still go and pay attention to the things Sam Harris is saying anyway.

2 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

What's the fucking end game man?

Carry on with the slaughter until everyone is dead except Field Marshall Haig, Lady Haig and their tortoise, Alan.....

Just now, kilbowie2002 said:

Donald Trumps first tweet in response was to call for the Travel ban despite not knowing anything about the attackers... The right wing morons are looking to make significant capital from this.

Happy to being a 'right wing moron' here and also one who has said often. "don't judge a book by its cover"

The true truth is that something fucking reeks in British Islam and that there needs to be more self-policing.  We've seen this in Westminster and Manchester and even if the attackers are British-born there is something reprehensible here.

There comes a time when you have to play the man rather than the ball.

I think I'll wait for the evidence to emerge, consider that evidence and then reach considered conclusions. Is that ok with you?

Absolutely. As long as you give £100 to the Manchester fund if it is proven that this was carried out by Islamic extremists. As you were quick enough to brand people racists and xenophobes for stating so.

Archived