"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Just now, lochnesscaley said:

Yes true but surely this means anyone could produce merchandise with club badge etc and we have no comeback? 

While this is true nobody is going to do that as they wouldn’t make any money out of it.

I reckon the SFA will make them put their location in front of Caledonian Thistle so they become Springburn Caledonian Thistle.  The’d be known as Springburn Caley in no time.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I reckon the SFA will make them put their location in front of Caledonian Thistle so they become Springburn Caledonian Thistle.  The’d be known as Springburn Caley in no time.

The only good thing in Springburn is Cosco.

On 04/04/2023 at 09:40, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Lower expectations needed. A cup final and finishing above Morton is the best we can ask - and maybe gives us a glimmer of financial hope for a better effort next season!

That's two of my predicted wins chalked up and your league prediction, as it stands, is already realised.

Three ands ...

We win v Arbroath on Tuesday

and

We win away at Cove and there is a concurrent home win for Partick Thistle.

If those three ands come through, I'll be as happy as I'll be insufferable this time next week.

Whaddaya say @SandyCromarty?

On 23/07/2022 at 21:50, Highland Capital said:
  • Nathan Shaw has some nice touches but he's the most one footed player we've ever had - this isn't the English seaside leagues.  Opposition players will cotton onto this instantly

On 20/08/2022 at 16:35, Central Belt Caley said:

Shaw and Boyd look out of their depth but it’s still early days so will reserve judgement for a bit. 

On 20/12/2022 at 20:00, Highland Capital said:

Forgot to mention this before but the Section 94 representative on the last podcast said he was 'happy' with the summer window.  Based on what?  Nathan Shaw - a bit better lately but largely not good enough.  

I'm not quite sure how you can happy with that return.

I love it when talent is nurtured and when it flourishes, truly there is beauty that is to be celebrated.

It cannot be denied that Nathan Shaw had a stuttering start and if that puts him in the same category as Dennis Wyness, then who am I to judge but it appears to me, just as Spring promises so much, a bloodied but indefatigable player is one to be reckoned with.

Are you as delighted as me to see him excel?

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yeah, it’s so unusual that footballers can get better over time isn’t it?

I'm nonplussed that you are willfully misinterpreting my point for likes but I'm also happy you understand the point I'm making.

2 hours ago, sophia said:

That's two of my predicted wins chalked up and your league prediction, as it stands, is already realised.

Three ands ...

and

If those three ands come through, I'll be as happy as I'll be insufferable this time next week.

If we make the play offs I’ll be as happy as you, and gladly accept I was wrong! There are a few more “ands” needed though, as the league doesn’t finish a week from now.

2 minutes ago, sophia said:

I'm nonplussed that you are willfully misinterpreting my point for likes but I'm also happy you understand the point I'm making.

It hasn’t been misinterpreted at all. It’s clear what you’re trying to say.

Shaw definitely looks at his best on the left side of the attacking 3 behind Mckay. Don't think he's as good as a ten or on the right. Leaves Danny MacKay stuck for game time. 

31 minutes ago, RiG said:

Shaw definitely looks at his best on the left side of the attacking 3 behind Mckay. Don't think he's as good as a ten or on the right. Leaves Danny MacKay stuck for game time. 

I really like MacKay and think he will become a really good player in the premiership but this doesn’t really bother me, as he ain’t going to be here next season and if we do happen to make the playoffs it’s a great option to have off the bench or to swap things about about with a lot of games coming up.

15 hours ago, sophia said:

Three ands ...

and

If you're fishing for my thoughts then for me nothing has changed, Dodds has to go he's had two seasons to get us promoted and failed, you can run all the straw clutching play off possibilities you want but the sooner we get new blood in and remove the dross the better,

A fair win yesterday and the team played well, but truth be told that was the worst Rovers team I've seen over the years and it was obvious from the whistle that they were just turning up with no real game plan for a win, we could have put our youth team out and still won.

Edited by SandyCromarty