Incident at London Bridge

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Hopefully this will stop the " we all stand together and will show the terrorists how strong we are " pish.

They can pick off innocent people whenever they want in a hinder different ways.

And you would do what about it instead?

There fundamentally isnt a thing we can do to stop people using vehicles as a weapon without entirely separating all pedestrian and vehicle traffic in the UK. We either accept that and 'stand together' whilst hoping the security services successfully identify the sort of crackpots who do that sort of thing before they actually do it or you hide in your house and never leave it. I know which approach I think is better.

Patronising from BBC News woman when speaking to eye witness in a state of shock who reported gunfire. People in this situation "often think" they hear gunfire. Was her response from the safety of her studio.

And you would do what about it instead?
There fundamentally isnt a thing we can do to stop people using vehicles as a weapon without entirely separating all pedestrian and vehicle traffic in the UK. We either accept that and 'stand together' whilst hoping the security services successfully identify the sort of crackpots who do that sort of thing before they actually do it or you hide in your house and never leave it. I know which approach I think is better.

I don't think his point was about the stand together bit. It's stuff like saying we're stronger than terrorists etc that's unnecessary. Just don't speak about them.

It is a brutal way of looking at it but it might spur on some of them.

Supposedly a group of people that's done this.

1 minute ago, Fratelli said:

Scary. It's becoming an all to familiar scenario this.

Without meaning to get hysterical and spread shite, am i mental for having a wee bit of apprehension for Scotland vs England next week? 

Yes, but not for the reason you're thinking of.

Without meaning to get hysterical and spread shite, am i mental for having a wee bit of apprehension about Scotland vs England next week? 

No you're not mental. I'm feeling the same to be honest with you. My wife seems to be more worried than I am though

3 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Without meaning to get hysterical and spread shite, am i mental for having a wee bit of apprehension about Scotland vs England next week? 

The Tartan Army a thousand times more despicable than any terrorist tbf. 

Not going to put me off.

Security is superb at Hampden. Last week our queue was held up in the pissing rain while we got a full search completed. Which is fine.

Celtic fans still managed to get in with flares though. So you will be fine if you are going to the West Stand like me.

2 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Without meaning to get hysterical and spread shite, am i mental for having a wee bit of apprehension for Scotland vs England next week? 

Scotland v England as a high profile major crowd event is clearly a potential target. I am going and taking my 7 year old to his first Scotland game. I would still intend to. Like I said above you cant hide in the house forever. Whether his mother thinks the same remains to be seen though!

6 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

After November's result, you're not the only one.

Archived