Incident at London Bridge

That would be the most exciting fete since one when I was a lad. A fire engine got stuck in some mud. Then another fire engine got stuck. Then the farmer had to come along and pull them out with his tractor.

I'm pretty certain I watched that episode of fireman Sam yesterday.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm pretty certain I watched that episode of fireman Sam yesterday.

That was one of the greatest days of my childhood. Almost as exciting as the neds lobbing loads of fireworks into the bonfire on bonfire night.

Just now, pandarilla said:

Or the day a dog ran into your school?

Or getting to go outside and draw the hills. Anyway, I've forgotten about how this links to terrorism. I had such a heavy Saturday I think I'm brain damaged.

A John McClane/Mike Banning type person is what we need to sort these terrorist hoors out. Even get Sgt Al Powell to head up the police force.

In other news, Daily Mail site (yeah yeah I know), a guy caught up in the melee in London decided to confront said terrorists by hurling "f**k you, I'm Millwall" before getting steamed in about them. London's answer to Smeato.

Apparently one of the passers who fought back shouted "f**k you, I'm Millwall".  He was stabbed five times, he's OK though.

Millwall v ISIS, let's 'ave it you fackin' muggy cahnts.

What good would deporting folk actually do anyway? The issue here is an ideology and the conversion of folk to said ideology. Punting folk to a different country doesn't take the ideology with them and won't stop them being able to spread it. 

It's also a bit of a shit premise in that you're firing someone off to a different country so that they could potential commit atrocities there instead of closer to home. It's like you don't give a shit about the folk in the country where someone is being deported to, like they are expendable whilst people closer to home aren't. Is there some sort of radius in which people should be protected, but folk outwith that radius are utterly expendable? If I provide a map, will someone who supports the deportation idea draw this circle for me?

I think the attitude of deporting folk doesn't begin to address the issues, and just pushes a problem out of sight and on to others.

Interesting how Boris had a bit of a go at Rudd and the domestic security agencies when this italian/morrocan fellow was flagged by the Italians to us (his responsibility).

So for clarity, all 5 of the attackers in the 3 recent attacks were or should have been known to the UK security services.

Corbyn loves the IRA though.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What good would deporting folk actually do anyway? The issue here is an ideology and the conversion of folk to said ideology. Punting folk to a different country doesn't take the ideology with them and won't stop them being able to spread it. 

It's also a bit of a shit premise in that you're firing someone off to a different country so that they could potential commit atrocities there instead of closer to home. It's like you don't give a shit about the folk in the country where someone is being deported to, like they are expendable whilst people closer to home aren't. Is there some sort of radius in which people should be protected, but folk outwith that radius are utterly expendable? If I provide a map, will someone who supports the deportation idea draw this circle for me?

I think the attitude of deporting folk doesn't begin to address the issues, and just pushes a problem out of sight and on to others.

Send them to Arran. I quite like the idea of lots of angry jihadis being eaten by midges and angrily shaking their fists at passing ships. They'd soon get bored and start selling artisan arts and crafts like everyone else there.

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Man tries to attack police with hammer. Police shoot man with hammer.

Would've been better shooting him with a gun IMO.

Lololololol

Archived