Incident at London Bridge

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

It just seems to be taking longer than usual to identify everyone.

My only theory is the good looking Aussie girl thought she wouldn't need any plastic for drink or taxis.

Not sure if we are using this for all current terrorism but the Islamic State have claimed responsibility for an ongoing attack on the Iranian Parliament and the Mausoleum of the Ayatollah Khomeni in Tehran. 

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Not sure if we are using this for all current terrorism but the Islamic State have claimed responsibility for an ongoing attack on the Iranian Parliament and the Mausoleum of the Ayatollah Khomeni in Tehran. 

With all these goings-on, it might be time to request a new "Terrorism" sub-forum. 

Re deporting folk; my main argument isn't that it will be a bit of shitter that it just moves the person(s) to another country and says "You deal with them", although that is definitely a valid point.

No, my main point is that it doesn't deal with the issue, that issue being the ideology that drives people to commit such acts of terrorism. You deport someone and that particular person may not be able to blow themselves and others up or go on some mad killing spree, but that doesn't mean others won't simply take their place. That person is still 'radicalised' and can still spread that message, and can recruit others to their cause. Plenty of other people remain in the country who can be radicalised, or indeed may already be but haven't yet appeared on any sort of 'watch list'. There could also be an argument that deporting folk would just inflame things, as it can be used and twisted to claim that certain people are being treated unfairly etc.

Deportation just attempts to push the problem(s) out of sight, like putting unopened bills in a drawer and not looking at them.

Re deporting folk; my main argument isn't that it will be a bit of shitter that it just moves the person(s) to another country and says "You deal with them", although that is definitely a valid point.
No, my main point is that it doesn't deal with the issue, that issue being the ideology that drives people to commit such acts of terrorism. You deport someone and that particular person may not be able to blow themselves and others up or go on some mad killing spree, but that doesn't mean others won't simply take their place. That person is still 'radicalised' and can still spread that message, and can recruit others to their cause. Plenty of other people remain in the country who can be radicalised, or indeed may already be but haven't yet appeared on any sort of 'watch list'. There could also be an argument that deporting folk would just inflame things, as it can be used and twisted to claim that certain people are being treated unfairly etc.
Deportation just attempts to push the problem(s) out of sight, like putting unopened bills in a drawer and not looking at them.

I think I may use that last paragraph as a response to all the "shoot them/ deport them brigade on my FB, well said.

19 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I agree with DA on this, we shouldn't export terrorists to other countries, especially home grown ones. The Pakistani mastermind referred to arrived in Britain at the age of 5. What we need is clearer laws on what level of support for terrorist organisations or ideology allows the courts to bang people up.

Maybe we can't just send them to some other country but what about a variation of the program "Love Island", which would be called "Hate Island", where they could spend all their time just blowing each other up. 

I would suggest Ilha da Queimada Grande in Brazil (also known as Snake Island).

4 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Maybe we can't just send them to some other country but what about a variation of the program "Love Island", which would be called "Hate Island", where they could spend all their time just blowing each other up. 

I would suggest Ilha da Queimada Grande in Brazil (also known as Snake Island).

Only if all 'reality' type shows can be held there, and all people who want to have anything to do with such shows (including watching) have to live there.

4 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

With all these goings-on, it might be time to request a new "Terrorism" sub-forum. 

It could be a good way to snare potential terrorists. P&B could replace Mumsnet as the nation's moral compass. We could have threads such as "What's your favourite type of van for committing atrocities?" Pccabe could then monitor the replies and arrest the jihadis.

10 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It could be a good way to snare potential terrorists. P&B could replace Mumsnet as the nation's moral compass. We could have threads such as "What's your favourite type of van for committing atrocities?" Pccabe could then monitor the replies and arrest the jihadis.

"What type of knife do you prefer for the more intimate aspects of the job?" 

31 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

An alteration to the pram design... it explodes when you insert your penis.

Have you just suggest a suicide pram? 

Archived