"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Vigurs and Polworth ran the show against Falkirk tonight and the latter had more than a few sublime interventions.

There were so many goals that my memory betrays me, but for one through ball, from more than a few, there was an immediate murmur of discontent at the moment the ball left Liam's foot. Turns out that the pass was inspired and resulted in a great goal. 

Just what is it with the soul destroying negativity that pervades and moves some, that let's not forget, have paid good money to be entertained, to jump on and anti-celebrate at every opportunity? Are they unfulfilled physically and philosophically?

On 1/8/2018 at 08:27, Highland Capital said:

I know David Raven was a great player for us over the years and a fans favourite but players come and go.  I know we're all disappointed he's away but good Lord, in the run up to Saturday, some of our fans were acting like he'd died!

The Ship is mightier than the Crew.

10 hours ago, sophia said:

Vigurs and Polworth ran the show against Falkirk tonight and the latter had more than a few sublime interventions.

There were so many goals that my memory betrays me, but for one through ball, from more than a few, there was an immediate murmur of discontent at the moment the ball left Liam's foot. Turns out that the pass was inspired and resulted in a great goal. 

Just what is it with the soul destroying negativity that pervades and moves some, that let's not forget, have paid good money to be entertained, to jump on and anti-celebrate at every opportunity? Are they unfulfilled physically and philosophically?

That was probably the second goal. Played a great ball in behind the defence to Mulraney.

The whole move for the second goal was actually fantastic to watch.

Was a great passing move. I think he played one of his best games for us but the bile that spews out of the youngsters in the north stand toward him is unreal. Seems quite personal tbh
Great team performance and for once it was a joy to watch unless your a Falkirk fan obviously

On 10/01/2018 at 17:37, jagster said:

the bile that spews out of the youngsters in the north stand toward him is unreal. 

It's not just youngsters.

The zero self awareness, spittle flecked, edge of reason and violence frenzy that some males, males of all ages, work themselves up to as games progress is a strange sight to behold.

Sight is one thing, but the astonishing and vile language is beyond parody.

His pass the other night was similar to his ball for Mulraney at Tannadice earlier in the season - superb stuff.

There were people on CTO slating him so I looked up his figures for this season - he is the leading assist provider in the Championship. That’s playing central midfield, deeper than a lot of other players who have similar numbers of assists. Of all our goals this season, in all competitions, Polworth has scored or assisted half of them. Yet still people mump and moan about him.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

His pass the other night was similar to his ball for Mulraney at Tannadice earlier in the season - superb stuff.

There were people on CTO slating him so I looked up his figures for this season - he is the leading assist provider in the Championship. That’s playing central midfield, deeper than a lot of other players who have similar numbers of assists. Of all our goals this season, in all competitions, Polworth has scored or assisted half of them. Yet still people mump and moan about him.

It was comedy gold.

The moment, the very instant of leather on leather, the seethe was instantaneously boiling and the "O" in "oh Polworth" was as tangible as it was audible.

It was premature articulation.

As for young Liam, as the stats testify, we might just have a star with a brightness about him.

• 2 weeks later...